Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5757726 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by baby124: 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Dani4tech:
Mums 'n' chefs in the h0use...can any0ne pls help me with a c0conut rice recipe? E d0n tey wey dis thing d0n de hungry me...but i have n0 idea about the ingredients and how to prepare... embarassed
Your protein (beef, chicken, goat)

One coconut (cut in pieces and blend with a cup or two of water. Then use small water with a strainer to strain the juice, make sure it's just juice left)

Cut mixed vegetables (carrot, green pepper, red pepper, ata rodo, canned corn and peas,ginger and garlic if you eat with Garlic). I also like to put cabbage but you have to cut the cabbage and let it sit in a hot pan on the stove, by itself so that all the water in the cabbage can come out. Cabbage is full of water and can make your food soggy if you don't get the water out

- boil the meat and season well, be careful with salt.
- add the meat stock in the rice with some of the coconut water. Put very little oil to make it grainy and put to boil on medium fire.
- put your mixed veggies in a saucepan or frying pan and season, add the rest of the coconut water and let it simmer down 2-3mins. Not for too long so the vegetables don't get soft.
-mix the vegetable sauce with your rice and protein or make your protein on the side however you like. Let it simmer for a little bit, and if your rice is not soft yet, lower the fire and put foil paper over the rice so it can steam till its soft

Coconut rice is done!
Sorry I am one of those cooks that gives time or quantity measurements. Very good at eyeballing stuff. As cooking circumstances can also vary widely.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dani4tech(m): 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
baby124:

Your protein (beef, chicken, goat)

One coconut (cut in pieces and blend with a cup or two of water. Then use small water with a strainer to strain the juice, make sure it's just juice left)

Cut mixed vegetables (carrot, green pepper, red pepper, ata rodo, canned corn and peas,ginger and garlic if you eat with Garlic). I also like to put cabbage but you have to cut the cabbage and let it sit in a hot pan on the stove, by itself so that all the water in the cabbage can come out. Cabbage is full of water and can make your food soggy if you don't get the water out

- boil the meat and season well, be careful with salt.
- add the meat stock in the rice with some of the coconut water. Put very little oil to make it grainy
- put your mixed veggies in a saucepan or frying pan and season, add the rest of the coconut water and let it simmer down 2-3mins. Not for too long so the vegetables don't get soft.
-mix the vegetable sauce with your rice and protein or make your protein on the side however you like. Let it simmer for a little bit, and if your rice is not soft yet, lower the fire and put foil paper over the rice so it can steam till its soft

Coconut rice is done!
Sorry I am one of those cooks that gives time or quantity measurements. Very good at eyeballing stuff. As cooking circumstances can also vary widely.
Thanks very much...u just saved a soul...lolzwink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by baby124: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
Dani4tech:
Thanks very much...u just saved a soul...lolzwink
You are welcome. Cooking is very much trial and error and it should come with experience, but don't feel bad if you don't get it right the first time. Take it very easy with the curry in this receipe. Curry has a way of overpowering the taste and scent of coconut in a funny way of too much is used. Just very little or no curry will be ok. And don't forget your onions(FYI onions is a natural food sweetener especially for foods like beans). I know my receipe is like coconut fried rice, but I like my food very colorful and filled with veggie. .If it's not jollof I pack it with veggie. Even in Jollof I put peas. So goodluck and enjoy your food. Life is short, eat well. wink

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugah: 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
yetseyi:

Please do you know the addresses?
Not the exact addresses.
The allen branch is opposite union bank.
Festac 22rd opposite MRS filling station, and 23rd.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by yetseyi(f): 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
sugah:
Not the exact addresses. The allen branch is opposite union bank. Festac 22rd opposite MRS filling station, and 23rd.
Thank you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
cococandy:

I'm sure I did. But now I've pasted the link to your handle on it. There's no way you won't see it now grin
Thanks alot, seen it grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zemaye: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2015
Sweet yam and egg grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by damola44(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ramen noodles with curry, onion and chilli peper with a side of scrambled eggs. grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 9jafood: 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
Who do you think cook better?
kiss Female Chef or
cool Male Chef

Cast your votes on http://9jafood.com.ng on the side bar.

Can't wait to hear your views cheesy
Love y'all :* :*

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
zemaye:
Sweet yam and egg grin

Looks yummy smiley Is there any specie called "sweet yam" or it's just ur adjective
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zemaye: 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
Kimoni:

Looks yummy smiley Is there any specie called "sweet yam" or it's just ur adjective
Na my adjective o cheesy, the yam sweet die Come soft like cheese balls hence the coined adjective wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 11:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
my pipo cheesy h-as I don chop belleful and sleep never come, make I talk the talk whey make this soup waka kam cheesy

there was no light and I no buy petrol so I had to cook the soup under the cover of darkness like a native doctor. I groped around the kitchen the way the Egyptians of old groped when the most high struck them with darkness. and in my darkness, I let in all the oil in the jerry can without knowing..... and all hell was let loose.

when I wanted to scoop soup, na so so oil oil spoon dh carry angry to collect fish nko?? that one had to involve deep sea diving grin I put on an oxygen mask and swam the oil to the bottom of the pot my gaddem self smiley

sha tomorrow I'll sieve off the oil and prolly use that excess to kick start my oil and gas business cool
the soup tasted nice sha smiley who am I kidding shït was fuckingAwesome with a touch of class from the son of the Master Baker; nmeri17 himself cheesy

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:10am On Sep 09, 2015
^^^^ grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amis(f): 4:08am On Sep 09, 2015
Nmeri17:
my pipo cheesy h-as I don chop belleful and sleep never come, make I talk the talk whey make this soup waka kam cheesy

there was no light and I no buy petrol so I had to cook the soup under the cover of darkness like a native doctor. I groped around the kitchen the way the Egyptians of old groped when the most high struck them with darkness. and in my darkness, I let in all the oil in the jerry can without knowing..... and all hell was let loose.

when I wanted to scoop soup, na so so oil oil spoon dh carry angry to collect fish nko?? that one had to involve deep sea diving grin I put on an oxygen mask and swam the oil to the bottom of the pot my gaddem self smiley

sha tomorrow I'll sieve off the oil and prolly use that excess to kick start my oil and gas business cool
the soup tasted nice sha smiley who am I kidding shït was fuckingAwesome with a touch of class from the son of the Master
Baker; nmeri17 himself cheesy

Lol @ oil and gas business
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by thelish(f): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
beans n plantain/dodo. yummy.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Amis:

Lol @ oil and gas business
I dh tell u o. if armed robbers visited my flat that night, I for just enter the oil and hold my breath.... dh go find me tire grin . after conducting a thorough search, they'll conclude the house has no occupants and jejely LEAVE

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nmeri17:
hurrah!! 4000 likes at last. thank you nairaland smiley nmeri17 appreciates

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nmeri17:
I dh tell u o. if armed robbers visited my flat that night, I for just enter the oil and hold my breath.... dh go find me tire grin . after a thorough search, they'll conclude the house has no occupants and leave

You've got raw talent you know. I laughed soo much.

Why did I used to think you were a male?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Pronmix(m): 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Kimoni:

Yeah I thought same too, she's really good with words.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Kimoni:

No be male?? shocked shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2015
Just like I thought..... She?Male? cool

I like funny ladies.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omoreminder2: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2015
uniklinkum:
Sunday afternoon thingy..

Tunde, will you cook something better than this for me today....... cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zemaye: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
tongue
Boli and cashew nut as I no get normal groundnut e sweet sha kiss

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kimoni:

FannySwindler:
Just like I thought..... She?Male? cool
I like funny ladies.
tchidi:

No be male?? shocked shocked
Pronmix:
Yeah I thought same too, she's really good with words.
lol cheesy grin tongue so now y'all have concluded I'm female?? I'm really impressed with your intelligence smiley Read this then ===> https://www.nairaland.com/1459127/nmeri/1
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
zemaye:
Sweet yam and egg grin

This I like. Yum

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by thelish(f): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
Rice beans n dodo.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nmeri17:
lol cheesy grin tongue so now y'all have concluded I'm female?? I'm really impressed with your intelligence smiley Read this then ===> https://www.nairaland.com/1459127/nmeri/1

So you think that story (that may as well be fiction) is a proof that you are male? I'm also really impressed with your intelligence! wink smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
tchidi:

So you think that story (that may as well be fiction) is a proof that you are male? I'm also really impressed with your intelligence! wink smiley
kuuuuul down joor cheesy tongue I was just teasing you guys
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nmeri17:

the soup tasted nice sha smiley who am I kidding shït was fuckingAwesome with a touch of class from the son of the Master Baker; nmeri17 himself cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 12:45am On Sep 11, 2015
Pounded yam, steamed spinach and stew with cow leg.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zemaye: 8:18am On Sep 11, 2015
Chips and minced meat sauce no 'oyel' involved grin
The chip oil do me

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 8:24am On Sep 11, 2015
zemaye:
Chips and minced meat sauce no 'oyel' involved grin
The chip oil do me

I want that sad sad

You used spray oil?

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (3479) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.