Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,339 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

What Am I Doing Wrong? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Am I Doing Wrong? (705 Views)

Construction Company Website Review .. What Am I Doing Wrong?????? / What Am I Doing Wrong On This Website? / Am I Doing It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Am I Doing Wrong? by ibietela2(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
Please brothers and sister i need your advice and instructions on one of my blogs www.e-healthdiary.com. The blog has good records but i hardly make anything from it. I spend my life saving on it, i abandon other blogs and focus on it but it hardly bring cash but it has good records such as under its 7months it has acquire a google pagerank of 3, 60k alexarank{www.alexa.com/siteinfo/e-healthdiary.com}, Domain authority 41, and others.
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? by tonyogie: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
are you gathering mailing list from it?
is your adsense up and running?
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? by ibietela2(m): 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
tonyogie: are you gathering mailing list from it?

Still working on the mailing ish thing. And for adsense i got Ban cry
tonyogie: are you gathering mailing list from it?

Still working on the mailing ish thing. And for adsense i got Ban
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? by yawatide(f): 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
Going out on a limb here:

1) Methinks when your aim of blogging is first to make money, you will fail. You need to first write out of passion. When you do that, your visitors will take notice and follow you accordingly. From there you can start monetizing. Personally, when I visit a blog and I see ads everywhere, it turns me off and I leave immediately. Bear this in mind, if you didn't know so already: Google ranks sites that have more to do with research much higher than commercialized sites

2) You need to strategically place your ads on the site. Maybe in b/w each article posting and not on the side (which I only found by scrolling down). The ads also need to be relevant to the site. So in the case of your site, wetin hostgator webhosting get to do with health diary?

3) Each link I clicked on your site took me to a new page. That's a turn off for people like me. Remember, you want your website to be sticky - keep people on there as long as possible. I would limit opening new pages/tabs to external sites and documents (pdfs for example). The longer people say on your site, the more the search engines say, "oh, if people are spending more time on the site then maybe it is actually a relevant site" and rank you accordingly.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? by ibietela2(m): 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
Thanks Yaya. I am trying my best

(1) (Reply)

Get A Great Website @ Affodable Price / What's Up With Yahoomail And Hotmail? / Web Hosting For Newbies Starting From 2,500 Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.