Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5756439 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Guchis(f): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2013
uzoo: @Joeydozzy

@Yield
The trick behind cooking jollof rice with out getting it burnt is to cook it under moderately low heat and try to cook it in a non-stick pan or non-stick pot,thats what i use anyway.The rice just needs to absorb the sauce you've poured over it under this temperature of flame,that doesnt mean its not cooked.

To make tasty jollof rice ,here's my big sister's secret recipe - ..blend a lot of crayfish with bell peppers (tatashe in yoruba) when blending the tomatoes ,onions and peppers to make your stew sauce for the jollof rice,make sure you have a lot of crayfish ,a lot of tatashe and less tomatoes (say one hand full of cray fish to 7 large tatashe and 4 tomatoes,and depending on how spicy you want it you can add 7 or 10 pieces of the usual small/tiny red peppers.

this will make a sauce for say 3 to 4 cups of rice ,dont forget to add your beef/chicken/turkey/ whatever Stock water.
she also uses canned tomatoe paste and Grates a bit of ginger when frying the tomatoe sauce in oil.

Finally ,do not allow the rice to dry up , leave a bit of boiling sauce to stir it with,before turning it off,jollof rice is never tasty when it is served dry,it has to be a bit savoury.

Hi Uzo, so i stole your sister's recipe for Jollof rice and made it for the Fam last sunday...it was a HIT!!! It had this 'party rice' aroma and i swear you could perceive it miles away grin grin grin My bro couldn't get enough and you could clearly see the 'made in China' trademark on our visiting relatives plates.
All in all, it was a good Sunday courtesy chef moi..hehe. Kudos to ur big sis!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sissie(f): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2013
Stellasmeza: Chicken kabob, carrot rice & vegetable curry.

Looks yummy.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uzoo: 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
Guchis:

Hi Uzo, so i stole your sister's recipe for Jollof rice and made it for the Fam last sunday...it was a HIT!!! It had this 'party rice' aroma and i swear you could perceive it miles away grin grin grin My bro couldn't get enough and you could clearly see the 'made in China' trademark on our visiting relatives plates.
All in all, it was a good Sunday courtesy chef moi..hehe. Kudos to ur big sis!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...lol OMG! i'm so laughing out loud here,ha ha ha cheesy cheesy @ ''made in china '' .Wow ,thanks, i'm glad it went well. You are right about the aroma being perceived from afar,it gives you an appetite already before the rice is even ready to eat.

I guess her ''secret'' recipe is no longer a secret. I'll be in serious trouble if she ever stumbles unto this post and finds out it was me that let it out. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uzoo: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Paris-fran:

Too lazy to cook and yet u dey boil beans. I laugh in greek! Too lazy to cook, where I'm from is equal to Bread, Indomie, Or ever nourishing Garri and Groundnut.

Weldone though.

Thanks. With the pressure cooker the beans is ready in less than 10 mins.

The real stress is standing and frying that delicious plantain and sweet potatoes.

Actually i made the Togo or is it bene republic style of stew ( the one they call Agoyin Stew) to go with the beans, i learnt how to make it from one of my mom's maid then . The damn thing is too oily, but tasty. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2013
Would love to make banga soup for my baby. Just like the picture of the one on page 0
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uzoo: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by vokalguy(m): 12:17am On Sep 04, 2013
Hate the fact that some people are posting professional pics. The point of the thread is to post what YOU COOKED, not someones work. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Moyola(f): 12:33am On Sep 04, 2013
tongue tongue tongue

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Stellasmeza(f): 6:08am On Sep 04, 2013
joeydozzy:

[img]http://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3357845504/h6848D337/[/img]

Ehn ehn joeydozzy! That your dog is scaring me cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Stellasmeza(f): 6:09am On Sep 04, 2013
Sissie:

Looks yummy.

Thank you Sissie!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2013
Stellasmeza:

Ehn ehn joeydozzy! That your dog is scaring me cry

Settle down, Bingo.
Yeah good boy, He eats good foodgrin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 04, 2013
I'm hungry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yvete(f): 7:20am On Sep 04, 2013
CFCfan: I'm hungry

Taco Bell ... Open 24 hours! cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 04, 2013
Yvete:

Taco Bell ... Open 24 hours! cheesy
Lmao! I'll rather feast on some 'natural' meals.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uzoo: 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dinner.

Spaghetti Bolognaise .

sorry for the blurry image the steam from the minced meat was getting to the lens of the camera...lol cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by krystal101(f): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
Join me! I jes made this for oga to enjoy when he gets back from work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beauty4(f): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
Rice, gravy and fish head, mhennnnnnnnnnn, i love fish head.

3 layers Cake (vanilla, cashewnut and pineapple)

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uzoo: 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
beauty?:

The meal looks yummy. As much as i enjoy eating fish i don't like eating the head,but i really cant throw it away so i give it to whoever is interested in eating bones in the house. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by snthesis(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Technically its my kitchen and i cooked the meals . smiley

even though i no sabi wetin i cook sha grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by itsmelex(f): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
gringrin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
y me: well. . . .My own way of preparing tomatoes egg cheesy
pls teach me how to make it.I mean d procedure
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uzoo: 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
snthesis: Technically its my kitchen and i cooked the meals . smiley

even though i no sabi wetin i cook sha grin grin grin

ha ha ha ha ha ...lol you are really funny

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ikekings(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nna eh too many oyibo food don plenty for hia!!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by itsmelex(f): 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
uzoo:

The meal looks yummy. As much as i enjoy eating fish i don't like eating the head,but i really cant throw it away so i give it to whoever is interested in eating bones in the house. grin

I dont even bother bringing the head home, for kroaker and titus they cut off the scull part from the market but the head of the cat fish is spared oh! lol.

beauty?:

Beauty, give me the cake!...thanks in anticipation grin Hey can I ask where you'r from 'cause of the word "gravy".

krystal101: Join me! I jes made this for oga to enjoy when he gets back from work.

I like the color! Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beauty4(f): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
Am from naija o. It was A friend that taught and told me the name. U can have d cake
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by itsmelex(f): 12:40am On Sep 06, 2013
^^^ thanks! Heard that word for the first time when I went to the south south(of Nig) , I think they use it more there...dont know. It sure taste good.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beauty4(f): 6:27am On Sep 06, 2013
Join me with hot baked pancake for breakfast. Before and after baking

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by snthesis(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2013
^^^yummy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kalvan: 8:19am On Sep 07, 2013
So no one here knows how to cook Amala or Pounded Yam?!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uzoo: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Kalvan: So no one here knows how to cook Amala or Pounded Yam?!

Look it up on Page 50 https://www.nairaland.com/1122902/cook-kitchen-take-pictures-post/50#16550239
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by myselfonly: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
always balance with sugar when there's too much salt in your food. and it gives it a really nice taste.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Biglittlelois(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.