Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

My Artworks. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Artworks. (1543 Views)

A Nairalander Shares His 3d Artworks / Introducing San Maaz!!! Creative Artistic Nairalander! See Artworks Here.... / Amazing "Pencil Vs Camera" Artworks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Artworks. by sitasie(f): 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hi people, I felt the urge to post my final year bachelor's project before the exhibition.
critique is the direct path to the success of an artist. please do the necessary corrections positively. I appreciate each and every commend, positive or negative bring them.

Re: My Artworks. by masterpiecer(m): 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2012
Very nice works, whats ur medium?
Re: My Artworks. by sitasie(f): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
masterpiecer: Very nice works, whats ur medium?
thanks alot,
for portraiture I use oils on canvas ( turpentine for thinning,linseed oil as thickener and the Winsor and Newton paints)

for wildlife I just use acrylics on canvas.
Re: My Artworks. by masterpiecer(m): 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
sitasie :

thanks alot,
for portraiture I use oils on canvas ( turpentine for thinning,linseed oil as thickener and the Winsor and Newton paints)

for wildlife I just use acrylics on canvas.

Very nice finishing on the portrait, but i would rather a more textured-like background and softer edges other than a cut out one, i'm sure u know wat i mean.
ur blend is nice too
Re: My Artworks. by sitasie(f): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
masterpiecer:

Very nice finishing on the portrait, but i would rather a more textured-like background and softer edges other than a cut out one, i'm sure u know wat i mean.
ur blend is nice too
I never thot of a textured background for portrait, am sure the contrast will be superb,point taken.
can etching work or I just do with the brush?
Re: My Artworks. by kannymoore(m): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
I really commend your dexterity with the handlng of your oils and acrylic media... They really are top notch and i'm pleasantly surprised that you are a female artist for that matter.
Chop knuckle!
I must really commend your wildlife series mainly due to the fact that you worked with acrylics. I've used acrylics for some years now and i must confess that i havent been able to conquer it totally due to its obscenely fast drying time. Once again.. U rock.

Now for the knocks...
I appreciate the fact that you're a "super-realist" but i think that the overemphasis on detail on every part of each work is robbing the paintings of its vitality. Hence, id suggest that your composition have an area of focus and allow the other parts be blended softly into the background so as to create the illusion of the focal part, emerging from the background.
Hope you catch my drift?

Meanwhile.., more powers to your elbows and by the way, what institution do u attend?
Re: My Artworks. by masterpiecer(m): 6:52am On Nov 24, 2012
sitasie :

I never thot of a textured background for portrait, am sure the contrast will be superb,point taken.
can etching work or I just do with the brush?

i guess @Kannymoore convey my point better, with a little bit of 'drama' on the background, it would help to rid off the photo-realism effect except if u a photo-realist.
great work still.

@Kannymoore, i see u an artist too, well i'm more of a self-taught artist, i didn't study art but been developing my skill over the years by myself, i like working with graphite and charcoal and sometimes oil. It will be fun if we can all share some ideas here together

1 Like

Re: My Artworks. by sitasie(f): 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
kannymoore: I really commend your dexterity with the handlng of your oils and acrylic media... They really are top notch and i'm pleasantly surprised that you are a female artist for that matter.
Chop knuckle!
I must really commend your wildlife series mainly due to the fact that you worked with acrylics. I've used acrylics for some years now and i must confess that i havent been able to conquer it totally due to its obscenely fast drying time. Once again.. U rock.

Now for the knocks...
I appreciate the fact that you're a "super-realist" but i think that the overemphasis on detail on every part of each work is robbing the paintings of its vitality. Hence, id suggest that your composition have an area of focus and allow the other parts be blended softly into the background so as to create the illusion of the focal part, emerging from the background.
Hope you catch my drift?

Meanwhile.., more powers to your elbows and by the way, what institution do u attend?

thanks alot for th compliments,
you have actually pointed out my weakness,indeed am a perfectionist, but I will try the David shepherd style of working more on the focal point as u suggested, thanks.

am studying at Kenyatta University in kenya.
Re: My Artworks. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
Hey guys, i just came across this thread. I make works,hoping there's a way we could share ideas and experience.
Re: My Artworks. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hi sitasie and kannymoore
Re: My Artworks. by kannymoore(m): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
centje: Hi sitasie and kannymoore

hello bro... Long time no see.:>...no mind me jare. I've been quite busy alongside being something of a hermit these past few months.
I do pop by every now and then and im proud of yur efforts alongside Felis, masterpiecer and others in that other painting thread of yours.
Una dey rock sha.

Lemme go back to my drawing... Will hit up on u guys on yur thread soon.

@sitasie.. How's the artistic spirit??
Re: My Artworks. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
kannymoore:

hello bro... Long time no see.:>...no mind me jare. I've been quite busy alongside being something of a hermit these past few months.
I do pop by every now and then and im proud of yur efforts alongside Felis, masterpiecer and others in that other painting thread of yours.
Una dey rock sha.

Lemme go back to my drawing... Will hit up on u guys on yur thread soon.

@sitasie.. How's the artistic spirit??
oukay dear,...will be waiting to hear from you. All the best in your work!
Re: My Artworks. by CrazyMan(m): 3:53am On Mar 06, 2013
Nice paintings...I really do love artwork.
Re: My Artworks. by soaring4life: 11:10am On Mar 06, 2013
wow! reaaaallly nice.excellent work.

(1) (Reply)

Game Development In Naija By Nigerians / Photo: See What This Guy Designed With Watermelon / What's Wrong With This Artwork?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.