Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership (1100 Views)

Athletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona : Spanish Super Cup (4 - 0) On 14th August 2015 / TB Joshua Predict That English Premiership Side Chelsea Will Champions League / French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Afam4eva(m): 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
This is a two in one thread.

First i want to know why only English premiership clubs make it to the frontpage but La Liga matches never make it to the FP. Right now a match between Barcelona and Real Zaragoza is going on but it's not trending. Pls let the mods consider that there are spanish la liga fans on nairaland.

Now, the main reason why i opened this thread is to get your opinions concerning which league takes the cake. We can all agree that before now the La Liga and Italian Serie A were the two best leagues in the world. Ever since the Italian match fixing scandal that involved Juventus and some other parties, the Seria has taken a nose dive. Now, the premiership having been greeted with the influx of foreign players have grown over the years with more people having interest in the Premiership. While we can agree that the English premiership has grown, i was irritated when an english fan told me that the Premiership is the best league in the world. Deep inside me i wanted to give him a dirty slap but after considering the fact that he was more physically built than me, i thought otherwise. I decided to use my brain to do the fighting instead. I considered every variable possible and i couldn't see the basis of his assertion. This same Premiership for the past years have produced the best players in the world. The only time that i can remember that the world best player emerged from England was when C Ronado won it in Man U. Currently the two best players in the world play in the La Liga. So, what possible criteria can we use that the premiership will compete against the Spanish La Liga.
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Chedarking: 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
afam4eva: This is a two in one thread.

First i want to know why only English premiership clubs make it to the frontpage but La Liga matches never make it to the FP. Right now a make between Barcelona and Real Zaragoza is going on but it's not trending. Pls let the mods consider that there are spanish la liga fans on nairaland.

Now, the main reason why i opened this thread is to get your opinions concerning which league takes the cake. We can all agree that before now the La Liga and Italian Serie A were the two best leagues in the world. Ever since the Italian match fixing scandal that involved Juventus and some other parties, the Seria has taken a nose dive. Now, the premiership having been greeted with the influx of foreign players have grown over the years with more people having interest in the Premiership. While we can agree that the English premiership has grown, i was irritated when an english fan told me that the Premiership is the best league in the world. Deep inside me i wanted to give him a dirty slap but after considering the fact that he was more physically built than me, i thought otherwise. I decided to use my brain to do the fighting instead. I considered every variable possible and i couldn't see the basis of his assertion. This same Premiership for the past years have produced the best players in the world. The only time that i can remember that the world best player emerged from England was when C Ronado won it in Man U. Currently the two best players in the world play in the La Liga. So, what possible criteria can we use that the premiership will compete against the Spanish La Liga.

There is NO 'best' league in the world.

Each league has a different prevailing culture and appeals to like-minded people.

Most people prefer to watch the Premier League not necessarily because of technical skill, but for the thrill and raw excitement it can sometimes provoke.

Spanish football is far superior to the English brand technically, but I personally prefer a physical battle to a 'dribble-fest'

I was a Defensive Midfielder at school and I loved to steamroller my opponents with bone-crunching tackles. Hence my preference for the English and Italian brands of football.

Anyways...We all know that the La-liga is a two horse race. Barcelona bore me to bits and I'm not a fan of Real either.

In the Premiership, We know the Big Boys. But we also know that teams playing away at STOKE or WEST HAM are going to be smashed to bits. We know that his day, BALE and his fellow SPURS can rip anybody a new one. This relative unpredictability is what appeals to most people.

Today we saw West Brom and Shane Long destroy Chelsea, and lowly Norwich were able to sneak a victory over the biggest brand in English football(Man Utd)

This is what makes the premiership the most popular(not best) in the world.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by kaypumpin2(m): 11:38pm On Nov 17, 2012
What is spanich?
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Afam4eva(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2012
kay_pumpin: What is spanich?
Back to the topic.
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Afam4eva(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Francheezy(m): 12:08am On Nov 20, 2012
BarCA 4 LYfE
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by dayokanu(m): 2:49am On Nov 20, 2012
Bundesliga
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2012
The reason i will never for once support a la Liga is because there are always two things involve either Barca wins or Real maldrid.Here in EPL you can never pick who will win they are always active at the CL and i can bet you 4 teams would always qualify for knock out stage
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
bandiejay: The reason i will never for once support a la Liga is because there are always two things involve either Barca wins or Real maldrid.Here in EPL you can never pick who will win they are always active at the CL and i can bet you 4 teams would always qualify for knock out stage

In epl before last season it was either Man Utd Win or Chelsea Win
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
dayokanu: Bundesliga
I also think the Bundesliga is up there too but they have to do more with attracting more foreign players into their league.
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
afam4eva:
I also think the Bundesliga is up there too but they have to do more with attracting more foreign players into their league.

They have enough foreign players.

DO you know that Demba Ba, Pappis Cisse, Dimitar Berbatov, SantaCruz all who did well in the EPL were from the Bundesliga
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by AndreUweh(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
dayokanu: Bundesliga
A league of only 18 teams. They really need to expand.
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
Andre Uweh:
A league of only 18 teams. They really need to expand.

Expand to where?

They say the number of tooth in a mouth isnt what matters but the cleanliness
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Afam4eva(m): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
dayokanu:

They have enough foreign players.

DO you know that Demba Ba, Pappis Cisse, Dimitar Berbatov, SantaCruz all who did well in the EPL were from the Bundesliga
I know they have foreign player but i actually meant popular and big foreign player. I know they have a handful but they can diversify even more.

They also need some publicity outside of Germany.

I love the german league cos it looks fresh.
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
afam4eva:
I know they have foreign player but i actually meant popular and big foreign player. I know they have a handful but they can diversify even more.

They also need some publicity outside of Germany.

I love the german league cos it looks fresh.

These players have been in German league before but due to peoples ignorance and one way thought pattern they never knew they existed before.

How many people here knew Demba Ba, Pappis, Berbatov, Hleb etc when they were in the Bundesliga but when they get to the EPL and dazzle everyne would start rating them
Re: Spanish La Liga Vs English Premiership by Afam4eva(m): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
dayokanu:

These players have been in German league before but due to peoples ignorance and one way thought pattern they never knew they existed before.

How many people here knew Demba Ba, Pappis, Berbatov, Hleb etc when they were in the Bundesliga but when they get to the EPL and dazzle everyne would start rating them
I think what the Bundesliga needs is more publicity outside the shores.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea's New Kit / Arsenal Vs Liverpool by 8:15pm Today / Barcelona And Chelsea. Who Would Win This Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.