Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate (1089 Views)

Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS / Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate / How To Get TIN (Tax Identification Number) From FIRS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by israel007: 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
Please can someone help me out here. I just incorporated a limited liability company and about going to open an account and I see a TIN number (tax identification number) on the bank form so I thought I'd ask. Is TIN included in the package alongside your certificate? If no, how do I get it and how long would it take. If yes, how do I find it
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by Johndoe100(m): 12:27am On Nov 27, 2012
What you need is the EIN the employers tax identification number. You simply apply for it after you have incorporated you company. Just google it and you will find scores of people willing to help you get it for a fee of course.Without it you cannot open a bank account and a whole load of other stuff.
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by Turbocharged: 3:03am On Nov 27, 2012
israel007: Please can someone help me out here. I just incorporated a limited liability company and about going to open an account and I see a TIN number (tax identification number) on the bank form so I thought I'd ask. Is TIN included in the package alongside your certificate? If no, how do I get it and how long would it take. If yes, how do I find it
Just go to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) in your locality or state capital and apply. It is free.
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by israel007: 8:42am On Nov 27, 2012
Thanks all
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by hectoro(f): 10:50am On Nov 27, 2012
Hello,

Just like Turbocharged said, its free from all FIRS offices. Go to the one nearest your registered address and take a page of your letter headed paper to write an application at their office. Also take along with you the copies of your incorporation documents- Certificate of Incorporation,Memo & Articles. Usually its issued withn a day if the system is working and there is no charge.

If anyone asks you for money, you can call their HQ to report. Just check their website for the contact details.

Good luck and please share your experience when you get it.
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by arbitrage: 11:18am On Nov 27, 2012
israel007: Please can someone help me out here. I just incorporated a limited liability company and about going to open an account and I see a TIN number (tax identification number) on the bank form so I thought I'd ask. Is TIN included in the package alongside your certificate? If no, how do I get it and how long would it take. If yes, how do I find it

I would not know if you are talking of USA, UK or Nigerian kind of incorporation. The TIN is the same as the EIN in case of the US. If you have social security number (SSN) as a resident of the US, you can apply online for EIN after incorporation of your company via their website at http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/How-to-Apply-for-an-EIN and you will get your EIN immediately. You can also call to get it. But if you do not have someone with SSN to apply for you but through a company as agent, you will need to pay an agent company to apply and obtain it.

I applied for my EIN as a non-resident by faxing my application from London to the IRS international handling center in Philadelphia . The IRS posted my EIN number letter to my PO Box in Ikoyi Lagos since I did not include a fax number to receive on the form.

In case of UK company incorporation, the HM Revenue and Customs immediately sent my Taxpayer number after Companies House informed them of my company registration within hours/days. So I would not know which of the countries you are particular about. There are some company registration agents that will include tax number and even bank account opening in your package anyway, depending on how much they charge you.
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by israel007: 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
arbitrage:

I would not know if you are talking of USA, UK or Nigerian kind of incorporation. The TIN is the same as the EIN in case of the US. If you have social security number (SSN) as a resident of the US, you can apply online for EIN after incorporation of your company via their website at http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/How-to-Apply-for-an-EIN and you will get your EIN immediately. You can also call to get it. But if you do not have someone with SSN to apply for you but through a company as agent, you will need to pay an agent company to apply and obtain it.

I applied for my EIN as a non-resident by faxing my application from London to the IRS international handling center in Philadelphia . The IRS posted my EIN number letter to my PO Box in Ikoyi Lagos since I did not include a fax number to receive on the form.

In case of UK company incorporation, the HM Revenue and Customs immediately sent my Taxpayer number after Companies House informed them of my company registration within hours/days. So I would not know which of the countries you are particular about. There are some company registration agents that will include tax number and even bank account opening in your package anyway, depending on how much they charge you.

It's Ngeria. Looking to register in the states too though.

Of course I'll post my experience on here.

U guys are just great. Thanks all
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by TRIPLEGATE: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
hi
how long did it take you to register a company, some body has been handling mine for ages since july till date, no certificate has come out, does it really take all that time
just wondering
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by israel007: 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
TRIPLEGATE: hi
how long did it take you to register a company, some body has been handling mine for ages since july till date, no certificate has come out, does it really take all that time
just wondering

It took me one week to get my certificate. One week and it was done in Abuja and I didn't even have to go. This is te third company he's done for me and two of my brother in laws.
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by israel007: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2012
Please I need to get address of FIRS on the island.

I stay in lekki if there is an office close by, please do let me know soon as anyone can.
Need it urgently.
Re: Is TIN Included In Your Package When You Incorprate by disc20: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2013
Read the step-by-step tutorial on How to Get Taxpayer’s Identification Number, TIN, in Nigeria here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/Taxpayers-Identification-Number.html

(1) (Reply)

Ninth Edition Black Law Dictionary For Sale / Fellow Nairalander Secret Reveal I Won #700,000 Frommerrybet / Thread Owners: How Do You Make Money From Your Nairaland Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.