Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... (3358 Views)

Volkwagen Golf 3 Auto Gear 280k / Mitsubushi Space Wagon(Three seater) Auto Transmission For 300K for urgent sale / Toks Golf 3, Auto, Ac Clean Title 4 6++ Pix Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... by stevejame247: 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
Good day Nairalanders,

Please i need you guys sincere and expertise advise..
I have a golf 3 auto transmission car, which i bought as tokunbo 3yrs ago,though it was performing well, but after like
8 months i bought the car it start giving transmission, problem which i had to changed the gearbox then, and it worked very fine for about six month, about seven month down the line again the same gear problem occurred, i had to change it the second time in less than 2years, now the gearbox is faulty again for the third time, now i had made up my mind to changed the gearbox to manual transmission... Pls i need a professional advise on the implications and possibly if there's any solution to these problem..
Re: Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... by kaykay27(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2012
I had the same problem with my Jetta 3 and i had to convert to a manual transmission which i used for over 4years without giving any issues. Sold the car in May, 2012 cos i bought another Jetta car though a higher version.
Get a good mechanic and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 06, 2012
Ofload d item b4 it gives U high bp. Cars are toys we play with, to be discarded wen d play becomes burdensome. Upload d image kia kia let's do justice to it!

1 Like

Re: Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... by stevejame247: 6:05am On Dec 07, 2012
Thank you for the advise that's just what i'm going to now...

kaykay27: I had the same problem with my Jetta 3 and i had to convert to a manual transmission which i used for over 4years without giving any issues. Sold the car in May, 2012 cos i bought another Jetta car though a higher version.
Get a good mechanic and you are good to go.
Re: Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... by akanxpress: 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
if u want to sell, pls disclose your price
Re: Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... by philc334: 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
if you still want to use the car, change both engine and gear box.
Re: Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... by dgitrader(m): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
does anyone have an ideal how much it cost to convert a golf 3(auto trans, 1.8ltr engine) to a manual gear? complete cost i mean
Re: Golf 3 Auto Transmission Problem... by kaykay27(m): 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Where do you reside? A happy to recommend the guy that did mine.

(1) (Reply)

Brand New LPG Tanker Truck For Sale,made in China / Presentable 2006 Honda Pilot is SOLD SOLD.GLORY BE TO GOD / Reg 2009 Mercedes benz E350 (AMG Kit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.