Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? (2939 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
Why are people so choosy when it comes to eating? You see peope refusing to eat the top of slice bread or the bottom of the pot.

Share your story on those things you always refuse to eat and why even though they aren't unhealthy or irritating.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 02, 2012
Top of sliced bread is to keep the bread fresh and soft,

I mostly use it to soften hardened brown sugar , unripe plantain, unripe fruits. Works great !

Bottom of the pot is burnt and not good for you .

Chicken b utt, snake , bottom of orange juice in a jug( too thick eeww ), chicken / turkey skin( yuk) , any kind of bone ( not good for your teeth).

And many more grin
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2012
I never knew top of bread could do all that.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by tpia1: 2:10am On Dec 03, 2012
You should try to drink the pulpy part of the orange juice. Its better even if not so smooth as the pulpless part.

@ topic

Who is "you" ?
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 03, 2012
jidegirl12: Top of sliced bread is to keep the bread fresh and soft,

I mostly use it to soften hardened brown sugar , unripe plantain, unripe fruits. Works great !

Bottom of the pot is burnt and not good for you .

Chicken b utt, snake , bottom of orange juice in a jug( too thick eeww ), chicken / turkey skin( yuk) , any kind of bone ( not good for your teeth).

And many more grin

Don't tell me chicken bone is bad for the teeth. It gives calcium grin. I love my chicken bones...ESP the bone marrow and the biscuit bone grin grin.

At post, I detaste the bottom of pot , the only thing I use to like when I was little was the side beans pot when finished. Yummy!

For the bread, keeping the face makes the other parts remain soft, but not when am around. That face go disappear and no one will know who did cool
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
Yes Bones give calcium. Of course except if the person has weak set of teeth.

The bottom of pot doesn't mean it has to burn, some people will just not eat the end part of the pot (the last layer before the burnt part).

Also so many people's reason for rejecting the top of bread isn't to preserve the others to remain soft, they are just too choosy.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Shugamania(f): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
I so love me d sticky, slightly burnt part at the bottom of the pot...especially that of jollof rice & porridge.
And i love bones too, good for my teeth.. grin see?
ok, i dont like the top or bottom of sliced bread and u wont catch me eating snakes, cats, dogs, pork, monkey, frogs, toads, insects,mosquitoes...errmm.... brb with the rest. tongue
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
Funny how you love the burnt poridge and jollof rice but won't eat the top of bread. Any particular reason to that?
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Shugamania(f): 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
smiley slightly burnt, not burnt outrightly.
No major reason really, d bread top is just so tough and dry usually and not as tasty as the rest of the bread...so why bother?
But the bottom of d pot wink ...that is d tastiest part of the food as long as it's not burnt or beggining to get bitter.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by baby124: 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
Its just hard, dry and doesn't go well with anything.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Zeebah23(f): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Youngzedd(m): 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
Vikin:

Don't tell me chicken bone is bad for the teeth. It gives calcium grin. I love my chicken bones...ESP the bone marrow and the biscuit bone grin grin.

At post, I detaste the bottom of pot , the only thing I use to like when I was little was the side beans pot when finished. Yummy!

For the bread, keeping the face makes the other parts remain soft, but not when am around. That face go disappear and no one will know who did cool

Hehe, no mind them I do eat everything, that is why I buy good/soft bread.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
Acid don't mind them jare onijekije gbogbo grin grin

As per bread .... you can use it to ripen fruits just put it in a plastic bag

and soften hardened brown sugar or any sugar.... then the bread will be hardened ... like transfer grin ... It works like magic.... It's the Canadian logic wink

Chicken bone is calcium grin go get yourselves calcium pill as a supplement , onijekije ! no wonder all of una teeth full of cavity grin yuk!
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1: You should try to drink the pulpy part of the orange juice. Its better even if not so smooth as the pulpless part.

@ topic

Who is "you" ?

Just get the orange juice with pulp! The bottom is just so sour and thick like ogi.... ewwww ... I don't like it lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2012
jidegirl12: Acid don't mind them jare onijekije gbogbo grin grin

As per bread .... you can use it to ripen fruits just put it in a plastic bag

and soften hardened brown sugar or any sugar.... then the bread will be hardened ... like transfer grin ... It works like magic.... It's the Canadian logic wink

Chicken bone is calcium grin go get yourselves calcium pill as a supplement , onijekije ! no wonder all of una teeth full of cavity grin yuk!

You all just made me realize the Top of a bread has great benefit. I never knew all this and I am sure a million others don't too.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by tpia1: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
jidegirl12:

Just get the orange juice with pulp! The bottom is just so sour and thick like ogi.... ewwww ... I don't like it lipsrsealed

True sha.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1:

True sha.

Its like you know a lot about food. I am so impressed.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by tpia1: 11:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
Are you saying i like food?
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 7:47am On Dec 05, 2012
tpia1: Are you saying i like food?

No that's not what I said. I meant you are knowledgeable about food.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by pinky21(f): 6:46am On Dec 07, 2012
Funny enof if I must eat sliced bread it must b d top and bottom. Prefer unsliced
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
pinky21: Funny enof if I must eat sliced bread it must b d top and bottom. Prefer unsliced

You are definitely one in a million people. I have noticed that without telling anyone, people start rejecting the top and bottom from a very tender age.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Wislet(f): 7:35am On Dec 08, 2012
hmmm
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 8:51am On Dec 08, 2012
Wetin be hmmm?
You like top of bread or not na wetin dem ask you.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by UjSizzle(f): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
I'm a serial bread eater and love the top n bottom most of all.

I dnt eat the bum and head of any animal cos it makes me think of poo n brains, chicken skin cos its unhealthy, orange juice gives me cough, goat meat smells.
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by acidtalk: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
It sounds like you are very choosy when it comes to food. By the way, what do you find tasty abouut the top and bottom of bread?
Re: Why Do You Refuse To Eat The Top Of Slice Bread? by Audinowing(m): 6:34am On Dec 18, 2012
Shugamania: I so love me d sticky, slightly burnt part at the bottom of the pot...especially that of jollof rice & porridge.
And i love bones too, good for my teeth.. grin see?
ok, i dont like the top or bottom of sliced bread and u wont catch me eating snakes, cats, dogs, pork, monkey, frogs, toads, insects,mosquitoes...errmm.... brb with the rest. tongue
You are missing a whole lot. Try this delicacies(snakes, cats, dogs, pork, monkey, frogs, toads, insects,mosquitoes) and you will come to NL to testify how sweet they are.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Talk Foreign Recipes / How To Cover A Fruit Cake With Almond Paste -with Pictures / How To Make Nigerian Bitter Leaf Soup With Cocoyam (ofe Onugbu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.