Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg (4122 Views)

How To Root My SIII Mini Myself / Galaxy SIII Anyone? / Iphone 5 Screen Better Than Galaxy SIII Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
I can Barely Understand hw 2 use dis smartphone...
How to do d gprs settings ...
And all dat ....
Help help help
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
You don't have to do any settings, just install your sim and off you go.
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
You don't have to do any settings, just install your sim and off you go. Make sure u have a data subscription though and your mobile network turned on in settings.
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
k2wise: You don't have to do any settings, just install your sim and off you go. Make sure u have a data subscription though and your mobile network turned on in settings.
thankz ... Do u use a samsng galaxy SIII too?
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
i even dnt knw how to minimize and how to change d screen to landscape ... Help .. Ejo .. Biko ...
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by xtraodinaire: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
Goodboy2012: i even dnt knw how to minimize and how to change d screen to landscape ... Help .. Ejo .. Biko ...

The phone has an accelerometer which turns the phone to landscape mode when it's flipped.. to confirm you have the option selected, go to settings, select display, and check the "Auto-rotate screen" checkbox.

And yes, I use the sgs3
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by mjay(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
soo easy to use naaa. Just scroll from up down and ull see the menus you need. Just you tube it for demo. Upgrade to Jelly bean and you'll be singing whaooo.
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
xtraodinaire:

The phone has an accelerometer which turns the phone to landscape mode when it's flipped.. to confirm you have the option selected, go to settings, select display, and check the "Auto-rotate screen" checkbox.

And yes, I use the sgs3

tnx bro
good
dey say d fone hs mani features whch am yt 2 exploit ...
Bro drop ya 2go id so dt u cn b of help 2 me ...tnx
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
mjay: soo easy to use naaa. Just scroll from up down and ull see the menus you need. Just you tube it for demo. Upgrade to Jelly bean and you'll be singing whaooo.

jelly bn ? i dnt get
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 20, 2012
abeg ooo .. Fast fast
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by walcolm(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2012
@OP, why dont you start by reading the manual

1 Like

Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 20, 2012
walcolm: @OP, why dont you start by reading the manual
It's a second hand phone ...
D person i bought it 4rm 2 hs got no manual ...
He also bought it elsewhr (not new)
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by xtraodinaire: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2012
phones don't come with hardcopy manuals these days, the guide is in the phone just go to the help.. but really I think you are just nervous, remember it's a phone not a space shuttle so slow and steady you'll definitely get a hand of it..

list the things you will like to do with the phone then we can put you through and hopefully you'll pick up other stuff on your own..

1 Like

Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2012
xtraodinaire: phones don't come with hardcopy manuals these days, the guide is in the phone just go to the help.. but really I think you are just nervous, remember it's a phone not a space shuttle so slow and steady you'll definitely get a hand of it..

list the things you will like to do with the phone then we can put you through and hopefully you'll pick up other stuff on your own..

tnx ..
Wen i tried 2 browse on d fone, it didnt connect and i had mb on ma phone den...
precisely i dnt knw hw to go back to d minimised page or app .. Tnx
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by xtraodinaire: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2012
Goodboy2012:

tnx ..
Wen i tried 2 browse on d fone, it didnt connect and i had mb on ma phone den...
precisely i dnt knw hw to go back to d minimised page or app .. Tnx

go to settings, select more settings check if the mobile network box is checked. if it's not check the box, if it is leave it, then select access point names to see the list of your apn then u can choose the appropriate one. once everything is intact, u should be able to browse.

to see the other apps running, press and hold the home key and it will display all the running apps.. you can scroll up or down and select which ever you want to open or swipe left or right to end an app running.
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
xtraodinaire:

go to settings, select more settings check if the mobile network box is checked. if it's not check the box, if it is leave it, then select access point names to see the list of your apn then u can choose the appropriate one. once everything is intact, u should be able to browse.

to see the other apps running, press and hold the home key and it will display all the running apps.. you can scroll up or down and select which ever you want to open or swipe left or right to end an app running.

tnx alot bro..
Av gotten d intanet part...
Bt whch 1 is d home key
Bro again, wt do u browse it? And do u subscrib monthly or hw do u do urz cus dey deduct much mb here...
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Dextra(f): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
I want to know. Does Samsung s3 have china? as in fake. I just got one and it;s network locked.
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by xtraodinaire: 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Goodboy2012:

tnx alot bro..
Av gotten d intanet part...
Bt whch 1 is d home key
Bro again, wt do u browse it? And do u subscrib monthly or hw do u do urz cus dey deduct much mb here...

The home key is the only button at the bottom of the phone.

The phone gulps a lot of data.. u can do the airtel bis with 1gb data for 1200 if there's 3g in your area.. I do the mtn 1.5gb for 3500.
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by xtraodinaire: 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
Dextra: I want to know. Does Samsung s3 have china? as in fake. I just got one and it;s network locked.

It might not be China but just locked on another network..
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 21, 2012
xtraodinaire:

The home key is the only button at the bottom of the phone.

The phone gulps a lot of data.. u can do the airtel bis with 1gb data for 1200 if there's 3g in your area.. I do the mtn 1.5gb for 3500.
kudos 2 u man...
Dnt say ma questnz r 2 much bro,,,tnnx
wen i pressd nd held d home key,it didnt tak me to ma minimized page....
Again, d camera is nt clear ...
Pls wt code will i use 2 activat d airtel 1gb montly plan...
Agaain, whch site can i download my Apps and games from...
Again... Wen i bought d phone, it only had 3.46mb internal memory,wat happend ? Or d remainin memory is hidden somwhr?

Pls kindly answer these questions...
God bless U as u help a bro
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by walcolm(m): 6:25am On Nov 21, 2012
Dextra: I want to know. Does Samsung s3 have china? as in fake. I just got one and it;s network locked.

YES, there's a Chinese device that looks exactly like the S3 from a distance but it doesn't have Samsung written on it
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by walcolm(m): 6:34am On Nov 21, 2012
See your answers in bold
Goodboy2012:
kudos 2 u man...
Dnt say ma questnz r 2 much bro,,,tnnx
wen i pressd nd held d home key,it didnt tak me to ma minimized page....DONT PRESS AND HOLD THE HOME KEY, JUST PRESS IT ONCE, that will take you to the apps home page, PRESS IT ONCE AGAIN and that will take you to the minimized apps home page

Again, d camera is nt clear ...Just look for the camera app and point and shoot. you dont need to do anything most times. the auto mode works just fine

Pls wt code will i use 2 activat d airtel 1gb montly plan...*440*4#

Agaain, whch site can i download my Apps and games from...GOOGLE PLAYSTORE AND SAMSUNG APPSTORE are both on the phone. you need a GMAIL account for the playstore and any email of your liking for the Samsung store (you can use the same email for the two) both will give you access to more than 800,000 android apps
Again... Wen i bought d phone, it only had 3.46mb internal memory,wat happend ? Or d remainin memory is hidden somwhr? you need to get an external memory and you also need to delete previous pictures and videos sitting on the phone PS: are you sure you did not buy a stolen phone?

Pls kindly answer these questions...
God bless U as u help a bro
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 21, 2012
tnx bro walcolm...
Tnx 4 ur ansas... God bless
I didnt buy a stolen phone... D persn i bot it 4rm bot it 4rm anoda person..
I diddnt get d camera part bro??
And pls abt d apps nd games... Jus tell me d website.. And d screen resolution..
God bless
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by mjay(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2012
Anyone upgrade to Jellybean yet? U shld try it cos its soo sweet. Rooting plus custom rom will give you the necessary upgrade.
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 21, 2012
mjay: Anyone upgrade to Jellybean yet? U shld try it cos its soo sweet. Rooting plus custom rom will give you the necessary upgrade.

watz jellybean ? Can it work on samsng galaxy s3? Enlighten me more abeg...
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2012
pls...@walcolm nd xtraodinari..
Tnx 4 ya help here..
Drop ur 2go id pls cos i need ya help asap... Tnx
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by mjay(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2012
Goodboy2012:

watz jellybean ? Can it work on samsng galaxy s3? Enlighten me more abeg...

Its the latest operating system for Android, faster and smoother. You need to root your phone first to be able to load it cos its not yet available as an update. What version of S3 are you using? international or USA/Canada?
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 21, 2012
china ..
1930 sha..
Drop ur 2go id and b of help pls
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2012
cos i reali need sum1 to chat with to help me...
Jus subscribed 4 d airtel 1gb plan now... And my browsin isint goin ... I'm usin d facetlak nd i minimizd it .. D problem is hw to go back to ma page.. After i tried all wt my guyz shared here...

Abeg, drop ya 2go id.. Mak we run chat now
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 21, 2012
abeg oo.. 2go id sharp sharp
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Dextra(f): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2012
walcolm:

YES, there's a Chinese device that looks exactly like the S3 from a distance but it doesn't have Samsung written on it
Mine's got Samsung written behind and I got it for 90k, how Can I unlock it? It's from USA
Re: HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2012
pls.. Help with airtel settings .. I jus subscribed 4 d 1gb plan... Help if u use airtel to browse wit sam,gal s3

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Ur Download Link For Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 200 And All Nokia Phones... / SOLO S350 Full Specs And Price / How To Browse With The Mtn New Data plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.