Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC (10628 Views)

Kia To Manufacture Cars In Nigeria By Sept / Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by etunoman76(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
The Federal Road Safety Commission has warned that old number plates will become invalid by September 30, 2013.

Some months ago, the commission introduced new number plates which will replace the old ones.
The commission said in a post on Facebook on Thursday that from October 1, 2013, it would amount to an offence for anyone to use the old number plates.

It said a standard replacement fee of N10,000 had been set for each number plate while a new number plate costs N12,500, excluding registration fees which would be determined by state governments.
It said, “By October 1, 2013, it will be an offence for any owner or operator of a vehicle to still have affixed, old number plates on his/her vehicle as the deadline for the use of old plates is September 30, 2013.

“Owners of vehicles are enjoined not to wait till the last minute, when there could be a rush, before procuring the new plates. Those whose vehicle papers have expired or are about expiring are urged to procure the new plates rather than just renewing the vehicle papers, which of course will have to be renewed again when the new plates are being obtained. This will definitely save costs.
“The corps is also working out some incentives to encourage early replacement of the old plates and these shall be made public in due course.”

When the new plates were introduced last year, the Corps Marshal and Chief Executive Officer, FRSC, Mr. Osita Chidoka, had explained that it was to ensure the safety and security of Nigerians.
At a hearing on the matter organised by the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-governmental Affairs in March 2012, Chidoka said the new plates were intended to tie a number plate to an individual or organisation.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/11/old-number-plates-invalid-by-sept-30.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Nigerianeye+(NigerianEye)&m=1
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by yuzedo: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
Motherfuc(k)ers!!! angry
Na im be say I go wait till Sept.29 to change my own. Just in case dem reduce the fee again or dem eeediots decide to come out with a new idea/policy of cosmic significance!

By the way, how much be Custom Plate? I'm considering a vanity plate that says "Eyo-Eyo Real Nigga ina sexy car, Yaw Yaw Wsup Mehn" grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by muktarmtt(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
Only in 9ja plate number bein renewd evry 4 2 8 yrs mtsw
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Moshkom(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
NOTED...
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by crisycent: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
This is the most silly thing the FRSC has ev done. What differentiates the old number plate from the new one? A sily Nigerian map? The new number plate has no security feature that will warrant changing the old one for.....I know from a very reliable source that the contract for the new numb plate was awarded to madam Goodluck Jonathan. Una do well ooooooo!!!!! But don't forget, na two dey enta dat Aso Rock and na one dey comont.
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by legalwealth(m): 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
How much will be price of renewing my Hummer Jeep plate.

Is it the same for other vehicles?
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by MMM2(m): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
Fu-ck frsc, so I have 2 change my 9 cars plate nos undecided

Even my trucks shocked
Dey re big thief angry
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by markus1133: 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
new rule .
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Chedarking: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
yuzedo:
By the way, how much be Custom Plate? I'm considering a vanity plate that says "Eyo-Eyo Real Nigga ina sexy car, Yaw Yaw Wsup Mehn" grin wink

Jesus I don die finish....

LMAO
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
but really, this is to what end?
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by 18wheeler: 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
Until then......
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by EvilBrain1(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
The FG does it again! The greedy scumfucks have found another way to milk money out of the people to fund their bloated and corrupt enterprise.

The new plates are actually worse than the old ones in the sense that the added graphics make them harder to read from a distance. They could and should have computerised the database without asking everybody to pay more for something that has zero additional benefit.
GEJ is really on a roll this year. He's raised taxes, reduced subsidy, increased NEPA bills, and given nothing but promises and excuses in return.

Good job, Mr. President!

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by mkohagwu(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2012
Lol @ "for the safety and security of nigerians"
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by azimibraun: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
Did the first and old number last 20yrs? What kind of research gv birth 2 d old number dt in such a short time it hs bcome invalid? Mk I no waste my time talk jare.. Its all abt the money they wll mk frm it and ntothin more.. Wicked Nation.
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by azimibraun: 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nigerians are bin asked 2 get the new numbers for vehicles that wll b driven on thesame old bad roads.. Why nt fix the roads so that both the numbers and the roads wll b uniformed.. New number plate on vehicle driven on fwesh roads.. Eeddiioottss..

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
How has previous changes affect Nigerians ?
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by goldenval(m): 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
Lmao!!...... Funny country,..they want new plate number, very soon, they will start banning old vehicles from 1993 to 2000 models. Person no go sidon rest for his own country again, they wan turn this country to something else
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by onyeego(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
F.I.R.S.==> Generates Money for the Government and BULLY you in your office.

F.R.S.C.==> Generates MONEY for the Government and bully you on the ROADs

Why do they have so much in common undecided
Why not merge the two and stop confusing me.

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by erad(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
Wondering why you guys are complaining. Seems u are forgetting something, THIS IS NIGERIA! a country where the masses are a liability to the government, the same masses they are meant to serve and the same masses they spend every second of their miserable lives frustrating. The day any Nigerian news will surprise me is the day government implements a policy that actually directly affects and benefits the Nigerian masses.

Besides, nah person wey get car dey change number plate... later dem go say nah only one particular make of shoe make all Nigerians dey wear inside Nigeria. The extent of their extortion, folly, greed and confusion at the expense of the masses knows no bound. Such a pity.

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by speaktome(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
[b]Mtcheeeeew! Soon dem go introduce anoda body wey go dey colloct money for breathing in Nigeria.
I pitty my Fada land
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by adora4u1: 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
I thought the National Assembly stopped FRSC from issuing these new number plates?!

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Pakavy(m): 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
etunoman76: The Federal Road Safety Commission has warned that old number plates will become invalid by September 30, 2013.

Some months ago, the commission introduced new number plates which will replace the old ones.
The commission said in a post on Facebook on Thursday that from October 1, 2013, it would amount to an offence for anyone to use the old number plates.

It said a standard replacement fee of N10,000 had been set for each number plate while a new number plate costs N12,500, excluding registration fees which would be determined by state governments.
It said, “By October 1, 2013, it will be an offence for any owner or operator of a vehicle to still have affixed, old number plates on his/her vehicle as the deadline for the use of old plates is September 30, 2013.

“Owners of vehicles are enjoined not to wait till the last minute, when there could be a rush, before procuring the new plates. Those whose vehicle papers have expired or are about expiring are urged to procure the new plates rather than just renewing the vehicle papers, which of course will have to be renewed again when the new plates are being obtained. This will definitely save costs.
“The corps is also working out some incentives to encourage early replacement of the old plates and these shall be made public in due course.”

When the new plates were introduced last year, the Corps Marshal and Chief Executive Officer, FRSC, Mr. Osita Chidoka, had explained that it was to ensure the safety and security of Nigerians.
At a hearing on the matter organised by the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-governmental Affairs in March 2012, Chidoka said the new plates were intended to tie a number plate to an individual or organisation.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/11/old-number-plates-invalid-by-sept-30.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Nigerianeye+(NigerianEye)&m=1
incompetent fools,d prison service staff who were givin a SMA shanghai englong car in february this yr r yet 2 b issued d new plate numbers even afta the deductions were made 4rm their salaries.funny enough the order was made b d prison service in bulk..i hav 2 remove d plate numba 4rm my car and borrow my uncle anytym he was traveling far cos he is tired of flashing his i.d card each tym he is stoped and also cos of d security situation up north
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by valdubem(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
M M M: Fu-ck frsc, so I have 2 change my 9 cars plate nos undecided

Even my trucks shocked
Dey re big thief angry

If you have the money to buy urself 9 cars; dont tell us you cant afford to get #90,000 for the new plate numbers,,,,,,except the cars are stolen

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by vitality22(m): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
val_dubem:

If you have the money to buy urself 9 cars; dont tell us you cant afford to get #90,000 for the new plate numbers,,,,,,except the cars are stolen
To replace your old number plate is N35,000. I went to replace mine and they said its N35,000. I wish its N10,000, i would have done mine long ago.
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Ilaje44(m): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Why are people not forming interest groups and going to court to challenge this silly thing?
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Thok(m): 5:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
angry. And what is/was with the previous made one.. U think its everyone that can afford to squeeze out the amount for a new one?.. Simply announce to the world that u need more money for the coffers, to embezzle.
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by hassymo5(m): 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
theses pple na thieves,, why not allow the old and new, since they are selling new plate numbers, thats means with time the old will fade away!!!
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by sultaan(m): 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
I am not very familiar with this law but have they changed the plates on police vehicles, govt(state&federal) vehicles and those in Zamfara, Yobe, Sokoto state.

If the Police are not complying with the law, those in Sokoto never got the memo, why should the harass the more affluent southerners?
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by naturalwaves: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
onye ego: F.I.R.S.==> Generates Money for the Government and BULLY you in your office.

F.R.S.C.==> Generates MONEY for the Government and bully you on the ROADs

Why do they have so much in common undecided
Why not merge the two and stop confusing me.
They are both 4 lettered
They share 3 letters F, R and S.
They both start with the letter F
They both end with the letter S.

They really have things in common cheesy
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by oc2fish: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
It is unfortunate that the so called leaders are heartless. To number a car cost between 35 and 40k. They come out and tell us stories. If you complain at their office they will ask you to bring the memo osita chidioka if you are sincere bring out a memo to that and give your men instruction to follow the instruction. Members can remember the house ask him to stop issueing this number but today he is out their giving a deadline to what the house ask him not to implement.

Why are they fooling us osita Chidioka your a thief stop stealing frm the suffering masses OSITA CHIDIOKA YOUR THIEF. FOR EVERY KOBO YOU STEAL FROM MASSES IN THE NAME OF NUMBERING THEIR CAR YOU AND YOUR GENERATION WILL ACCOUNT FOR IT.
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
my simple question is this: is this implentation going to reduce accident on the Nigerian road.

#weep for my country naija
Re: Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC by Edunwa302(m): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ok nah no b naija we dey? no b create law na to enforce am,oga road safety come collect 10k some of una won go ortopedic hospital cus me i no go stop 4 una,just stand on ma way let me bring u down.nonsence

(1) (2) (Reply)

Merits Of Repairing My Crankshaft Against Buying A New Engine / See Russian President’s Car That Will Put President Obama's "THE BEAST" To Shame / Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.