Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,073 members, 7,845,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience (12869 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Sunday Oliseh Appointed Into Fifa's Technical Department / Google 2012 Olympics Hurdles (computer Game) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience by ghettodreamz(m): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2012
Interesting.. I wish him all the very best as he incepted the managerial office.
Re: 21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience by Simple6: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2012
mmmustapha: Me I have been playing pro evolution soccer n winning 11 4 d past 6 years winning CL,PL,CP wit manchester united. Super eagle n man utd come n sign me am very talented utility player who can play midfield,winger,keeper,striker n also coach
lol...I guess u'll b a good ballboy 2.
Simple!
Re: 21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience by Frostyzone(m): 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
kaysy:
You better calm down and learn and don't be rude, how can u say there is nothing wrong with describing someone as dead while he still breaths... Would u prefer to be described as such?
Like I said before, I don't have the necessary expertise to tackle your ridiculous question, but I will try my best to explain it to my understanding.
How can you write about a person using present tense at what was already part of history. Using the phrase "age 21" entails that the process is still going on, hence it wouldn't be a story just yet.
Likewise the phrase "aged 21" connotes that whatever transpired is now part of history as in past tense. Whether it signifies that the person in the story is alive or dead doesn't come into play.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
Frostyzone:
Like I said before, I don't have the necessary expertise to tackle your ridiculous question, but I will try my best to explain it to my understanding.
How can you write about a person using present participle tense at what was already part of history. Using the phrase "age 21" entails that the process is still going on, hence it wouldn't be a story just yet.
Likewise the phrase "aged 21" connotes that whatever transpired is now part of history as in past tense. Whether it signifies that the person in the story is alive or dead doesn't come into play.
Well said bro.
Re: 21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience by Frostyzone(m): 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
Dan_de_Numeruno:
Well said bro.
Thanks.
Re: 21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience by Chuksgeo: 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
Please oh, where can I download football manager for my bb, thanks.
Re: 21 Year Old Appointed Club Manager Based On Computer Game (FM) Experience by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2012
Jeze: Well, i wish the young star all the best. But,i need to point to him that having a reasonable experience in the FM is a different thing, when confronted with the reality of managing a football-club real-time. Managing players, fans expectation, trainings,transfers, the dressing room e.t.c
I have been playing FM since 2001,but can't say because i a master in the simulation game, but i can not manage Enyimba football of Aba or a division ten club in England. Its a gamble for me.

He was already an adviser in the club. It is his tactical inputs and his knowledge of the game that got him promoted. The heads of the club have looked at his work and believe he is the right man for the job. They didn't just pick up anybody from the street.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chess In Yoruba Language (Ayoo Seesi Ni Ede Y'ooba) By Jawolusi Oluwaseun / La Liga Will Restart On June 11 - Spain's Sports Council Confirms / Welcome Back Home, Max!: Allegri Becomes Juventus Coach until 2025

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.