Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php (1519 Views)

How Can I Upload More Than One File At Once Into My Cpanel? / How To Upload A Song(your Song) Or Other Application Or File To Waptrick / My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php by internetpo(m): 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2008
iam asking al ot today. can anybody solve this for me?

who wants to take a look at my sign? cheesy
Re: How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php by uspry1(f): 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2008
You need to upload the entire folder you want to park your website in order to display properly.

folder contains all .htm or .php files, images files, and any other external files at the same place on your web hosting directory.

Without folder, you will have missing images (banner header, side bars where display white background with RED CROSS) and missing files of multiple web pages from hypertexts: About Us page, Product page that prompts error page 404.
Re: How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php by kazey(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2008
uspry1:

Without folder, you will have missing images (banner header, side bars where display white background with RED CROSS) and missing files of multiple web pages from hypertexts: About Us page, Product page that prompts error page 404.

Re: How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php by mambenanje(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2008
if I get you right you wan to mask the url of your website. say you want www.example.com/page.html to show as www.example.com/page or www.example.com/template.php to show as www.example.com/template ,
if thats what your looking for then you have to learn how to configure apache on the site, this you can archieve using the .htaccess file. just google .htaccess www.google.com/search?q=.htaccess
and it will give you info on how to do stuff like that with the apache webserver
Re: How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php by bakenda(m): 2:43pm On May 12, 2008
OR you could create subfolder(s) within the public html folder
and upload the files as index.htm or index.php e.g if you want
www.yoursite.com/page.htm to display as www.yoursite.com/page,
save page.htm as index.htm,create a subfolder named page in
public html and upload the file there.

Hope this helps wink
Re: How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php by kheme(m): 12:25pm On May 17, 2008
what exactly is the question?

(1) (Reply)

Www.toscanyacademy.com is online now / Say Hello To Hilary 419 / How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.