Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

A Night In A Hotel - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Night In A Hotel (2888 Views)

10 Types Of Guest You Will Meet In A Hotel / A Witch Woman Falls From Heaven In A Night Vigil On Friday!(picture) / How Much Would You Pay To Spend A NIGHT In A ROOM Like THIS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Night In A Hotel by onyeego(m): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
Please someone should explain this to me.

I checked into a hotel in Abuja by 1:30am Sunday morning,then by 11:30am Sunday morning i received a call via the intercom, the receptionist on duty was asking me if i will like to retain the room or i will be checking out.

I told her that my account was still active cos i only checked in by 1am but she said i must check out by 12 noon.

She told me that if i had checked in by lets say 5am, that's only when my account will remain active till the next day. I was shocked,but i had to check out of the hotel cos i didn't want to start an argument.

The more i think about it the more i become confused, please can someone explain to me what ONE NIGHT means.

Note: The hotel can be rated as 3 or 4 STAR HOTEL.

1 Like

Re: A Night In A Hotel by RudySmith(m): 1:54am On Nov 27, 2012
Normally One night at a hotel starts at 2pm and checkout is between 10am and midday the next day. No matter the time u check in, u have 2 checkout the following 10am/midday. This is a business and not charity, and people who r looking 4 hotel rooms at 1am know that very well.

1 Like

Re: A Night In A Hotel by onyeego(m): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2012
RudySmith: Normally One night at a hotel starts at 2pm and checkout is between 10am and midday the next day. No matter the time u check in, u have 2 checkout the following 10am/midday. This is a business and not charity, and people who r looking 4 hotel rooms at 1am know that very well.
Noted.
Re: A Night In A Hotel by otilowaju(f): 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
Yes, irrespective of check-in time into an hotel, check-out time is usually 12NOON and you'll pay for extra hours if you exceed that undecided.

1 Like

Re: A Night In A Hotel by onyeego(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
otilowaju: Yes, irrespective of check-in time into an hotel, check-out time is usually 12NOON and you'll pay for extra hours if you exceed that undecided.
Thanks
Re: A Night In A Hotel by tpia1: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
shouldnt it have been written down somewhere in the hotel brochure, or are you saying they didnt have one.

there was no notice to that effect anywhere in the hotel?

some of you sound like you're casing nigeria.

why do you expect to get this info from random strangers on nl?
Re: A Night In A Hotel by AlphaTaikun: 12:49am On Jun 11, 2022
RudySmith:
Normally One night at a hotel starts at 2pm and checkout is between 10am and midday the next day. No matter the time u check in, u have 2 checkout the following 10am/midday. This is a business and not charity, and people who r looking 4 hotel rooms at 1am know that very well.
True that.
Re: A Night In A Hotel by Mall: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
How is The Virginian Lodge impressive and why is it recommended to contact their customer service to make a reservation?
Re: A Night In A Hotel by Polasq: 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
Mall:
How is The Virginian Lodge impressive and why is it recommended to contact their customer service to make a reservation?
Hey there! Set against a majestic mountain range backdrop, The Virginian Lodge is a paradise that seamlessly blends Old West charm with modern comfort. Rich in history and surrounded by natural beauty, this iconic lodge is a testament to the enduring charm of the American West. For those who want to have a good time, it is worth contacting the virginian lodge customer service and booking a room with them, and they will certainly provide quality holiday services.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The "Strongest Man" In Akwa Ibom Who Is 77 Years Old. See What He Did / Africans, Black-caribbeans And African-americans. What Divides/unites Us? / Woman Born Without Hands Shows How She Takes A Shower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.