Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? (1235 Views)

Ooni Tour:a Mark Of Respect_ooni Visits Eminent Igbos / Making The World A Better Place. / 101 Ways To Make The World A Better Place... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? by pufectskin: 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2012
I certainly want to leave the world a better place. I wanna leave my mark. Do something great with my life...Number one on my list is to inspire
women to be the best they can absolutely be no matter where they come from, their background and education.
Checkout ma girl B....saying all this in a song. I will be updating with african/black women doing great things around the world, for now,
the first is Beyonce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41qWJ6QjPI
Re: Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? by pufectskin: 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2012
second on the list is a friend that I deeply admire (yea, she is a senior from college days and HBS African conferences, and I am absolutely proud of her).
The beautiful and unashamedly fabulous Saran Kaba Jones, the 29yr old Liberian believes inadequate or lack of access to clean water or any water at all is
one of the key reasons that african remains underdeveloped. She also believes girls and women are the backbone of any society and for this reason,
women should be encouraged to attain greater heights. when a woman is educated, her kids are more likely to do better at school and lead better lives...
for the reason, Saran founded the organisation FACEafrica... www.faceafrica.org

Re: Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? by pufectskin: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2012
The business savvy Lola Remi is Co-Founder of www.agnesandlola.com
a globally popular online shop based in the UK.
Lola donates a percentage of profits to non profits such as Doctors without Borders.

Would you leave your footprints in the sands of time? Were you here? Did u live?

Re: Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? by pufectskin: 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
Adiat Disu was born and raised in Nigeria, but soon as she got to Bentley College in the US, she started writing her business plans
as she quickly realized she wanted to be an entrepreneur after uni.
Today, Adiat is a branding expert, and works with global luxury brands across the world to manage talent, Public Relations and brand image.
She is CEO of http://www.adiree.com/

Re: Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? by ba7man(m): 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
Sweetheart, you're asking a very intelligent question but I'm afraid you won't get a lot of answers here b'cos a lot of people lack the substance to grasp and provide one. Goodluck to you making the world a better place.
Re: Will You Leave The World A Better Place? Will You Leave A Mark? by africaneyes: 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
Loving this post. I love and follow all of these women. Love that they all represent different paths in careers. Communications and PR (Adiat) is definitely an avenue I'd love to explore in both professional and entrepreneurial capacities. Philanthropy (Saran) is good for the soul and world (alway a + to lead with the heart), and of course fashion / retail (Lola) is dear to my heart - especially as a woman. Love what she is doing. Exploring ways of building capacity and impact via fashion/ retail is also something that peaks my interest. I don't want to perpetuate waste and over glamorize fashion , nor have any interest in the "hype" around it. I guess I'd have to figure out how to use fashion to have impact.

I hope you post more of these types of questions and posts. In 2017 we need more though-provoking questions/posts to create impact.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

- African Eyes | Seeing things and reading society.

(1) (Reply)

A Day With An Mbaise Herbalist / Funny Proverbs With Great Meaning / 15 Year-old Boy Installed As New King Ubulu-uku Community In Delta - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.