Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,330 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Albert Einstein On God And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Albert Einstein On God And Religion (1755 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / GOD In Person Vs Albert Einstein. On Radio 1933 / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Orikinla(m): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=18pt]The following are the words of the great Albert Einstein on God and religion.

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."

"I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."

"God is subtle but he is not malicious."

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

~ Albert Einstein[/size]

Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by mazaje(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=18pt]I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
(Albert Einstein)

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
Cool guy, that Einstein. cool
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
fellis: Cool guy, that Einstein. cool

He wasnt a muslim grin grin grin grin
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
He wasn't an atheist grin grin grin grin
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by trafters: 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
he was a deist.
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
^Agnostic.
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by pastormustwacc: 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Lovely
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by wiegraf: 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
He was at best a pantheist. He was very clear about personal gods, which is the concern of most who show up here. He in no way believed in a yahweh, allah, zeus, etc, or any other similar notions. He didn't use the word god the way y'all use it as well.
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by advocate666: 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=18pt]The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

- Albert Einstein
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
wiegraf: He was at best a pantheist. He was very clear about personal gods, which is the concern of most who show up here. He in no way believed in a yahweh, allah, zeus, etc, or any other similar notions. He didn't use the word god the way y'all use it as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Albert_Einstein
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by wiegraf: 1:06am On Nov 16, 2012
fellis:

And this contradicts what I said how?
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Areaboy2(m): 1:25am On Nov 16, 2012
fellis:

and you base your argument on the thoughts of a great mind from a wikipedia entry? Shame on you!

Einstein will be spinning in his grave undecided

@topic.. just as typical as you religious lots are, cherry pick what you like and toss the rest away. Kudos for objective reasoning, you deserve a cold beer
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 16, 2012
fellis: He wasn't an atheist grin grin grin grin

What is the difference between an agnostic and an atheist in Islam? None
Re: Albert Einstein On God And Religion by Orikinla(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Keep the discussions going.
I am reading.

(1) (Reply)

Destroying Ancestral Altars/agents (4) / See What Happened At Pastor Chris Okafor’s Crusade In Calabar(photos) / Endtimes : From Peace & Safety To Desolation & Destruction - Jack Kelley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.