Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,867 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 (20640 Views)

Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Tottenham Vs Manchester United 2 - 2 On 1st December 2013 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (3 - 1 ) On 1st December 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by mukina2: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2012
Renewing an old rivalry with Rafael Benitez will not be on Sam Allardyce's mind when West Ham meet Chelsea, according to the Hammers boss.

There has been little love lost between the pair since they had a clash of style and words when they were managers of Blackburn and Liverpool respectively.

Benitez had sarcastically suggested Barcelona were looking at imitating what he felt was Blackburn's robust style, while Allardyce said: ``He's got personal with it for many, many years now. That's why I don't like him and the feeling is probably mutual.''

The feud started when Allardyce felt Benitez had made a 'game over' hand gesture when Liverpool went 2-0 up against his Blackburn side in 2009.

However, as he prepared his team to face the European champions in the lunchtime kick-off, Allardyce is was not interested in going over old ground.

``I don't want to jump into that scenario, I am a bit bigger than that, I don't want to go tit for tat,'' said Allardyce.

``It was a long time ago, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and I am just looking forward to the game.

``All I do is look to compete at a level going against not just Chelsea, but also against a man who has a real good record, to see if we can upset them.''

Allardyce will have midfielder Mark Noble available again following suspension, while on-loan striker Andy Carroll will be assessed after picking up a minor knee problem.

Meanwhile, Benitez admits Chelsea are desperate for a goal but insists scoring at West Ham would mean nothing if they did not win.

Interim manager Benitez has yet to witness either event in his two matches in charge, successive bore draws with Manchester City and Fulham.

Chelsea also failed to find the net in Roberto Di Matteo's final game at the helm, ensuring a run of three matches without scoring for the first time since Roman Abramovich bought the club.

Benitez is also the first boss of the Abramovich era not to win either of his opening two games and it was the latter statistic that more worried the Spaniard ahead of the trip to Upton Park.

Asked if the first goal of his reign would come as a relief, he said: ``More to win than score.

``We are close in terms of what we are trying to achieve in attack.

``The team has improved the shape in defence, but we need to be a bit quicker in attack.

``Scoring will give us all confidence. The team needs to score and to win.''

Chelsea's five-hour, 21-minute goal drought can be blamed partly on an even longer famine for Fernando Torres, who has found the net only once in almost two months - and that was a fluke.

In the Premier League alone, the £50million man has now gone 10 hours 49 minutes without scoring, with the arrival of his former boss at Liverpool doing little to improve his fortunes.

Benitez admitted this week that Torres had lost some of the pace that made him one of the best strikers in the world.

That prompted former Olympic 4x100 metres champion Darren Campbell to offer to coach the 28-year-old in the art of sprinting, having worked briefly with the Spaniard last year.

But Benitez, who has prescribed Torres weight-training sessions in order to improve his strength, said: ``It's interesting to have different ideas, but we have very good staff here.

``It's different running and running with the ball on the pitch, 11 v 11.

``[World Cup-winning manager Cesar Luis] Minotti, a famous Argentinian coach, said a sprinter has to run very fast, and when he reaches the line, he finishes. A striker has to run very fast to get the ball and then his game starts.''

Chelsea will be without the suspended David Luiz. Luiz picked up his fifth domestic booking of the season in Wednesday's goalless draw with Fulham and serves a one-match ban.

Chelsea remain without John Terry (knee), Frank Lampard (calf) and Daniel Sturridge (hamstring), although all are pushing to make their comebacks.

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/345714/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Clerverly: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2012
Prediction-----West Ham 2 Cheski 0

1 Like

Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Theben(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2012
Won't even bother watching it
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by princeFAD: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2012
I hope westham wins the match to see if Abrahamovich is going to sack benitez after 3 games of no win
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by hapijany: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2012
Football bores d hell outta me....wondering wen i'd start aving some interest in it
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2012
i will like to see chelsea lose.
hehehehehe
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by markus1133: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2012
1-1
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by NAIRA25(m): 10:26am On Dec 01, 2012
IF CHELSEA NO WIN TODAIS GAME..........PITTYY? Rafa Benitez is (AGAG) As Good As Gone.......
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by NAIRA25(m): 10:28am On Dec 01, 2012
rafhell: i will like to see chelsea lose.
hehehehehe

Thatx not possbu still on a stalemate streak man # winkx
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Slyuba4me(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2012
westham 3: 1 chelsea
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by onyxo76(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2012
i dont see chelsea winning this game most likely a draw will do today.
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by futoprince: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2012
Since Fashola banned Okada in Lagos until now, Chelsea is yet to win a match in the EPL
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by surveyProf(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2012
Clerverly: Prediction-----West Ham 2 Cheski 0

Nope not again!
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by surveyProf(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2012
futoprince: Since Fashola banned Okada in Lagos until now, Chelsea is yet to win a match in the EPL

You can say dat again, today's case will be different!
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Nnamdini(m): 10:47am On Dec 01, 2012
Rafa:chairman
Roman:yessss
Rafa:we need more signings
Roman:for whatttt?I didn't bring you here to sign players but to make '50' start scoring goals!
Rafa:but oga,we need to sign falcao,ribery,neymar & gotze to compliment '50' in goal scoring
Roman:see eh you spanish waiter,if you don't win today's match,you getting FIRED the next morning!!!
Rafa:SURE SIR!
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by surveyProf(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2012
Nnamdini: Rafa:chairman
Roman:for whatttt?I didn't bring you here to sign players but to make '50' start scoring goals!
Rafa:but oga,we need to sign falcao,ribery,neymar & gotze to compliment '50' in goal scoring
Roman:see eh you spanish waiter,if you don't win today's match,you getting FIRED the next morning!!!

Too dry, pls try another technique!
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by 1025: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2012

u are nothing but an arsenal fan and that i can bet with my dog. poverty has its way of changing peoples'way of reasoning. the names u mentioned above are possible with roman and still remain in the forbes list of world billionaires.
even in the wake of all poor performances, arsenal is still lacking behind.
it is important arsenal fans know it that chelsea has different targets from what arsenal work for year in, year out(top 4). we have a different ambition and as such, we are no more rivals.

1 Like

Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Okontami: 10:59am On Dec 01, 2012
Am a Chelsea fan, and I will really love to see Benitez fail. I want to see what Mr too much money will do. I pray we loose our next five games
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by shyna501: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2012
​i'll always L♥√ع chelsea ₪☺ mata d weather. Though, our billionaire owner needs 2 av his head examined or else.....
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Born2beRich1(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2012

I weep for this poster as his joke is just too dry...Must be a confused arsenal fan whom wenger has been decieving for 8years now..
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by 1025: 11:42am On Dec 01, 2012
shyna501: ​i'll always L♥√ع chelsea ₪☺ mata d weather. Though, our billionaire owner needs 2 av his head examined or else.....

my brother, he who pays the piper dictates the tone. if u get tired of chelsea, like some other arsenal fans, decamp. whatsoever the owner of chelsea has been doing, has been yielding him results. would u rather keep the coach like arsenal and let go the trophies? the man sacks and get trophies in returns so why disturbing ur head?
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by femmy2010(m): 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
Earlier in the season,I was always looking forward to my darling Chelsea play but not again.
Pray they start winning consistently again.
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
Any fu.cki.n hater can say anything... I dont care... We r winning this.. #KTBFFH
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by HARDDON: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
Bloody chelshyt 0 west HARM 4 .....ℓ☺ℓz
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by aribisala0(m): 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2012
If Chelsea want to start winning again they must dump Mikel!
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by Dvampire(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
The other EPL threads are there o; but no, fans of other clubs will pack themselves here to fill up Chelsea's thread. No wonder manu, arsenal and other threads hardly make up to 3 pages.
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by femmy2010(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2012
aribisala0: If Chelsea want to start winning again they must dump Mikel!

Thought he didn't play against Fulham and they still didn't win?
He played in almost all the matches they won earlier in the season.
The problem with Chelsea is who would put the Ball into the Net(we need a prolific striker who would rarely allow defenders do his job for him).
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by timbros(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
Watch out guys, we are turning that corner today....Upton Park has always been our hunting ground (Wish Lamps will play today, always scores a goal in this fixture).

Prediction: West Ham 1-3 Chelsea (yes, Torres will score)

KTBFFH!
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by princeFAD: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sincerely,it is very dry.The use of pigin eng for Benitez even made it more dry
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by campionichops: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
West Ham vs Chelsea

West Ham (4) are currently 10th in Premier League with five wins, four draws and five defeats yielding 19 points from their first 14 matches back in the top flight. West Ham’s style of play is not particularly nuanced, but it has provided adequate results to date. Chelsea (1.93) again looked miles away from the side that enchanted with their inventive attacking play in the early weeks of the season, struggling to break down a deep lying Fulham defence and having just seven shots at goal to the visitors’ six. Benitez will take some comfort from a second consecutive clean sheet after seven Premier League matches without one prior to his arrival. But he must find a better balance between attack and defence if he is to have any hope of hauling Chelsea back into the title race.English trio John Terry, Frank Lampard and Daniel Sturridge are all training with the physio, but have yet to be set a return date.Its a (3.4) chance that both teams will come out with a draw.Neither side is in the best of form and we foresee a tightly-contested encounter that is likely to see few goals and could very well end with the two teams sharing the spoils. Join us and place your bets @ Sporty Bet ,13 Kasumu Ekemode Street, Victoria Island, Lagos +234 (0)8190519516
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by odumdesmond: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2012
I just cut my skin open, guess what gushed out??, Blue Blood!!!!! Chelsea for ever!
Re: West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 1st December 2012 by pendusky(m): 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
Even if am chelsea fan and dnt like beni man, chelsea must win to keep pace on top 3.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Sporting Lisbon Vs Arsenal: Europa Cup (0 - 1) Live / Real Madrid Sign Gareth Bale For 100 million Euros / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 10th May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.