Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 (3222 Views)

What You Learnt In Church Today ? / What I Learnt In Church Today / Over 200 Pastors Became Atheists In 2012 In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
1. Treat people with respect for though they may be harsh or treat you with contempt , you really do not know what they are going through themselves.

"Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king." - 1 Peter 2:17

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." - Hebrews 12:14

2. Do not criticize and put others down.

"Welcome those who are weak in faith, but not for the purpose of quarreling over opinions. Some believe in eating anything, while the weak eat only vegetables. Those who eat must not despise those who abstain, and those who abstain must not pass judgment on those who eat; for God has welcomed them. Who are you to pass judgment on servants of another?" - Romans 14:1-4a

3. We are all brothers and sisters, therefore do not ridicule others who do not have the same level of education or exposure as you have

"Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up." - 1 Corinthians 8:1

4. Forgive quickly , do not harbour a grudge or bitter thought towards anyone just because they rejected your opinion or ideas

"Jesus answered, "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." - Matthew 18:22 - 23

5. Be patient even with those who not deserve it, God is working a great work and many here who ridicule the name of Christ will be the first and many here who mention the name of Christ might be last.

"Love is patient" - 1 Corinthians 13:4

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." - Matthew 19:30

6. LOVE every human being whether Muslim, Christian, atheist, pagan etc , we are all made in the image of GOD. Love all .

"that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." - Matthew 5:45

7. Make your point without abuse and insults

"And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness." - James 3:9-10

"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing." - 1 Peter 3:9

8. Do not support evil and discriminate between races . God loves all , Jew and Arab alike , he does not respect you because of race, rather he respects you because of faith in him.

"For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regards not persons..." - Deuteronomy 10:17

"For there is no respect of persons with God." - Romans 2:11

Peace !!!

7 Likes

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by PastorKun(m): 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2012
You also learnt about the fallacy of the trinity dogma. grin
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
Pastor Kun: You also learnt about the fallacy of the trinity dogma. grin

oh yeah, I forget that one grin
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Todaynatoday: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
I gave my life to Christ on september 18, 2012 (this year), and I can't believe the change that I've experienced, it's like I have been transformed totally by the Holy Spirit. I think differently, I talk differently and I behave differently. I used to be shy before but now it's like I'm superman (even greater), there is this boldness that I have that was never there before. People around me are surprised at the way i behave now (even my mum) & everyday just keeps getting better and better as I move closer to my Maker. My view of the world has changed and I now strive to be like Jesus Christ in all areas of my life. I thank God for choosing me to be His servant. Surely there is no better life than the one spent serving the TRUE GOD.

8 Likes

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
frosbel:

oh yeah, I forget that one grin

May the good Lord deliver us from the spirit of forgetfulness.

"Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when you shall say, I have no pleasure in them" (Ecclesiastes 12:1).

Let's hope that this admonition is not too late coming.

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Caseless: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
Todaynatoday: I gave my life to Christ on september 8, 2012 (this year), and I can't believe the change that I've experienced, it's like I have been transformed totally by the Holy Spirit. I think differently, I talk differently and I behave differently. I used to be shy before but now it's like I'm superman (even greater), there is this boldness that I have that was never there before. People around me are surprised at the way i behave now (even my mum) & everyday just keeps getting better and better as I move closer to my Maker. My view of the world has changed and I now strive to be like Jesus Christ in all areas of my life. I thank God for choosing me to be His servant. Surely there is no better life than the one spent serving the TRUE GOD.
u be atheist b4?
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

May the good Lord deliver us from the spirit of forgetfulness.

"Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when you shall say, I have no pleasure in them" (Ecclesiastes 12:1).

Let's hope that this admonition is not too late coming.

I do not need the deeperlife cult or their followers to tell me if I am a Christian or not.

I follow Christ not Kumuyi . wink

For me this has been a great change of attitude, one to be proud of in 2012.

3 Likes

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25am On Nov 24, 2012
frosbel:

I do not need the deeperlife cult or their followers to tell me if I am a Christian or not.

I follow Christ not Kumuyi . wink

For me this has been a great change of attitude, one to be proud of in 2012.

Are you saying that you used to follow man but not Christ? So which "Christ" are you now following since the one you are following is not God that true Christians follow?

"And Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God" (John 20:28).
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that you used to follow man but not Christ? So which "Christ" are you now following since the one you are following is not God that true Christians follow?

"And Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God" (John 20:28).

I follow the real version of Jesus not the brainwashed version of the cult deeperlife ! wink wink
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Todaynatoday: 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2012
caseless: u be atheist b4?
Not really, just your everyday sinner that didn't want to acknowledge God at all. Didn't like reading the bible or praying. Wanted to live a sinful life till old age b4 submitting to God but God had other plans for me.
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Caseless: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2012
Todaynatoday: Not really, just your everyday sinner that didn't want to acknowledge God at all. Didn't like reading the bible or praying. Wanted to live a sinful life till old age b4 submitting to God but God had other plans for me.
congratulations!
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by tobechi74: 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2012
learning without aplying wat u learn is worse than one who havent learnt. He is a bigger fool

1 Like

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
frosbel:

I follow the real version of Jesus not the brainwashed version of the cult deeperlife ! wink wink

You said you follow the real version of Jesus, do you worship him or is it different from the One Thomas called "My Lord and my God"?
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Goshen360(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2012
Next is to start laughing in tongues.... grin grin grin

Nice thread Frosbel.
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2012
Goshen360: Next is to start laughing in tongues.... grin grin grin

Nice thread Frosbel.

Have you been to Rodney Brown's church lately? cheesy
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Goshen360(m): 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Have you been to Rodney Brown's church lately? cheesy

No ooo, Na Rod Parsley Chrurch I go last week Sunday. I went to receive my prayer cloth and lay down my tithe at the Apostle's feet... grin grin grin
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You said you follow the real version of Jesus, do you worship him or is it different from the One Thomas called "My Lord and my God"?

It certainly isn't the one that is part of a hydra-headed Trinity.
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
Goshen360:

No ooo, Na Rod Parsley Chrurch I go last week Sunday. I went to receive my prayer cloth and lay down my tithe at the Apostle's feet... grin grin grin

Where do you intend going tomorrow? T.D. Jake's Potter's house?
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Goshen360(m): 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2012
^^^
T.D Jakes Ke? shocked......Na Rod Parsley I still wan go, them say make I come receive mantle tomorrow and double portion anointing and I should come with a seed so I can seal whatever I receive tomorrow. When I asked Pastor Rod Parsley what kind of seed he's talking about....mango seed, mustard seed or BANANA seed ......If you see the kind eye wey he take look me, I just pick race comot ......... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^

T.D Jakes Ke? shocked......Na Rod Parsley I still wan go, them say make I come receive mantle tomorrow and double portion anointing and I should come with a seed so I can seal whatever I receive tomorrow. When I asked Pastor Rod Parsley what kind of seed he's talking about....mango seed, mustard seed or BANANA seed ......If you see the kind eye wey he take look me, I just pick race comot ......... grin grin grin

And you still want to go back there to receive mantle and double portion? Tell me what you learned from him.
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Goshen360(m): 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
^^^
Can't you read I said, "I picked race after asking him whether na mango seed I go come with"..... grin grin grin
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2012

Can't you read I said, "I picked race after asking him whether na mango seed I go come with"..... grin grin grin

You insisted that that's where you still want to go. Do you have a church where you go regularly, where you don't have to get driven out?
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Goshen360(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
You suppose figure out I was only cracking jokes...... with all these mantle and anointing selling preachers... grin
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You insisted that that's where you still want to go. Do you have a church where you go regularly, where you don't have to get driven out?

Church

Christians are the church, why do they need to go to the church when they are the church which literally means ' the called out ones '.

It's almost like saying have the 'called out ones ' gone to be part of ' the called out ones' .

Let us use words such as fellowship, meetings , assemblies etc.

where 2 or 3 are gathered , Jesus is there, if 4 believers meet on a weekly basis to pray and worship, that's acceptable in God's sight.

It does not have to be a mega cult with hundreds of members meeting to pay money to their idol called 'church' and bow before their MOG.

1 Like

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Goshen360(m): 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2012
Frosbel, why you dey pour sand-sand for these people garri naw Abeg no spoil business o. grin
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2012
Goshen360: Frosbel, why you dey pour sand-sand for these people garri naw Abeg no spoil business o. grin

Just speaking the truth brother.

In the ancient church, believers met in homes and broke bread, market squares etc. They called this assembly not church because they were and are the church.

Today the word church has been bastardised, we have over 50,000 different churches with all sorts of strange names. whereas the truth is that God has only ONE church.

Indeed, in the ancient times, believers in a district or city will meet together and pray, worship God and share. However they met under the name of one church , for example the London branch of God's church , or the New York branch of God's church.

They never met under over 1000 different names in just one city which really is a divisive way of separating God's children and preventing unity.

1 Like

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
Goshen360:

You suppose figure out I was only cracking jokes...... with all these mantle and anointing selling preachers... grin

I could crack your jokes but seriously speaking, do you have a local church you regularly attend or are you just a rolling stone? wink
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Goshen360(m): 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2012
^^^
My brother, I do have where I fellowship with other believers. cool

2 Likes

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2012

My brother, I do have where I fellowship with other believers. cool

Is it a local church or a fraternity?
Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by PastorKun(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Is it a local church or a fraternity?

This boy is completely lost Despite all the explanation above by frosbel/goshen you are still asking this type of daft questions.

2 Likes

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
I learnt that God is good all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 by benedictjohn(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
I LEARNT DAT ALUU IS D WORST COMMUNITY 2 STAY

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS !!! Signs Of Endtime Appeared In The Sky NASA Confirmed It / Your Soul Belongs To God / Scriptural Abuse By Christians? Touch Not My Anointed And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.