Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

How To Host And Test Scripts From My Computer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Host And Test Scripts From My Computer (978 Views)

Need Clarifications On Domain Registra, Web Host And Web Server / Complete Tutorials On Designing A Wapka.m0bi Site.(codes/scripts Etc) / Has Anyone Benefited From Free Host And Domain Registration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Host And Test Scripts From My Computer by DeeAe: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
I plan on downloading a blog script(wordpress or anything) and installing the site with addon mods, test run it and stuff before uploading to a host under a specific domain name. is it possible for me to do all this with my computer and no host(yes just me can access the site) then when i'm done with the site and all i can upload it online to any host of my choice?(think it will be like trasfering websites)
I remember i read something related i think online few years ago, i think something about downloading apache or php or both and some other things...please help
Thank you in advance.
Re: How To Host And Test Scripts From My Computer by Chrisvicmall: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
Have you try using Xampp or Wampp. I guess that is what you are looking for. Any of the two will help you to test your scripts before uploading them to the internet.
Re: How To Host And Test Scripts From My Computer by Afam4eva(m): 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
Download a web server like Wamp or Xamp and install it on your localhost. Downloading Apache and Php is a long process and you may get confused. Wamo and Xamp already contains all the components that you need to run your website on your server.
Re: How To Host And Test Scripts From My Computer by DeeAe: 4:23am On Nov 19, 2012
tanxx.. xamp is what i was trying to remember cheesy
Re: How To Host And Test Scripts From My Computer by akintun: 11:55am On Nov 19, 2012
Use wamp if u are using windows. I'm pretty sure u would still encounter some difficulty in using it becos d default server in window is iss.

(1) (Reply)

Xmas Promo And New Year Gift For Webmasters / Backlinks For All African Websites - Submit Your Websites Free, Get More Visits / Get A Free .com Domain For Your Web Site!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.