Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Most Viewed Youtube Video In History - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Most Viewed Youtube Video In History (1863 Views)

Nollywood And The World: How Nollywood Is Viewed Outside Nigeria / How To Download Youtube Video With English Subtiled. / BBC World Vs CNN Which Is Most Viewed In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Viewed Youtube Video In History by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 25, 2012
Gangnam Style, the dance track by South Korean pop phenomenon Psy, has become YouTube's most-watched video of all time.

It has notched up more than 808m views since it was posted in July.

The video pokes fun at the consumerism of Gangnam, an affluent suburb of the South Korean capital Seoul.

In it, the portly Psy dances as though he is trotting on a horse, holding the reins and spinning a lasso in a manner that has sparked a global dance craze.

The video also features the 34-year-old singer reclining on a sun lounger in tight pink shorts, gazing longingly at a girl dancing on an underground train in tight shorts and gesticulating at a woman working out on a beach - in tight shorts.

The dance has sparked numerous copycat versions, being performed by a diverse fan-base including Filipino prison inmates, prominent Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and a Chinese robot.

Popular parodies include one performed by Eton College schoolboys and another in the Star Trek language Klingon.

Gangnam Style, which won best video at this year's MTV Europe Music Awards, has also been number one in 28 countries.

It holds the Guinness World Record for the most "liked" song ever - currently with a little under 5.4m likes on YouTube.

Previously, Justin Bieber's 2010 teenybopper hit Baby held the record for the most YouTube views.

Bieber's manager Scooter Braun was the first person in the US to tweet a link to the Gangnam Style video

Re: Most Viewed Youtube Video In History by RedLight1: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2012
these south koreans are taking over the world like storm... they produce jumong and couple of best selling korean movies.... though i don't like the gnagam song but the video is pretty hilarious .... they already chased the Chinese out and i don't know if people still watch india movies.... but these koreans are really putting much into their entertainment industry which is marketing the small country to the world ..

congrat to gagnam .. i thot no one can beat the likes of justin bieber on fb b4 but he did it
Re: Most Viewed Youtube Video In History by emilyone(f): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
the song and video to me is crap!
Re: Most Viewed Youtube Video In History by sophy09: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
I don't see the point of the music and dance. By next year, people will be like, did i really dance to that?!
Re: Most Viewed Youtube Video In History by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 27, 2012
You know how many asians we have on earth?

Now you'll know how that video got so many views.
Re: Most Viewed Youtube Video In History by RedLight1: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2012
HQ: You know how many asians we have on earth?

Now you'll know how that video got so many views.
is true sha, over 4billion people, more than half the population of the world.. No be beans

(1) (Reply)

Why Too Many Sex (18+) Films These Days? / 15 Ladies Bare Their Breasts In Singer Tekno's Music Video (images) / ONYE OZI (the Messenger) Global Premiere Friday 18th October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.