Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? (47480 Views)

Man Dies After Drinking 4 Crates Of Beer In Lagos / 6 Harmful Effects Of Drinking Coca Cola (coke) And Pepsi / Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow:

Who are you calling MAD?! angry

COW!!!!!!!
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow:

COW!!!!!!! grin
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by ziondaughter: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
We are being by the bitter taste of beer but i tell u its most dangerous to health. It takes a bottle of beer 8hrs to get out of the system n den u find some drunks taking more dan 6 bottles in a sitting. If u keep doing dis every day u are overwhelming d system. why are most men having big tummy? The truth is dat we are not decent in taking alcohol; no exercise, no good food, u dont expect overnight miracle. Be discipline!
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by chievo: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
danikik7: There's a scientific proof that beer is medicinal while soft drinks are poison.
......Ezi...mtcheeeeeew
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Ekans: 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow:

Oga,are you not mad?
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Goldenskin: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
aieromon: Both contain some form of sugar which need to be broken down by insulin. Beer however contains alcohol which has to be broken down by the liver and excreted out of the body. Putting pressure on the liver cells is not advisable and as such,alcohol should always be taken in moderation.

I would say beer is more harmful. Thanks.

I couldn't have said it better. Sugar does not cause diabetes, rather the inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin to break down sugar to a form that is absorb able by the body actually causes diabetes. There is nothing wrong with taking soft drinks, however if Ɣ☺u are diabetic or have a history of diabetes in your family, then its harmful to your health.

On the otherhand, the liver detoxifies the body. The persistent consumption of substances with large amount of toxins will lead to the 'abuse' of the liver and eventual pack up. This is why majority of people with liver related illnesses such as liver cirrhosis are alcoholics.
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Elebiju: 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
Thank God I don't take either of the two,I prefer my alomo or whisky anytime of the day
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Princessaleeza: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
Av never heard dat soft drinks is dangerous 2 liver & kidney except 2 much of it can cos diabetics & not 4 every1. I think Alcohol is dangerous 2 health.
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Princessaleeza: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
Elebiju: Thank God I don't take either of the two,I prefer my alomo or whisky anytime of the day
both contains Alcohol.
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Altruist(m): 10:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
n/b dat cocacola contains 75% water wit a brix of abt 10.3 far less dan many of ur alchohol,under average working conditn,u can burn down a bottle of coke under 30mins nd as 4 d co2 u exhale it immediately.its jst dere to refresh d test nd preserve d drink.hv u forgtn achohol is gotn frm fermented glucose hw dare u compare both
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by dokunbam(m): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
both
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by Zucker(m): 4:08am On Nov 22, 2012
Beer drinkers rejoice! Drinking beer daily (in moderation, of course; duh!) actually improves health! It seems many cannot see the forest for the trees. Beer is good for your health, IF taken in moderation.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/10-surprising-health-benefits-beer
http://www.besthealthmag.ca/eat-well/healthy-eating/the-health-benefits-of-beer
http://www.shape.com/latest-news-trends/4-reasons-reach-beer
http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/14/beer-drink-health-forbeslife-cx_avd_0317health.html

Summary (Positive Sides of Beer)

1. Stronger bones
2. A stronger heart
3. Healthier kidneys
4. Boosts brain health
5. Reduced risk of cancer
6. Boosts vitamin levels
7. Guards against stroke
8. Reduced risk of diabetes
9. Lowers blood pressure
10. Longer life (obviously the cumulative effect of all the above)

So boys and girls, you can drink some beer daily or you can have your soft drink, which are mostly nothing better than sugar, carbonated water, color, and preservatives! No, I don't drink beer daily; pity!
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by InvertedHammer: 7:00am On Nov 22, 2012
Our bodies respond differently to both.

For some, softdrink is worse than beer and vice versa.
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by fasisland: 8:58am On Nov 22, 2012
Mad Cow: Soft drink makes you fat, Beer makes you happy

na wa ooo
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by omicron(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2012
fagin1982:

You are just out condemn Alcohol ..My dear both are good to the system if taken moderately..Soft drinks re packed with fructose,sucrose when in excess directly affects the kidney..while Alcohol when taken in excess over taxes the liver

The word here is moderation..Alcohol is packed full of calories so its energy giving qualities re good
Lol! How can I be all out to condem alcohol? Alcohol hasn't done anything bad to me now
Re: BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? by bhagghio(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2012
They are both harmful when excessively...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos / Look At The Snake I Just Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.