Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,463 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

GEJ And The Promise Land - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GEJ And The Promise Land (430 Views)

3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise / The Promise Recruitment - Various Job Vacancies / Promise To Show It To Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GEJ And The Promise Land by Agwabra(m): 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
I recall waking up on the 1st of Jan 2012 after a funfilled night vigil with friends to the shocking and what most people discribed as the worst New year gift from his Excellency Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Little did we know that we were in it for a show down with the government. I recall what the streets of lagos and some other area turned to. We saw pictures from different parts of the city of people turning the main and major roads into relaxation point and even bedrooms to some. We all thought that the government will yield to the demands of the people through those we considered as our mediator with the government(NLC) but it continued beyond our expectations. Let me not bore you with the whole story of what happened within that one week of protest.

I was prompted to write this when i read an article this morning about another possible hick in the price of PMS, after reading the news, memories of what happened during the subsidy wahala came flashing. The president assured Nigerians that all was well and that he needed 6 months to turn the face of Nigeria around with the savings from the removal of the oil subsidy. He went as far as procuring buses to help ease the burden of hike in transport fares, promised us that by October this year the power supply will be more stable and constant, refining of crude oil in Nigeria through the refinary along with many other promises.

First let us consider the trend of PMS price and supply. After the pump price of 97 Naira per litre of PMS was introduced, the supply of PMS has not been any better than what we used to experience. Presently, before you can get PMS in lagos, you will have to cue for hours at petrol stations, there has been tremendous rise in the sale of adulterated PMS through the black market. One can conclude that the situation we are in now has not been any better than what we used to experience.

On the issue of power supply, i can only judge from the area i reside that power supply has gone from 13hours a day from the beginning of the year to about 4hours a day recently. What i consider most annoying about PHCN is with the bill. I was recently charged 9500 for a month consumption, what was normally within the range of 500 to 1000 max. I complained to them and i was informed that it was due to the increase in the cost of power, out of curiosity i went through the previous bills and the recent one, i discovered that my monthly consumption went from 145 to about 1256. This was in a month that our transformer got bad and we were in total darkness for about two weeks. Like the adage goes, "ones bitten, twice shy" i began taking reading of the meter. And as God would have it, the next bill showed a meter reading 38998 while my meter read 38456 which indicated that the guys just guess the meter readings. When i confronted him, he said that he made a mistake that i should run a copy of the bill and pay any amount. This shows how these guys defraud Nigerians.

I don't want to go into details with all that has been going on, like the oil subsidy report, the resignation of power minister, the house of assembly and so on, what i want to believe is that we are all in it together, though it seems we are on the path to doom, i want to believe in God's message this morning that his word shall never pass away, and that is word is JESUS which means God is with us. Nigerian never give with your prayers for this our great nations, because with God, all things are possible. Thank you and God bless

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(union Diagnostic & Clinical Services Plc) / Urgent Nd/nce/ssce Jobs@ Better Business Cooperative Society Ltd. Osogbo&akure / Accountant Need With Elizade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.