Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Bus Conductor Runs Mad After Abusing Passenger In Lagos(pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bus Conductor Runs Mad After Abusing Passenger In Lagos(pics) (1751 Views)

Bus Conductor Strips Unclad To Avoid His Vehicle From Being Seized In Lagos(pics / Bus Conductor Stabs Passenger To Death Over Transport Fare (pictured) / See The Way A Naval Officer Punished A Bus Conductor For Fighting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bus Conductor Runs Mad After Abusing Passenger In Lagos(pics) by Royalty1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
Walking towards Ojuelegba-UnderBridge this morning, I saw people forming crowd around this boy. I cleared my way through the crowd to see the boy- a danfo conductor, scratching his body and rolling on the ground, groaning. In the mutterings of the crowd, I could pick that the boy has been cursed with juju by a passenger- an old man who he insulted after dropping him off at the wrong bus-stop. Quickly, I remembered that palm-oil should relieve him (My grandma once told me palm oil would neutralize any juju). So I ran to the nearby canteen and begged the women who were also standing with arms akimbo- watching and clapping their hands sympathetically. I returned with a plate of palm-oil and one of the Area Boys collected it and with others, he was forced to drink it. I clenched my fists to subdue my shivering, as my mind prayed for his recovery. I have never seen this kind of thing in my life except for Nollywood films.

Suddenly, the boy gasped and coughed out the oil. As if the oil was a madness multiplier, he started throwing himself up and landing on the ground forcefully. The Area Boys grabbed him and he jumped out of their hands, fell, and then continued scratching and rolling. People were shouting, hands clasped across theirs heads as they wonder who would have cast such spell on the boy. We all kept watching, befuddled and one man screamed from the crowd "ero ito alaboyun si lenu jor (let him drink the urine of a pregnant woman jor)" I have never heard of such before, but some older women among the crowd nodded in agreement that the urine of a pregnant woman would neutralize the spell on him. Unfortunately, none was around. We stood there, Area Boys/conductors started sermonizing: "eko nla lele yi je fun gbogbo wa o hmmm. Ta ma bu passenger ta mo iru eyan to je (This must be a great lesson for all of us o hmm. It's time we checked the way we throw insults at passengers who we don't know who or what they are."

Soon, I spotted a pregnant lady- in her NYSC uniform- dragging herself behind her big tommy and was moving in our direction. Quickly, I walked out of the crowd to meet her half way. "Copa shuun. That boy there is dying and the elders said we need the urine of a pregnant woman to revive him. Please there is a public toilet there where...."
I didn't finish my explanation when she turned back and picked a race. She ran faster than Usen Bolt.

People trooped in and out of the crowd and nothing was done to help this boy. One conductor and I got talking and he told me that he was there when the man said "enu to fi bu Orisa noni wa fi wa be pada (It is the same mouth that you've used to insult the deity that you'll use to beg him)."
"Where is the man now?" I asked.
Nobody knows where to find him, I was told.

Time went on, and a man came around us with a bible and started praying. The conductors were shouting amen, some mockingly. I was trying to connect with the prayers, too, from within me. Suddenly the boy's madness tends to bow to the prayers as he became calm and then calmer. I sighed, rubbing my palms in gratitude to God Almighty. The Area Boys were shouting "Hallellu o." The boy then sat up and the man who had prayed bent at his face and was trying to talk to him. He shook his head and stood up and said that the boy's responsible for his calamity. Then he left. I was about taking my leave too when suddenly the boy returned to the madness. This time it was more than what I could stay to watch again.

Source:
http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151127441691604&id=634706603&set=a.454378831603.248767.634706603&relevant_count=1&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5815879388450266064%3Amf_story_key.-1604809173441837200

Re: Bus Conductor Runs Mad After Abusing Passenger In Lagos(pics) by Ilekokonit: 10:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
Doesn't the area have local Govt Councillors / Chairman whose job it would have been to organise admission in a Psychiatric Hospital for what was most likely a case of Chemical imbalance in the Brain (a.k.a Manic Depression or Bipolar Affective Disorder) possibly brought on by the use of Drugs and/or lack of enough sleep over some time by someone who has a genetic pre-disposition to depression.

There is nothing called Madness. Its known medically as depression and is more common that you think WORLDWIDE where at least 2% of ANY population suffer depression at any one point but in Nigeria we term a common illness as madness due to our superstitious beliefs, ignorance and being ashamed of associating with the weak
Re: Bus Conductor Runs Mad After Abusing Passenger In Lagos(pics) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ilekokonit: Doesn't the area have local Govt Councillors / Chairman whose job it would have been to organise admission in a Psychiatric Hospital for what was most likely a case of Chemical imbalance in the Brain (a.k.a Manic Depression or Bipolar Affective Disorder) possibly brought on by the use of Drugs and/or lack of enough sleep over some time by someone who has a genetic pre-disposition to depression.

There is nothing called Madness. Its known medically as depression and is more common that you think WORLDWIDE where at least 2% of ANY population suffer depression at any one point but in Nigeria we term a common illness as madness due to our superstitious beliefs, ignorance and being ashamed of associating with the weak
Thanks for the enlightenment.grin
Re: Bus Conductor Runs Mad After Abusing Passenger In Lagos(pics) by Revolva(m): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
coolOl boy una dey sure say na one old man curse am or na from family arrow...cos anybody fit go dey accuse one innocent papa

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Two Women Caught Shoplifting In Supermarket!! SHAMEFUL! (VIDEO) / Father From Hell Impregnates 13-year-old Daughter / Uniosun Student Brags About Raping A Girl On Facebook. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.