Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (24978 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by stanleysneak(m): 11:14am On Nov 18, 2012
no comment
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by sugardaddy1(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2012
kITA TITA: I'm really concerned about the source of the funds used by these pastors to acquire jets. They are not known to own blue chip companies, quoted on the floor of any stock exchange. If it is the money contributed by poor members, who are promised the reward of heaven, or threatened with the punishment of hellfire then that is criminal . But I think that the biggest damage that these pastors have done to their members is the assault on their brains. There are Masters degree holders who would go to their pastors for an advice on when to sleep and relate with their wives and when to invest in any business or take a decision on anything. Why surrender your entire being to the so called man of God. Are you man of devil?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:
Am very much willing to learn if u would educate me. I would appreciate you enlighten me if acquisation of properties are wrong, or based on religious grounds it is ethically wrong? Is "embarassing" the actual phrase that should be used?
ur soul and mind is 100percent corrupted. U need to be reformated!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by slap1(m): 11:18am On Nov 18, 2012
I pity the members of these churches. When they are hungry, the pastors will tell them to fast and pray for God's grace, instead of helping them. Members are suffering, pastors are flexing.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:19am On Nov 18, 2012
sunny4christ: He dat own's de the earth and it fullness is He poor. I must say dat we christian are de right people who deserve dose jet. Christ was made poor dat we may be rich. Dere isn'thing wrong in it
so the apostles had riches?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
Another pastor (name forgoten) lost his life on the Dana plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!
with this kind of shallow and myopic minds like u, no hope for dis country and christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Dygeasy(m): 11:21am On Nov 18, 2012
FreeGlobe:
for the first time ever Billyonaire is making a hell load of sense grin
I thought twas only me that noticed it...now I'm beginning to like BYLLIONAIRE... *extends a handshake to him*
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by wizard01(m): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2012
But in the real sense, is Kukah "Judging this men of God"?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by charlsecy4(m): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2012
:
..... He also expressed displeasure with the perceived closeness of the CAN leadership to the corridors of powers. He said such alliance will weaken the ability of the church to speak the truth to elected public office holders. According to him: “CAN has become more visible in relation to national prayer sessions, pilgrimages, alliances with state power and so on. “Unless we distance ourselves, we cannot speak the truth to power. We cannot hear the wails of the poor and the weak. We should not be seen as playing the praying wing of the party in power.”
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by fingard02k(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2012
Who no like better things?....he wey dey talk if he has the money dey dash him, will he reject it?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ujchief(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2012
Topic on frontpage gathers vultures, atheist, freethinkers and fools
*unfollows topic*

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
Another pastor (name forgoten) lost his life on the Dana plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!

This is the dumbest comment I have seen in a longer while and I'm a regular on NL. So buying private jet for pastors is the solution to our comatose aviation sector right? Maybe every citizen should buy his or her own private jet so that we can all fly safely. No wonder we have our politicians stealing PUBLIC funds to buy PRIVATE jets with illogical citizens like you. So the life of your pastor is more important that ur ownn life abi and it is you that deserves to fly a commercial airline and crash because of our poorly managed aviation sector. Whatever floats your boat my friend.

12 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by azimibraun: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2012
I guess once upon a time, it ws embarrasssing pastors owning Big cars, dis dudes ignored everyone took advantage of time and event to overtake d ppls shout on their craze for classy automobiles mansions.. Nw their craze and mad wealth hs pointed the direction of jets so jets they are buying..soon they may want 2 holiday in d moon. "Men of Jah" indeed. I think dey smoke weed and sniff. White lines in theses jets.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2012
GARRI (x7):

My stand ont his issue never changed. I agree with Kukah 100%...

Pls focus on the substance of Kukah's message, and not whether he'd have accepted the gift or not...

Lastly, I'm sorry about saying you lack education... smiley
why are u sorry, d guy actually lack education of d mind. Ability to read and write is not d kpim of education. Wen ur mind is not educated you remain a slowpoke and illiterate. D guy is a complete brainwashed greedy corrupt selfish unbalance malu malu.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by crisycent: 11:27am On Nov 18, 2012
Don't hate Bruv, congratulate!!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by azimibraun: 11:28am On Nov 18, 2012
The mst illitrate commen ever read on social media.. Danm! This pastor Bimbo dude is wack 2 da bone..my God! Am glad u are nt my relative it wld hv bin a shame on our clan to hv a member mk dis dumb comment.. Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2012
The pastors are not taking the side of their congregation in the fight against bad governance, corruption and mismanagement of public funds. They wine and dine with the oppressors of the people who worship in the churches. They do not speak truth to power.

I am not advocating the pauperization of the preachers, but there is NO JUSTIFICATION for the purchase of the ultimate luxury item on the planet with the weekly contribution and tithes of the mostly impoverished worshipers-in a country where 70 percent is living on less than $2 a day.

Good education is expensive, but those churches should ensure that at least 20 percent of those registered in their universities are brilliant kids who cannot afford to school there. Their fees will be subsidized by the fees of the rich parents who can afford those outrageous fees.

Remember that Jesus rode on a donkey during the triumphant entry into Jerusalem. He did not ask for a white horse with a carriage. It was done as an example to us. He gave several examples on humility:

1. That we should be like 'children' in order to make it to the kingdom of God.

2. That it is easier for a donkey to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

3. Sharing of the five loaves and two fishes is an example of contributing to the center, then disbursing to assist the congregation.

4. Washing the feet of his disciples, when they should be doing that for him.

Which Bible are these people reading?

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Ekans: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2012
kokoA: and what make their lives more important than hundreds of other people that die in plane crashes? What makes the pastor's life more important than an ordinary church member who probably gives his hard earned money to the church but can not raise money for a kidney transplant? What makes pastor's life more important than people that die on lagos-ibadan express way daily? If the so called religious leaders focus on their real work and speak the truth to people in power we won't be in the mess we are now, our aviation sector woul have been good.
You couldn't have said it better,let the morons hear if they have ears.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Super1759: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2012
Billyonaire: The churches are supposed to share their revenue and gifts among members, Jesus the Christ, shared the little 2 loaves and 5 fishes amongst the multitudes, and we keep reasoning the miracle part of it without understanding the motive. Church Revenue are not supposed to be exclusive rights of the MOGs, its supposed to be for all. What moral standing does a private jet flying pastor has to admonish the Government on revenue sharing and provision of free amenities to citizens when they can not even help the poor in their churches but they use their excessive wealth to purchase private jets and other luxury automobiles. Lets not forget that churches are not being taxed even when billions of dollars are going through their bank accounts annually, but my business is taxed by the Federal and State governments. Churches are not taxed because they are under the Charity Organization acts & category, but I have not seen a single act of charity by the Churches and their MOGs in Lagos. The Covenant university and other Church owned universities are more expensive than Government universities, their hospitals are more expensive, their restaurants charge exorbitantly, even Olive Oil, Candle and other spiritual ointments, incenses and apparels costs over 40% mark-up on the prices obtainable across the street. The churches are NOT charity organization, they are profit based, and if they are profit based it means they lie to the law, and if they lie and dont pay the government revenue, then it means its theft of supposed revenue accruable to the government, which was supposed to be used to provide amenities to the governed; theft of funds, is fraud. I therefore move an assertion that the church is fraud. And all pastors with private jets should be imprisoned and the private jets seized and liquidated to pay for all taxes they owe. It all starts with the lie that they are charity based, and they end up being most fraudulent. I challenge any pastor to tell me that his church is a charity organization, and I will proof that he is a fraud. There is no single act of charity in the churches, but a system of barter.
gbam! You've said it all, but in case where the cars,houses or even jet is given to the pastor by his members, "we don't want our pastor to look cheap""we wana tap into his blessings" then backing it up with bible. "He who offers the prophet a cup of water is worthy of his blessings" that's a different case.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by juicyinn: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2012
The increased number of people owning private jets has definately affected the price of Garri

undecided
The increased number of people owning private jets has definately affected the price of Garri
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:
Am very much willing to learn if u would educate me. I would appreciate you enlighten me if acquisation of properties are wrong, or based on religious grounds it is ethically wrong? Is "embarassing" the actual phrase that should be used?

Wrong timing.

Ecc.3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by azimibraun: 11:36am On Nov 18, 2012
I dnt knw mch abt private jets, bt @ least I knw they are Mad expensive 2 buy and even more expensive to maintain. I also knw they are mst importantly for ppl who are knwn as "Enterprenure" who are always on the go and are always behind schedule in bizness meetings so they go private.. Eg Dangote, anoda set of ppl who use private jets are ppl who jst want 2 display wealth.. So hw do pastors fit in2 dis 2 categories of ppl? Pastors suppose dey travel travel abt; or pastors suppose dey show wealth? Answers.. because I knw mst church programmes are nt shar sharp lk Dangote biz meetings.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Enoquin(f): 11:37am On Nov 18, 2012
Demdem:

Nobody is saying the church is poor. Infact its a good thing for the church to be wealthy. However I believe we have misplaced our priorities. Churches now tend to be business minded than fulfilling the needs of the people within their capability.
Let's take oyedepo 4jets for instance. Don't u think the yearly amount that will be used to maintain, run and facilitates those jets in millions of dollars can be used to subsidize covenant university school fees which even the vast majority of his members can't afford to send their kids.

When the missionaries came, they came with schools, hospitals etc that were affordable and at times free. What will we say is our legacy now? Outdoing ourselves in acquiring vanities in the midst of abject poverty.
It's a shame.

I agree with the last paragraph. If the missionaries came and decided that only the very rich should attend schools or that their medical knowledge should be for those who can afford it...then we would not be here today...
Anyone that wants to own a jet or even 5 jets is allowed to but one would have to ask, if that should truly be a priority. There are evangelists and pastors abroad, why don't they own private jets? Why aren't they afraid of plane crashes?
This is the 80/20 rule kind of thing, when 20% of the population own/control wealth to the detriment of the remainder 80%. This kind of stuff brings forth revolution

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by vedaxcool(m): 11:37am On Nov 18, 2012
Some christians would soon say he can't afford it that is why he barking, I have to say this man demonstrate great courage in rebuking this CAN president who has turn CAN into CAN'T:

Can't question why the administration is failing

Can't question the excessive poverty in the land.

. . .

Can't question the excessive corruption.

Na wa oh!

It is now really all about the Benjamin!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2012
afam4eva:

There's a topic on why Nigerians find it difficult to read http:///forum/index.php?topic=183.0

I agree 100% with Bishop Mathew Kukah. Those that have a problem with his assertion are members of churches that their pastors own private jets. I wonder what sort of Christianity is being practiced today.

I agree with Rev. Monsignor Pascal Nwaezeapu. I see it as embarasing for a man of God to send someone to represent him in preaching the word GOD called him to preach. Its not scriptural
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by solomonkane(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2012
I see people asking questions whether Kukah would not accept a jet as a gift and I marvel at their incredible stupidity, this is someone who has consistently proven to be steadfast and forthright. I remember him castigating misrule right from Abacha's time through to OBJ. We are all living witnesses to his work at The Oputa panel where people like IBB were indicted. He is a million times right on the jets and CAN. Under Oritsejafor, CAN has become an extension of State House, always available for "prayer meetings", "thanksgiving service", "revival for the nation" and other such nonsense. I was very happy when the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria withdrew from CAN. Like the PFN as well, both are sick, corrupt bodies peopled by greedy, thieving charlatans (who remembers Bishop Obembe's misappropriation of the funds meant for the Benny Hinn Revival) who have created a new Jesus in their own image and likeness i.e. an ATM machine. I believe its time we get the National Assembly to create laws similar to RICO in the U.S and start taxing them. The wealth of religious bodies in Nigeria needs to be properly investigated.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 11:39am On Nov 18, 2012
I'm beginning to think that it is actually very possible that a lot of people who are labeled MOGs, are actually atheists.

I say this because some of the things some of them do, if you actually have the fear of God in you, you would not dare!

Remember that Jesus said some would claim they did miracles and preached in His name, but He would deny them on the last day.

Who did you think He was referring to?

Methinks he could have been referring to a whole lot of Nigerian Pastors.

I remember the huge silence from the church during the fuel subsidy protest. In other countries, the Church is in the forefront of battles against the oppression of the people. In Nigeria we see them on Television wining and dining with the corrupt politicians. Very few have the guts to tell them the truth that they have failed Nigerians and God will certainly judge them accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by confusion247(m): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:
What is the primary duty of a pastor? Is wrong for a pastor to own properties because it is all vanity. Bible said that any place a man's wealth is, is also where his mind will be. Of what use is a private jet to a pastor if you really know what is involved in owning a private jet? A pastor's duty is to turn the hearts of men towards GOD and not to acquire material wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by looknlaff(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2012
teeo: There is no substance in Kukahs statement, churchs today are blessed because the bible contains secrets to living a life of affluence here on earth and after life in heaven.
Why is it that people always want to assume that the church is poor. The church and its members are not poor. God keeps blessing his people.
Poverty is a state of life also wealth is another state. Those of us who pay our tithe are blessed and can also be a blessing.
If the money used to buy the jet is not your fathers own then shut up.
. I thought the population of fools on NL was diminishing. You just swelled the ranks. You are so blessed that you own your own jet or don't you have need for one? SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by azimibraun: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2012
Pls o! Me na muslim I be bt one thing I wnt u xtians 2 clearify is dis.. Saying Bishop kukah wnt accept a jet if he ws offerd one, shebi him na chatolic priest? Can a catholic bishop on his own accept a gift of a jet without Rome approving it? Catholic bishop get such powers of accepting gift? No b one man bizness church gt such powers and discreation? Answers pls.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by emalekuo(m): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2012
kokoA: and what make their lives more important than hundreds of other people that die in plane crashes? What makes the pastor's life more important than an ordinary church member who probably gives his hard earned money to the church but can not raise money for a kidney transplant? What makes pastor's life more important than people that die on lagos-ibadan express way daily? If the so called religious leaders focus on their real work and speak the truth to people in power we won't be in the mess we are now, our aviation sector woul have been good.
God Blessing you for this POST. We are in a country whereby our leaders think some set of people are more important than others. If we cherish every life a lot of issues would be put on the table, people die daily on our roads no body says anything and when a plane crashes we start hearing noises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

₦100m Was Paid For My Release - Samuel Uche (Methodist Cleric) / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe / Paris New Morning Water Crusade With Prophet TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.