Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,512 members, 7,854,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:11 PM

Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) (4331 Views)

.nes Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by texazzpete(m): 8:36am On Feb 08, 2008
Not too many people know of the thriving iPhone application community. The iPhone's 667Mhz processor, 128MB RAM and PowerVR MBX 3D GPU lends itself handily in the running of several console (and computer) emulators.
Few of them below.

Other thriving emulators on the iPhone include a NES emulator and a SCUMVMM emu (for lucas arts games)

To download 'em, simply add http://zodttd.com/repo/ to you installer to get them.

Playstation
Emulator: psx4all
Status: Version 0.10. Decent compatibility, varies with game

Re: Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by texazzpete(m): 8:38am On Feb 08, 2008
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
Emulator: snes4iphone

Re: Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by texazzpete(m): 8:40am On Feb 08, 2008
Game Boy Advance
Emulator: gpsphone

Re: Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by texazzpete(m): 8:48am On Feb 08, 2008
Due to the iPhone having little hardware buttons, controls are via onscreen icons. This may make it a bit difficult for fast-paced games (though some people have reportedly completed games like resident Evil 3 on the iphone), but it's perfectly suited for strategy and RPG games like final fantasy, advance wars etc. CHeck out the DKC 3 screenshot for an example of an onscreen, transparent controller.

Luckily, a hack is being developed to enable interface between standard controllers and the iphone, so external controllers can be used in he near future.

What makes this progress remarkable is Apple hasn't released their SDk yet, so this work is strictly done by people with little familiarity with the hardware. With the SDK release, it is thought that N64 emulation will be a reality.

Expect NeoGEo, MAME and other arcade emus to hit the phone soon.
Re: Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2011
Mr. Texas Hello, I know you might be suprised to see this thread after all these years.

Please I want to know if its possible to get emulators for blackberry storm. Actually any good game will do especially racing games. Anything though. Thanks
Re: Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by texazzpete(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2011
blink182:

Mr. Texas Hello, I know you might be suprised to see this thread after all these years.

Please I want to know if its possible to get emulators for blackberry storm. Actually any good game will do especially racing games. Anything though. Thanks

Surprised? Damn right grin

I'm sorry but there are no emulators for the BB Storm. It's an ancient, underpowered phone.
Re: Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 06, 2011
Just my luck then
Re: Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 24, 2013
does this still work sir?
Re: Iphone - The New Emulation Powerhouse (psx/snes/gba/nes/scumvmm) by dasdexter(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
are u serious, dis is cool didn't iphone's hardware can drink dis juice, hope to see it come to android, if it hasn't already been developed

(1) (Reply)

Help Remove Blackberry Download Limit / The Full Meaning Of MTN? / Infinix Hot S3X Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.