Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris (1118 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship / First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by vowiski(m): 11:59am On Dec 01, 2012
Ludovic Mohammed Zahed is braced for controversy, maybe even worse. A gay Muslim and an expert on the Koran, Zahed plans to open Europe's first gay-friendly mosque in Paris at the end of this month. He calls it a place of shelter as well as a place of worship.

Image Credit: Hybridlava
"We need to have a safe space for people who do not feel comfortable and at ease in normal mosques," Zahed told ABC News. "There are transgender people who fear aggression, women who do not want to wear head scarf or sit in the back of the mosque. This project gives hope back to many believers in my community."

"Common prayer, practised in an egalitarian setting and without any form of gender-based discrimination, is one of the pillars supporting the proposed reforms of our progressive representation of Islam," he said.

"The Unity" mosque will initially operate in a Buddhist temple in a neighborhood in eastern Paris, and will emphasize "accepting everyone as equally God's creation....I hope straight men will pray together with gay men and women, everyone," said Zahed who declines to make public the address of the venue, due to security concerns.

http://naijajaw..gr/2012/11/gay-mosque-to-open-in-paris.html

1 Like

Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by edoyad(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
Lool grin. Nduchucks, at least you can now worship without fear grin grin
Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by Akanbiedu(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
edoyad: Lool grin. Nduchucks, at least you can now worship without fear grin grin

Laugh wan kill me. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This one na uppercut.
Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by JomoGbomo2(m): 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Very thoughtful of this guy...he wants to open a gay-friendly mosque, in a budhist temple (lol).

The fact is that you can't be a Muslim and be gay, the moment you choose to be gay you have left the fold of Islam and vice versa...THey mutually exclusive no matter how hard you try.

And as for the knowledge of Quran part that Ludovic has, anybody can get that with just about #2k..I, myself have huge knowledge of it but I'm not practising.

Wish him goodluck on his gay-friendly center.

2 Likes

Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
this is the time boko haram is needed most. They should go paris and blow up the gaddamm mosque. Nonsense!!
Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by edoyad(m): 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
JomoGbomo2: Very thoughtful of this guy...he wants to open a gay-friendly mosque, in a budhist temple (lol).

The fact is that you can't be a Muslim and be gay, the moment you choose to be gay you have left the fold of Islam and vice versa...THey mutually exclusive no matter how hard you try.

And as for the knowledge of Quran part that Ludovic has, anybody can get that with just about #2k..I, myself have huge knowledge of it but I'm not practising.

JomoGbomo2: Very thoughtful of this guy...he wants to open a gay-friendly mosque, in a budhist temple (lol).

Did your father make you the sole custodian of Islam to decide what is Islamic and not? Just look at this Negro
Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by topsyking: 12:57am On Dec 02, 2012
Believe me the mosque will be blown up even in france
Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by Horus(m): 1:37am On Dec 02, 2012

Mohammed Ludovic Lütfi Zahed (right), an Algerian Muslim living in France who is married
to his gay partner Qiyam al-Din (left), hopes to open a mosque for homosexuals

Gay activist hopes to open 'gay mosque' in Paris by the end of this month
Women will be allowed to worship alongside men at mosque
Mohammed Zahed hopes to conduct gay marriages there

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239753/France-open-worlds-mosque-gay-community.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2012
^Repulsive picture.
Re: Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris by F00028: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2012
F00028: unless with ho.mose.xuality comes diminished mental capacity that gay place must have some other purpose 'cos it makes no senses to insist on worshipping a God that has already condemned you.
sad

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Hadith 10 Of The 40 Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih / All Lie Against Islam / The Scholars Of The Sufis By Shaykh `abd Al-hadi Kharsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.