Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How Long Does It Take To Go Through The Baggage Claim Of MMIA? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Does It Take To Go Through The Baggage Claim Of MMIA? (966 Views)

My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / 10 Things Nigerian Customs Must Not Find In Your Baggage / Qatar Airways Crashlands At MMIA IN Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Go Through The Baggage Claim Of MMIA? by Quads: 11:38am On Nov 28, 2012
Can someone out there help me out? I'm trying to book a domestic flight to PH same day that my flight comes in but I'm kinda skeptical as the last flight for the day is by 5:30pm while my flight lands by 3pm. Hence my question. Would it be too close to call if I go ahead and book the 5:30 flight?

Has anyone gone through the arrival and baggage claim of MMIA in recent times (app 2 weeks) and how long did you spend?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Go Through The Baggage Claim Of MMIA? by funkybaby(f): 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
Quads: Can someone out there help me out? I'm trying to book a domestic flight to PH same day that my flight comes in but I'm kinda skeptical as the last flight for the day is by 5:30pm while my flight lands by 3pm [. Hence my question. Would it be too close to call if I go ahead and book the 5:30 flight?

Has anyone gone through the arrival and baggage claim of MMIA in recent times (app 2 weeks) and how long did you spend?

your main worry should be the flight taking off on schedule and landing at 3pm.

getting your baggage should not take more than one hour. . . max . . . depending on where you are flying from. another trick is to have your bag labelled by the airline with a 'fragile' sticker. sometimes such bags are loaded on the conveyor belt before others. that way, you won't have to wait forever for your bags.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Go Through The Baggage Claim Of MMIA? by Quads: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
funkybaby:

your main worry should be the flight taking off on schedule and landing at 3pm.

getting your baggage should not take more than one hour. . . max . . . depending on where you are flying from. another trick is to have your bag labelled by the airline with a 'fragile' sticker. sometimes such bags are loaded on the conveyor belt before others. that way, you won't have to wait forever for your bags.

I'm coming in from the states and i've flown Delta twice and on both occasion we took off on time. Thanks though for the "fragile" sticker heads up will definitely use it.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Go Through The Baggage Claim Of MMIA? by funkybaby(f): 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
^^ cool.

have you made arrangements for your means of transportation from MMIA to the domestic terminal?

those private car hires at MMIA do charge exhorbitant fares for the less than 15mins trip and valuable time could be lost haggling with them.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Smallest Countries In The World / Ladder Used In Climbing Into A Plane In Nigeria / Magdeburg Water Bridge - Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.