Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit (31230 Views)

Woman Dies In Tender Hospital Enugu Due To Alleged Negligence / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Nigerian Girl Dies In Thailand After Buttock Surgery Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by donfemzy: 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Very sad and disgusting

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Fr0sbel: 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2012
Litmus:

May she RIP, but sad to say this sort of thing happened in Britain,when a pregnant Nigerian woman was denied life saving treatment because she overstayed her permit. Also in Ireland and Asian woman was denied life saving Abortion because of religion.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/14/ireland-woman-dies-after-abortion-refusal [/url]

Yes it happened in the UK and Ireland in a few small cases , especially because these were not citizens but visitors , though this is no excuse, but the press and citizens of these countries went on a rampage with criticism of this poor behaviour which we trust will not happen again.

Problem is, in Nigeria this type of behaviour is considered as BAU ( Business as usual ).
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Lakayana: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2012
SELFWORTH:

If you want to make a change, take a good look at yourself, then make the change

No offence intended.
I did not point accusing fingers at others i said we as a people should check ourselves that includes me too. Together we shall make our society a better place.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by wiegraf: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2012
stallion_:
this reason join why oyibo people dey call africans blacks monkeys.

It's not the only reason, there are many more. For instance if this was a lesbian couple, or some needy teen, some here would be praising the staff. Others see the need to turn this topic into a tribal issue, etc, etc. But yes, our valuation of human life, and unparalleled and shortsighted greed, are stellar examples of why we're often a disgrace to humanity.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by coogar: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
Litmus:

May she RIP, but sad to say this sort of thing happened in Britain,when a pregnant Nigerian woman was denied life saving treatment because she overstayed her permit. Also in Ireland and Asian woman was denied life saving Abortion because of religion.

ireland is not britain....
there's no way NHS would deny life saving treatment because a woman has overstayed - it can never happen! i would like to see a link of your story and i don't care what happens in dublin. there's no NHS in dublin!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
And you pple blame the doctors. How pathetic. A private hospital is first and foremost a business established to make profit. It is an investment. It takes money to set up. Anybody that runs a private hospital as a charity organisation will run the organisation down. Don't forget that the doctor also have to pay children school fees, pay nepa light, pay rent, fuel ambulance, medical license fees etc. It is sad when people see private hospitals as charity organisations. Yes, the doctor might have gone too far. Yes, the doctor should place human dignity before monetary claims. But he is not under any responsibility to do so. You can't sue him for refusing to treat someone that can't pay his bills. Some people come to the hospital ,receive treatment and afterwards run away without paying for the service. Some people come to the hospital and after they are treated they become nuisance to the hospital as the people who brought them in for treatment are not forthcoming with payment and the doctors are unwilling to let them go until they settle their bills. Do not forget, most private hospitals are already run partly as charitable organisations. Your aunty's brother's friend is sick. She brings the person to the hospital and expects free treatment because her friend is related to you. Now combine that to all the outsiders you don't know from Adam that also want to default on payment. What we should push for is health insurance for every citizen. That is how it is run abroad. Doctors know that once they treat you, your insurance pays.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by chiswaggs: 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
kay9:

People who make statements like the above lack something fundamental to our humanity: EMPATHY. Put yourself in the shoes of this unfortunate woman's husband, then go back and read your comment again.
it would have made more sense if you read my whole write up sha. Just saying... I actually condemned d act but just looked at it from the side of the clinic management. Nxt tym comment on a whole post. I hope such does not happen to me and I pray God grants the family the fortitude to bear the loss but Im not still sure of how many of you run your businesses on a charity basis. Just saying sha. I don't think that human beings will be that wicked. The clinic management may include mothers, fathers, etc. They must have had certain unpleasant experiences that has led them to this state. Don't just jump into hasty conclusions without hearing the side of the clinic. You might be suprised that the clinic's version of this incidence might be quite different. Just saying sha..
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Fr0sbel: 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2012
12 inches!:
And you pple blame the doctors. How pathetic. A private hospital is first and foremost a business established to make profit. It is an investment. It takes money to set up. Anybody that runs a private hospital as a charity organisation will run the organisation down. Don't forget that the doctor also have to pay children school fees, pay nepa light, pay rent, fuel ambulance, medical license fees etc. It is sad when people see private hospitals as charity organisations. Yes, the doctor might have gone too far. Yes, the doctor should place human dignity before monetary claims. But he is not under any responsibility to do so. You can't sue him for refusing to treat someone that can't pay his bills. Some people come to the hospital ,receive treatment and afterwards run away without paying for the service. Some people come to the hospital and after they are treated they become nuisance to the hospital as the people who brought them in for treatment are not forthcoming with payment and the doctors are unwilling to let them go until they settle their bills. Do not forget, most private hospitals are already run partly as charitable organisations. Your aunty's brother's friend is sick. She brings the person to the hospital and expects free treatment because her friend is related to you. Now combine that to all the outsiders you don't know from Adam that also want to default on payment. What we should push for is health insurance for every citizen. That is how it is run abroad. Doctors know that once they treat you, your insurance pays.

Private or no Private a Doctor's first responsibility is to SAVE LIFE , any Doctor who does otherwise should be sacked and his license revoked.

Besides , we are not talking about normal treatment which accounts for almost 80% of a private clinic's revenue, we are talking about those peculiar cases where a split decision is required to save not just one life but as in this case two lives.

Two souls 'killed' because of 20,000N , if this sounds like good judgement to you , you are part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by kaytytty: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
dis story is not new but ever since it has been happening what has the fools in govt done bout it
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
Nawa ooo. Am speechless. Can N20,000 Buy a life? but now a lifes has been lost because of 20k.

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by SELFWORTH: 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Lakayana: I did not point accusing fingers at others i said we as a people should check ourselves that includes me too. Together we shall make our society a better place.

l agreed with you then and now.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by GeneralGaricks: 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
These people should be prosecuted.

I will save a life with my last card.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by coogar: 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2012
12 inches!:

you are ptyalising nonsense, my friend!

a pregnant woman in need of medical help should be saved - these useless doctors took 5000 naira from her husband and claimed it was only for registration. now that the woman is dead, of what essence is the registration? why should they charge for registration? honestly, your moral compass is so screwed up, i doubt you can find your way to your bedroom. why couldn't they just treat this woman - if the husband refuses to pay then detain the husband!! put him in a police station till someone can come to their rescue and pay up. is that not a better approach than letting the woman and child die?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
gboss4sure: Nawa ooo. Am speechless. Can N20,000 Buy a life? but now a lifes has been lost because of 20k.

Nothing can buy life.. look beyond the money..
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

a pregnant woman in need of medical help should be saved - these useless doctors took 5000 naira from her husband and claimed it was only for registration. now that the woman is dead, of what essence is the registration? why should they charge for registration? honestly, your moral compass is so screwed up, i doubt you can find your way to your bedroom. why couldn't they just treat this woman - if the husband refuses to pay then detain the husband!! put him in a police station till someone can come to their rescue and pay up. is that not a better approach than letting the woman and child die?

Why not open your own charity a.k.a hospital, alongside a mini-kirikiri for detainees ??
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Fr0sbel: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

don't mind the 'devils' .
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
Moral compass? Lolz.. Carry ur uk and us moral compass come Nigeria, make we tune am for una...

Chai...
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by SELFWORTH: 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

ireland is not britain....
there's no way NHS would deny life saving treatment because a woman has overstayed - it can never happen! i would like to see a link of your story and i don't care what happens in dublin. there's no NHS in dublin!

I was wondering too. When i read the post i was surprised.

As for Ireland, all persons resident in Ireland are entitled to receive health care through the public health care system, which is managed by the Health Service Executive and funded by general taxation. In addition to the public-sector, there is also a large private healthcare market.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by slimfit1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
R I P. I blame the government not the hospital please call a spade a spade. I'm sure if the government build a good hospital provide facilities there the man would not have to take her to the private hospital. The government should be taking to world court for indirect ginocide.I see them on tv building hospital that they cannot even take there dog as if they have done something special and Nigerians think that is what they deserve. Put yourselves in the position of these nurses and doctors sometimes the way Nigerians behave have washed away human feelings people have.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
Fr0sbel:

don't mind the 'devils' .
The Frosdevil that I know. Anyone who isn't with u is automatically a devil.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by GeneralGaricks: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
God will judge people on the last day.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by otokx(m): 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

once police see that you do not have money they will not even admit you into their detention cell because you will be taking up the space of others who can pay bribe and come out.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
Thank God I'm not a doctor sha. So you think you will come to my hospital, I will treat you, you sleep in my ward and you will not pay. Let me tell you a short story. My pops is a doctor and he once did free emergency c-section operation for one woman like that to save her and the baby and the woman ended up being admitted for over 2 weeks the baby was placed in an incubator for a long time in uch. All bills and transport cost were on my pops hospital. The woman and her husband didn't pay a dime. They came with an hard luck story and a promise to pay as soon as possible only to host afterwards a very flamboyant naming ceremony without settling hospital bills. People, which account will you write dat one in. The reason I got to know was that my mum was so crossed because I am my siblings were owing school fees and were abt to be chased out from school and my pops was rendering free services to save mankind.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by bakynes(m): 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
i agree with you 100 percent,the taxes collected from the citizens in this developed countries is used as insurance cover in cases such as this woman's case
12 inches!:
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2012
General Garicks: God will judge people on the last day.
And what if there's no God? Or no last day?

Wouldn't God in his infite intelligence bless the hospital for not giving the poor unborn soul a chance to become Nigerian?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Pstbeloved: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2012
very SAD. God help us in this our nation in Jesus' name'
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Fr0sbel: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2012
musKeeto:
The Frosdevil that I know. Anyone who isn't with u is automatically a devil.

Mate, I have a conscience unlike you and your atheist cohorts.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
12 inches!:
Thank God I'm not a doctor sha. So you think you will come to my hospital, I will treat you, you sleep in my ward and you will not pay. Let me tell you a short story. My pops is a doctor and he once did free emergency c-section operation for one woman like that to save her and the baby and the woman ended up being admitted for over 2 weeks the baby was placed in an incubator for a long time in uch. All bills and transport cost were on my pops hospital. The woman and her husband didn't pay a dime. They came with an hard luck story and a promise to pay as soon as possible only to host afterwards a very flamboyant naming ceremony without settling hospital bills. People, which account will you write dat one in. The reason I got to know was that my mum was so crossed because I am my siblings were owing school fees and were abt to be chased out from school and my pops was rendering free services to save mankind.
Oga, u don talk am finish. I sheath my fingers.. Lol.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Alonga: 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
Dat is d reason why Gov Uduagha emback on free maternal care so dat all d useness docter wil not take our women as goat.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by eejo(m): 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2012
Nigeria is moving forward my hospital treat every emergency even if you don't have a penny but the same nigerians still abuse the system but we will continue to save Nigerians
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by otokx(m): 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
12 inches!:

hope your dad learnt his lesson, nice narrative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) / COVID-19: GTBank setting up 100-Bed Intensive Care Center / NAFDAC Seals Off Emzor Pharmaceuticals, Others Over Codeine Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.