Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Which Is More Important Quality Or Price ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is More Important Quality Or Price ? (648 Views)

QUALITY OR QUANTITY - THE CONTENT OF YOUR BLOG MATTERS / Starting An eCommerce Business In Nigeria? Bring Quality Or Backoff! / On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Important Quality Or Price ? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
[b]This subject is becoming an issue when it comes to web development projects at the moment.

We now have web designers offering their services for prices as low at 10k which i wouldn't blame them for.

It is only due the the harsh economic realities of our time.

However, a Webmaster who knows his onions wouldn't charge that low, because he would want to pay more

attention to the quality of service he is offering.

Due to the ugly trend, i have decided to stop bidding for Jobs prospective clients come to post here.

I now focus my attention on foreign projects from freelance websites. These are well paid jobs that

offer as much as $15 dollar per hour, depending on the amount of time/complexity of the Job.

So my question now goes to Nigerian webmasters and clients alike, which one would you pay more attention to?

High quality Jobs with reasonable charges or the other way round i.e low quality jobs with unreasonable charges.

Mod's should please take this to the front page for maximum participation.

Your contributions are welcome.
[/b]
Re: Which Is More Important Quality Or Price ? by moty4all: 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2012
High quality Jobs with reasonable charges
Re: Which Is More Important Quality Or Price ? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
moty4all: High quality Jobs with reasonable charges

But i also noticed a lot of webmasters bid for Jobs they cannot and attract prospective clients with unreasonably low prices only to deliver websites that are shoddy and unsatisfactory.
Re: Which Is More Important Quality Or Price ? by yawatide(f): 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
Charging low for a job doesn't always mean poor quality. I, for instance, will charge depending on how much I can get out of you. If it is lower than I am expecting, what I will tell the person is that any extra features they needed will be reduced, but not quality. Why? That site isn't only for that person but for other potential clients to see. In other words, when I direct potential clients to a list of sites I've done, I have no control over which site they choose to investigate...same applies to people looking to do a website based on the one they have visited. So to me, quality is always the same, regardless of price.

As for bidding, I stopped pursuing jobs both here and on the "freelancer" type sites. The latter is the most annoying where everyone seems to be bidding down and offering to code the next facebook for $200. For the former, my perception is that people think this place is filled with "small boys" in the game and so one should be lucky to have the "honor" to do a site for them.

In conclusion, for me, quality and long term business relationship are more important to me than price. As they say, it takes years to build a steady customer but seconds to lose them.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important Quality Or Price ? by barapistis(m): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
well said @yewatid..quality job will help you more..bring in more client than you can imagine..it seems to be the backbone of service businesses..i cannot count the number of jobs i have lost due to poor service but i ve always seen the results of quality jobs.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important Quality Or Price ? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
bara pistis: well said @yewatid..quality job will help you more..bring in more client than you can imagine..it seems to be the backbone of service businesses..i cannot count the number of jobs i have lost due to poor service but i ve always seen the results of quality jobs.
But is that enough reason to make sacrifices in terms of reward for your effort?

(1) (Reply)

My Site Is Not Coming Up On Opera Mini, Site Unavailable / Syskay Is Missing! / How Can I Know a Site Or Domain Disable By Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.