Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,717 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet (3730 Views)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / nairaland[Why Can't A Christian Not Leave Muslims Alone &Vice Versa / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by wildchild1: 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
#justasking abi no be the same God work he dey do with other pastors wey dey buy ni? Abi Pope no get money?
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
Do pope travel to different countries for evangelism, open crusades, outreach, church visitations (improptu & urgent church services in other branches) ??

Most people come here to shout "Private Jet" without addressing the importance of a transport medium..

You expect your pastor to queue every blessed day for church programmes?
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by baby124: 6:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
The pope does not own a private jet. The vatican does. The vatican is a country on its own. Any of the priests. And bishops can use the planes. Pope earns salary, and gets free housing like every other priest. The church is not owned or started by any family. Neither is any of its assets. Can any pastor that wants to fly the jet fly it? What about church members?
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidosis™:
Do pope travel to different countries for evangelism, open crusades, outreach, church visitations (improptu & urgent church services in other branches) ??

Most people come here to shout "Private Jet" without addressing the importance of a transport medium..

You are asking if the pope does travel for evangelism or church visits ? It is either you are brazenly provocative or astonishly uneducated.

How many churches and members does Adeboye,oyedepo and oritsejafor have outside nigeria? The three churches combined has far less than 1million members in disaora compared to the pope who has more than 1.1billion members outside italy.

@baby_123

Neither the pope nor the vatican do own a private jet.The popes flies the national carrier of italy alitalia in his travels
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by baby124: 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
I always assumed the vatican which is more or less a country will have planes. I just looked really well and saw that they don't even have an airport. Only a heli pad which takes them to the Italian airport where they use the planes there. So the pope does not even use private jet or vatican planes. Wow. Nigerian pastors the king Herod's of our day.hehehehe.
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
chukwudi44:

You must be a very big fool. You are asking if the pope does travel for evangelism or church visits ? It is either you are brazenly provocative or astonishly uneducated.

How many churches and members does Adeboye,oyedepo and oritsejafor have outside nigeria? The three churches combined has far less than 1million members in disaora compared to the pope who has more than 1.1billion members.

lol Initially I wanted to give you a descent and honest reply until I read your signature.. I'm sorry, I can't waste my time with you...
Lets I forget, better go and confess your sins (for calling me a foo!) to God your reverend father
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by mutiply: 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidosis™:

lol Initially I wanted to give you a descent and honest reply until I read your signature.. I'm sorry, I can't waste my time with you...
Lets I forget, better go and confess your sins (for calling me a foo!) to God your reverend father
STFU cause you dont have anyfin to say,i guess we have millions of people like u dats the country keeps going back,ignorance is killin u slowly,better wake up.
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidosis™:

So in all honesty you really think this pastors really has more engagements than the pope? You don't know if the pope evangelises?so until he aquires a private jet before you know he evangelises?

How many members does adeboye,oritsejafor and oyedepo have outside nigeria to warrant frequent travelling abroad?
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
chukwudi44:

So in all honesty you really think this pastors really has more engagements than the pope? You don't know if the pope evangelises?so until he aquires a private jet before you know he evangelises?

How many members does adeboye,oritsejafor and oyedepo have outside nigeria to warrant frequent travelling abroad?

The same Oritsejafor you criticise is the number one Christian representative in Nigeria (Catholic inclusive).
Point of correction, many of these pastors you see get invites from different demominations, nations and even governments of nations.
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
mutiply: STFU cause you dont have anyfin to say,i guess we have millions of people like u dats the country keeps going back,ignorance is killin u slowly,better wake up.
Have you ever imagined a world without Pastors, Children of God and Churches
We are the reason people like you still exist here in Nigeria
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidosis™:

The same Oritsejafor you criticise is the number one Christian representative in Nigeria (Catholic inclusive).
Point of correction, many of these pastors you see get invites from different demominations, nations and even governments of nations.

Oritsejafor is not the first CAN president.we have had okogie,mbang,onayekan e.t.c didn't they perform their duties even without private jets?

So you think adeboye n co get more invites than the pope!!! Dat is quite a ridiculous thing to say.

The fact remains that the use of private jets by pastors can never be justified in d midst of so much poverty which pervades nigeria.

We saw the flood disaster how much did CAN donate to help the victims? Here we are talking about a whopping $40m on a private jet

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Ubenedictus(m): 12:04am On Nov 26, 2012
acidosis™:

yeah the pope travels very much.
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by Ubenedictus(m): 12:06am On Nov 26, 2012
chukwudi44:

You must be a very big fool. You are asking if the pope does travel for evangelism or church visits ? It is either you are brazenly provocative or astonishly uneducated.

How many churches and members does Adeboye,oyedepo and oritsejafor have outside nigeria? The three churches combined has far less than 1million members in disaora compared to the pope who has more than 1.1billion members outside italy.

@baby_123

Neither the pope nor the vatican do own a private jet.The popes flies the national carrier of italy alitalia in his travels
chukwudi d above bolded is inappropriate, modify ur post and remove it.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by alexleo(m): 7:22am On Nov 26, 2012
wild child: #justasking abi no be the same God work he dey do with other pastors wey dey buy ni? Abi Pope no get money?

Because catholic church is not run like a family business as we see in most penticostal churches in Nigeria. Some of this pastors are greedy and they buy the jets solely for show off rather than for evangelism as some of you will want us to believe. Again this is vanity.
Re: Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet by alexleo(m): 7:24am On Nov 26, 2012
acidosis™:

Vanity.

(1) (Reply)

Any Spiritual Consequence Of A Mad Man Wearing Your Used Cloths? / Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One / http://frnjoku.org : Rev. Fr. Stephen Njoku Messages Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.