Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:24 AM

Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged (7010 Views)

Naeto C's Wife, Nicole Stunning In New Photos / Realaimeeo That Peter Okoye Was Accused Of Cheating With, Reacts To Allegation / Photo: Banky W Without His Signature Hat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by wepingtk: 11:10pm On Nov 24, 2012

Hip-Hop maestro, Naeto C, has reacted to news reports making the rounds bothering on allegations of fraud levelled against him by one Muhammad Nura, of Fine Boy Swag (FBS) Entertainment. If you missed it, read here http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/naeto-c-accused-of-fraud.html

In a statement made available by his publicist, Naeto C set ‘to clear the air and set the records straight’ even as he claimed his signature was forged.

The statement reads in part:

With reference to the news making the rounds on entertainment blog portals and social media platforms about our client Naeto C defrauding a show promoter of certain amount of money, we would like to clear the air and set the records straight.

Naeto C actually made the trip to Abuja to fulfill his end of the agreement subject to receiving full payment for the said event which was supposed to be a day before or on the date of the engagement.

When it became apparent on the day of the show that the promoters were not forthcoming with paying up the balance, our client declined to grace the show with his presence especially as he had held up his end of the bargain regardless of the show being 3 days to his wedding.

Most significantly, the signature on the agreement document is not that of our client and this act of forgery is not only distasteful, but criminal.

The sum deposited is a fraction of the total amount which was agreed upon and stated in the agreement document as payment for his services.

Naeto C as a brand is of the premium stock. His life is well documented in the public’s eye from his family background to his upbringing, educational background, and his career as a musical artiste.

Every established show promoter knows it costs considerably more than the figure in question to book Naeto C for a performance.

That said, we will explore all options made available to us within legal bounds of the constitution of Nigeria, including suing for fraudulent practices (forgery of signature) and defamation of character if we deem it fit, if these false claims and accusations are not retracted and a letter of apology issued.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/naeto-c-reacts-to-fraud-allegation-claims-his-signature-was-forged.html

via: http://weping.tk
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 25, 2012
Wat an insult![color=#770077][/color] angry
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by semid4lyfe(m): 4:24am On Nov 25, 2012
Original thread of Fraud accusation

NAETO C ACCUSED OF FRAUDULENT OBTAINMENT OF MONEY
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Degis(m): 4:45am On Nov 25, 2012
Your Signature was forged, you showed up for the Show a day before, you collected the upfront payment, you appeared for the show with the intention of collecting the balance and you are asking for apology.

Is this boy and his image makers sick?. Why did you collect the money if your signature was forged?

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by doctokwus: 5:03am On Nov 25, 2012
Lame.While not concluding yet,am evn now more inclined to bliv d company dat made d accusation.U were paid about N400,000 advance,which dey clearly stated,expecting after performance u wud b paid d balance of watever was agreed,yet u hear claim u cudnt perform bc d balance wasn't paid b4,after making it down to d city,haba!Just shows some artist are way still amateurish in d way dey conduct their showbiz

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Friedrich080(m): 5:31am On Nov 25, 2012
Frud runz n evry 9ija citizn...Na Rice u com buy How beans dey nside ur bag?...
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by GeJ79: 5:32am On Nov 25, 2012
AND HE SAID HIS SIGNATURE WAS FORGED YET HE WAS THE ONE WHO COLLECTED THE FIRST PAYMENT 400K.

FRAUD EVERYWHERE ..........................THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT FRAUD.
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by GeJ79: 5:36am On Nov 25, 2012
DAVIDO GAVE OUT 500K ON HIS BDAY N YOU ARE THERE DEFRAUDING COMMON 400K.

NAIJA LAWLESS LAND
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 25, 2012
GeJ79: AND HE SAID HIS SIGNATURE WAS FORGED YET HE WAS THE ONE WHO COLLECTED THE FIRST PAYMENT 400K.

FRAUD EVERYWHERE ..........................THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT FRAUD.

Lol..na real entertainment fraud
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Ignatio(m): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2012
Why not return the money earlier if he knew they won't pay him the balance?
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Chanchit: 6:57am On Nov 25, 2012
This press statement is not complete, he should state if there is any place in the contract which says if the guys do not pay up the balance before the show, he would not perform, orelse, he should just return the money and stfu.
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by guonno: 7:03am On Nov 25, 2012
i have noticed that a section is seriously working hard to eliminate some other persons from the entertainment by frame ups. WHEN IT IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE NO BODY, NOT EVEN YOURSELF CAN STOP YOU! PERIOD!

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Valiantvaliant(m): 7:08am On Nov 25, 2012
WTF IS 400K TO NAETO C?

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Itoroetti(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2012
Naeto C is an artiste i love,but i cant support rubbish.there was a time this same scenario happen btw him and some organisers after been part paid,he was able to use his mother influence to escape.how long will this sustain him?why are artiste like 2face,d'banj,M.i ,etc,not knowned for this?
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by victorD3: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2012
There is nothing an Igbo man would do without bringing a lil fraud in it

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by 299: 8:43am On Nov 25, 2012
victorD3: There is nothing an Igbo man would do without bringing a lil fraud in it
I was actually expecting an 'akpa amu' like you to say that

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by iamswizz(m): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2012
Itoroetti :
Naeto C is an artiste i love,but i cant support rubbish.there was a time this same scenario happen btw him and some organisers after been part paid,he was able to use his mother influence to escape.how long will this sustain him?why are artiste like 2face,d'banj,M.i ,etc,not knowned for this?
chai! *Not knowned* grin

3 Likes

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by iamswizz(m): 8:51am On Nov 25, 2012
victorD3: There is nothing an Igbo man would do without bringing a lil fraud in it
hahahahaha... But u know sey na yeroba carry first 4 fraud,follow by igbo grin
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by strangest(m): 8:55am On Nov 25, 2012
O boy! are you still in the Nigerian refugee camp? dont you think its time to go back home...
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by crisycent: 9:18am On Nov 25, 2012
This rat called naeto c came to benin for a show and before he performed he was asking the promoter for his balance....the promoter told him that the "usual thing" was balance after performance but naeto c refused and he was beaten by some angry crowd and he started crying and made a call to his mother and within 30minutes, army don show cum remove the guy.....he told the promoter that his phones and wallet containing cash was missing.....he's a complete fraud.
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by ifysoft: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2012
I think before condeming the dude we all should put ourselve in his position . We all know how our Naija is..People do come up with different stories after they have received full service from you. I think Naeto would have had issues with some bad promoters and organisers in the past which would make him want his complete balance before stepping on stage to perform.
To me,i feel since the guy was already at the venue to perform they should have paid his balance to aviod matters that touch at the end of his performance or if they could not afford Naeto C should have settled for a cheaper artist.. as we have so many cheap ones in Naija and Ghana too....
As for returning the 400k,It is surely not possible because he would have used the cash for flight,outfit,practise session,arranging backup singer s ,arranging DJ mix setup for the event also.. So its not easy to refund at all as i think the organisers breached the contract by not following his prefered and agreed mode of payment.

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 25, 2012
I think this organisation should note the difference btw breach of contract and fraud. The guy can actually sue them for defamation, if he can prove he was at the venue and that the parties simply did not agree on terms of payment. What they should be bothering with is the terms of the contract. Did it specify the time of payment of the balance, if not not then the contract is ambiguous at best, and they do not have a case! With the name Fine Boy Entertainment, and the issue sum being a paltry sum of N400,000, I do not see how they could have paid a good lawyer to have a water tight contract. If they actually do have a contract that states that the guy will be paid the balance after performance, then they should be suing him for a lot more than N400k in damages. Bottom line, the contract is either ambitious or false, that's why they are resorting to social media justice, and trying to twist it as a case of fraud instead of breach of contract. They should be careful they could be sued for even larger amount for defamation, better cut your losses and try somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Ilaje44(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2012
He could be charged for Tax evasion as well. I doubt he has paid the neccessary percentual VAT on the received N400k installment to the Tax Authority? Government should take note!
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by kingofhiphop101(m): 11:08am On Nov 25, 2012
Degis: Your Signature was forged, you showed up for the Show a day before, you collected the upfront payment, you appeared for the show with the intention of collecting the balance and you are asking for apology.

Is this boy and his image makers sick?. Why did you collect the money if your signature was forged?
degis thanks . for a while now i,v been on the case of a few Nigerian artist including naeto. and ppl hav accused me of baseless criticism. now look at this scam.
u just said xactly wht i wanted to say. so now all i need to say is thanx.
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by hunkydory(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2012
KenGali: I think this organisation should note the difference btw breach of contract and fraud. The guy can actually sue them for defamation, if he can prove he was at the venue and that the parties simply did not agree on terms of payment. What they should be bothering with is the terms of the contract. Did it specify the time of payment of the balance, if not not then the contract is ambiguous at best, and they do not have a case! With the name Fine Boy Entertainment, and the issue sum being a paltry sum of N400,000, I do not see how they could have paid a good lawyer to have a water tight contract. If they actually do have a contract that states that the guy will be paid the balance after performance, then they should be suing him for a lot more than N400k in damages. Bottom line, the contract is either ambitious or false, that's why they are resorting to social media justice, and trying to twist it as a case of fraud instead of breach of contract. They should be careful they could be sued for even larger amount for defamation, better cut your losses and try somewhere else.
You spoke well.Your analysis of the case shows that you are educated.By the way,are you a lawyer?

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by gbokukueba(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2012
Naeto C as a brand is of the premium stock. His life is well documented in the public’s eye from his family background to his upbringing, educational background, and his career as a musical artiste. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by kingofhiphop101(m): 11:19am On Nov 25, 2012
PEOPLE SIGHTING NAETO.S WEALTHY BAKGROUNDS AS THE REASON WHY HE KANT BE FRAUULENT DONT KNOW RICH PEOPLE.
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by kingofhiphop101(m): 11:26am On Nov 25, 2012
PEOPLE SIGHTING NAETO.S WEALTHY BAKGROUNDS AS THE REASON WHY HE KANT BE FRAUDULENT DONT KNOW RICH PEOPLE.
THEY USE THE ALREADY AQUIRED WEALTH AS AN IMMACULATE GLOVE TO KOVER UP THEIR KRIMINALY DIRTY HANDS.
IN NAIRALAND (AND FOR MOST OTHER "LANDS")THIS IS THE RULE..THE RICHER THE FELLOW..THE HIGHER THE GREED AND THE GREATER THE TENDENSY TO KOMMIT KRIME.
NIGERIANS MUST STOP THIS AUTOMATIK RESPEKT FOR PEOPLE FROM "WEALTHY" HOMES.
MOST OF THEM ARE XTREMELY DIRTY PEOPLE (IF U LEARN TO SMELL BEYOND THE XPENSIVE PERFUME)

2 Likes

Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2012
Acceptance can be express or implied, besides there is already part-performance of d contract. We know who deserves an apology...nt u, Naeto.
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by speeder(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
GeJ79: DAVIDO GAVE OUT 500K ON HIS BDAY N YOU ARE THERE DEFRAUDING COMMON 400K.

NAIJA LAWLESS LAND
didn't you hear it was payment in advance, fool.
Davido is a rich guy, everybody ain't same. Get over it
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
The Organizers should have paid him when he arrived. He was ready to go on stage and if he wanted his balance before he goes on stage, they should have paid him.

It would have been a different case if they paid him his balance and he didn't go on stage.
Re: Naeto C Reacts To Fraud Allegation, Claims His Signature Was Forged by gabinogem(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
U guys are just funny.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miley Cyrus Disses Nicki Minaj With Fake Butt / Iyabo Ojo’s Daughter Announce Marriage, Mercy Aigbe’s Daughter Reacts (photo) / Pictures Of Nicki Minaj Naked Boobs Goes Viral On Twitter ( Nudes Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.