Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? (1093 Views)

Seun - Can We Have A Science Board? / Seun Can We Have Cbox On Nairaland Please / Seun, Can You Please Change My User Name . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hello seun,
Please can you help save valuable navigation time.
the way i browse here (i believe same applies to others) is
1. load homepage for updates
2. visit my area of interest, webmaster/programming section for updates
3. click my username, then click "View Your posts (2596)" and when on that page, i right click and open each in new tab, then i close each open tab after being addressed.

why not put the link "View Your posts (2596)", next to the username above
so we have

Welcome, webdezzi(m) View Your posts (2596): Edit Profile / Followed Topics(5728) / Liked(1) / Following(762) / Trending / Recent / New / Logout
i believe no one uses Trending, recent and new, since trending is on homepage already.

The main reason we visit our previous posts is to see those who quotes us so we can respond to their posts.
it will save time if we have "quoted" or "mention" inplace of Trending, Recent and New
Thanks
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by Afam4eva(m): 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
I've always thought that the "trending" page does not make sense. I wonder the code that was used on that page because the topics are see there are neither here nor there. It's just a conglomeration topics that don't share anything in common. One will assume that the trending topics are the topics that are busy at that moment. But some times you see threads that was last replied 24 hours ago with a few posts as a trending topic.

I still think the new and recent pages are needed because we want to be kept abreast of the latest threads and individual posts.

I will also want the "like" posts to become public like the way it was before. We can still have a button where we can see our individual liked posts but it will also make sense to allow everyone on the forum to see the latest likes.

If you wanna check for those that have quoted you, just search use the bottom search form as opposed to the google search form.
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by k2039: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2012
webdezzi:

The main reason we visit our previous posts is to see those who quotes us so we can respond to their posts.
it will save time if we have "quoted" or "mention"
That's why you have the local search button.
All you need do,is type you username in the local search below,and once you click search it will show you your mentions from the earliest to the latest.

Try it and get back to me,so I will know if you understood what I said
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
k2039:
That's why you have the local search button.
All you need do,is type you username in the local search below,and once you click search it will show you your mentions from the earliest to the latest.

Try it and get back to me,so I will know if you understood what I said

Wow!

that local search is priceless, why hid it at the bottom, and i wonder how you know it's there.
Thanks

maybe he could default the value to our usernames and move it next to the google site search above, that search textfield long abeg
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
webdezzi: Hello seun,
3. click my username, then click "View Your posts (2596)" and when on that page, i right click and open each in new tab, then i close each open tab after being addressed.

so we have

i believe no one uses Trending, recent and new, since trending is on homepage already.

it will save time if we have "quoted" or "mention" inplace of Trending, Recent and New
Thanks
That's a great suggestion...I hope Seun would consider that.
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by k2039: 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
webdezzi:
Wow!
that local search is priceless, why hid it at the bottom, and i wonder how you know it's there.
Thanks
You welcome.
I was just playing around with my user name,I tried the google search and the local search and I was suprised with what I found.Since then I have been screaming it in the ears of my friends ofline and I was suprised known of them never found it out before I told them.

I think you are right about
maybe he could default the value to our usernames and move it next to the google site search above
because frankly most people dont know and their is no tutorial to navigate through airaland for the newbies.

Trust me,I'm sure he will see this thread,since he will probably be using the local search and you already did mention his name.
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by Caseless: 6:10am On Nov 24, 2012
k2039:
You welcome.
I was just playing around with my user name,I tried the google search and the local search and I was suprised with what I found.Since then I have been screaming it in the ears of my friends ofline and I was suprised known of them never found it out before I told them.

i thought that local txt place is used to search local stuffs in nigeria. I never knew it serve a different purpose....
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by k2039: 6:44am On Nov 24, 2012
caseless: i thought that local txt place is used to search local stuffs in nigeria. I never knew it serve a different purpose....
lol
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by xcitedjay(m): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
webdezzi: Hello seun,

so we have

Thanks
Trending isn't the same thing as what's on the front page
Re: Seun, Can You Please Add This Feature? by Mynd44: 1:25am On Nov 25, 2012
Sometimes threads run into pages and you lose count or sight of where a post is. Is it possible to be able to see where our quoted post is from? Like if someone quotes me, I should be able to click on that quote and it takes me to where I made the post.

(1) (Reply)

The Offa, Erinle Communal Clash In Kwara State / Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (SEE PHOTOS) / Fast And Furious Actor Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.