Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! (705 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges / Soludo's Signature On New =n=10 Polymer Note: Where Is Gov. Sanusi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lately, i v had quite an experience with the polymer notes printed few years back!
Yesterday was the peak when i was about giving the last 50Naira change on me to a bike man and it tore! It would have been more embarrasing if i was not in my area.
Is it the way people handle the note or do we spend low quality of polymer?
Pls, kindly share any experience you‘ ve had.
Re: Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
On 28th of Febuary 2007; the 20naira polymer was issued by the CBN. Also, 5,10,and 50naira were issued two years and few months after.
In recent times, i v had dealings with marketers at the retailing level. Though, the highest denomination makes handling easy: the use of the lowest denominations for change is needed for goods exchange.
Re: Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
As i was saying; they keep complaining about the faded and torn notes piled in their homes.
Then i ask; Would the bank reject these defaced notes? I believe banks won‘t reject them. Who‘s got time for changing of notes when there are other marketers saving large sums of money, especially in the new generation banks with larger population of customers?
If truly some of their profits are lieing somewhere defaced, do i conclude that in every sector of the country: Nigerians will always suffer and smile?
Re: Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! by Babamide(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
I think the polymer notes are intended to make us handle money carefully. Here in ibadan, u can't spend a taped polymer note. So whenever u are given a polymer note, u double check it before folding and pocketing. The only problem I have with polymer note is that they fade off easily.
Re: Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 20, 2012
Babamide: I think the polymer notes are intended to make us handle money carefully. Here in ibadan, u can't spend a taped polymer note. So whenever u are given a polymer note, u double check it before folding and pocketing. The only problem I have with polymer note is that they fade off easily.
Thanks for sharing that! In short, any taped/faded note end up....... Is it possible for the large populace to handle the polymer well? Do you think people need awareness on this?
Re: Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
It seems viewers have nothing to say about the polymer! Don‘t view alone: comment pls.
Re: Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! by Babamide(m): 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
We are nigerians. We just accept whatever is handed to us from our leaders.
Re: Share Your Experience Relating To The Cbn‘s Polymer Note! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
True talk

(1) (Reply)

A Touching Story (please Read ) Hit Like If It Touched You / Start Your Mini Importation Business Today / What Is The Meaning Of `hihi`

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.