Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) (1413 Views)

The Journey Of Soul / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / Chris Oyakhilome’s Theory Of Alcoholism And Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 29, 2012
[size=14pt]Scientists unveil quantum theory of soul's existence[/size]

Thursday, November 01, 2012

London: A near-death experience occurs when quantum substances which form the soul leave the nervous system and enter the universe at large, according to a ground-breaking theory proposed by two eminent scientists.

According to this idea, consciousness is a programme for a quantum computer in the brain which can persist in the universe even after death, explaining the perceptions of those who have near-death experiences.

Dr Stuart Hameroff, Professor Emeritus at the Departments of Anesthesiology and Psychology and the Director of the Centre of Consciousness Studies at the University of Arizona, has advanced the quasi-religious theory, the Daily Mail reported.

It is based on a quantum theory of consciousness he and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose have developed which holds that the essence of our soul is contained inside structures called microtubules within brain cells.

They have argued that our experience of consciousness is the result of quantum gravity effects in these microtubules, a theory which they dubbed orchestrated objective reduction (Orch-OR).

Thus it is held that our souls are more than the interaction of neurons in the brain. They are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe - and may have existed since the beginning of time.

The concept is similar to the Buddhist and Hindu belief that consciousness is an integral part of the universe - and indeed that it is really all there may be, a position similar to Western philosophical idealism, the paper said.

With these beliefs, Hameroff holds that in a near-death experience the microtubules lose their quantum state, but the information within them is not destroyed. Instead it merely leaves the body and returns to the cosmos.

"Let's say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing, the microtubules lose their quantum state. The quantum information within the microtubules is not destroyed, it can't be destroyed, it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large," Hameroff told the Science Channel's Through the Wormhole documentary.

"If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the microtubules and the patient says 'I had a near death experience'," Hameroff said.

"If they're not revived, and the patient dies, it's possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul," Hameroff added

http://zeenews.india.com/news/space/...ce_808671.html

1 Like

Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 29, 2012
I'm loving this.
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 29, 2012
This is interesting! Subscribing....
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Sweetnecta: 2:46am On Nov 29, 2012
this destroys the proposition of frosbel and his cohorts that soul remains with the lifeless body and that spirit is different from soul and it is spirit that keeps the body alive.

the fact is that spirit is what soul is, essentially the unseen part of the living man. and for a man to die, the soul has to leave the body, as unseen [spirit].

the man is made of body [physical] and soul [spirit].

there is no body, spirit and soul. but body and soul [spirit]. science has come to what islam has stated in the Quran.
no one knows the full nature of soul. only God knows it.
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 2:48am On Nov 29, 2012
Sweetnecta: this destroys the proposal of frosbel and his cohorts that soul remains with the lifeless body and that spirit is what keeps the body alive and it is different from soul.

the fact is that spirit is what soul is, the essentially unseen part of the man when he is alive. and for a man to die, the soul has to leave the body, as unseen [spirit].

the man is made of body [physical] and soul [spirit].

there is no body, spirit and soul. but body and soul [spirit].

Oh lawdy lawdyyy, please stop that on jor.

You people are so confusing lol in a bid to defend the contradictions in the Bible/ Quran.
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Sweetnecta: 2:53am On Nov 29, 2012
i bet you dont have coherent opinion. and explanation is more refined. Bible is not Quran.
Bible has versions and editions and revisions.

Quran is 1 in original language.
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 29, 2012
See these b****d christians and muslims here. angry

When I post articles on evolution and science, you hypocrites either avoid it or make some trolling comments then leave.

However, when science seems to agree with your religion, you rush to the thread and claim "interesting" or "subscribing".

Yes, I use the word "b****ds" to describe you guys just to know how disgusted I feel by your hypocrisy and disingenuity. After, you will claim you have morals.

(this post doesnt include the sensible christians and muslims, just the hypocrites here)
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 4:00am On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03: See these b****d christians and muslims here. angry

When I post articles on evolution and science, you hypocrites either avoid it or make some trolling comments then leave.

However, when science seems to agree with your religion, you rush to the thread and claim "interesting" or "subscribing".

Yes, I use the word "b****ds" to describe you guys just to know how disgusted I feel by your hypocrisy and disingenuity. After, you will claim you have morals.

(this post doesnt include the sensible christians and muslims, just the hypocrites here)

Jor calm down jor. Atheist/Agnostics act in the same hypocritical manner.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Jor calm down jor. Atheist/Agnostics act in the same hypocritical manner.

angry angry angry angry angry

Okay, I have calmed down now

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by wiegraf: 4:36am On Nov 29, 2012
Penrose is a well known, respected physicist. Sometimes a collaborator of hawkins. His work on consciousness and also gravity have virtually no support though, and they have been around for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Penrose

On a random note I have 'a road to reality', one of the few popular science books I abandoned due to complexity smiley. But it introduced me to a lot of cool things
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

angry angry angry angry angry

Okay, I have calmed down now

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Inner peace...
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 29, 2012
@Logicboy, you don't get it, do ya? Until evolutionists provide measurable evidences to back up their theories/claims, there is actually no debate @ all. I don't see any reason why we should debate you over a scientific assumption that has no measurable evidences!

Until the evidences are 'observable and measurable', evolutionists haven't proved anything!

1 Like

Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by tobechi74: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03: See these b****d christians and muslims here. angry

lol, so who are d hypocrite and who are not? What group do i belong? Is hypocricy only atrrbutd only to religous.? Are they ateist hypocrite? Are u a hypocrite?

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2012
seriallink: @Logicboy, you don't get it, do ya? Until evolutionists provide measurable evidences to back up their theories/claims, there is actually no debate @ all. I don't see any reason why we should debate you over a scientific assumption that has no measurable evidences!

Until the evidences are 'observable and measurable', evolutionists haven't proved anything!

In your re.tarded world, your dna is not observable and measurable
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2012
tobechi74:

lol, so who are d hypocrite and who are not? What group do i belong? Is hypocricy only atrrbutd only to religous.? Are they ateist hypocrite? Are u a hypocrite?

Jamb question! grin
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

In your re.tarded world, your dna is not observable and measurable

DNA is evidence for evolution? Theories that are full of assumptions is what you call evidence? What if tomorrow, they are all proven wrong? Smh!! Well, let us not derail the thread!

Btw, was the bolded necessary? Smh!
Re: Scientists Unveil Quantum Theory Of Soul's Existence (& Immortality) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
seriallink:

DNA is evidence for evolution? Theories that are full of assumptions is what you call evidence? What if tomorrow, they are all proven wrong? Smh!! Well, let us not derail the thread!

Btw, was the bolded necessary? Smh!

Yawn. The bolded is necessary. Shock therapy works.

As for your question about DNA, why dont you freaking read a book?

(1) (Reply)

Before You Pay That Firstfruits Offering! / List Of Some False Doctrines In Christendom Today / Muhammad Forbid His Son in Law ( Fatima Husband) Marrying Another Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.