Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Sunday Family Memories - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sunday Family Memories (653 Views)

Sweet Memories Of The Past ( Photo ) / Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood / Childhood Memories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Family Memories by BAMMZ(m): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2012
While growing up,Sundays gave me the best wishes. I observed the family (polygamous) is mostly united and organised on sundays. A day our dad will assemble us all for our Daraprim (anti malarial drug) sunday-sunday medicine. A day we will all be in our white garment ready for church before we are cramped up in our beetle car. A day we must eat white rice and stew( with chicken sometimes).
Fond memories! Share with us please.
Re: Sunday Family Memories by BAMMZ(m): 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
On sunday. . . . . The day starts slow but picks up gradually. I remember how i dont forward to sundays cos i dont want to go the church,infact i was hoping there will be church holiday. But when i get to church eventualy, i'll never want to leave cos i will be having the play of my life. I remember how many times my people have gone home without. I wont even know until i see my pops red eyes when he comes back for me!
Re: Sunday Family Memories by BAMMZ(m): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
Now i am old,sundays only remind me of work on monday!
Re: Sunday Family Memories by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
I was raised in a Moslem home... on Sundays we wear the best jewelry and clothes to Sunday prayer worship... and ride with our daddy... then go to our family friends house from there then home and start ironing our uniforms for the week , I remember...I have up to like 7 uniforms lol

but now that I'm married and a Christian... we go to church on Sundays and go for brunch in a restaurant ( we rotate cos we've been everywhere in town ),

then I make special supper and of-course a desert with the kids and get messy and we start to get ready for the week again sad
Re: Sunday Family Memories by BAMMZ(m): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
@jidegirl12,i can imagine you and your family. Nice experience there. I used to admire the muslims going for sunday programmes(ASSALLATU). It was a beautiful sight.
I think parents need to create those beautiful moments for kids like you are doing.
I had many sweet times like xmas-the only time we go to isaac boro park or a hotel pool side with neigbors.. . .
Re: Sunday Family Memories by ifyalways(f): 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
Special rice.
Sunday-sunday medicine.
Special clothes.
Visit to Rojeny games village, oba.

(1) (Reply)

Baby Auction, Big Business / Vey Funny: 7 Months Old Baby Does Sit-up's / What To Do With Your Kids On Children's Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.