Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5752689 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Okra and ogbolo.
Chilli cheriso .

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
why the sausage come burn for one side now, please no let real life mighty sausage burn o.

Nice one....my mom favorite soup, Okra and Ogbono with magala, tinko, bonga, prawns, crayfish, dried expensive catfish and hot yellow yam poundo.
We go chop finish, over belly filled, and start gisting grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tunshe: 5:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Babymama1: Yam and chicken stew
Cold and yet to be warmed grin

Yuk!

Looks so horrible and unpalatable.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SewaGRITS(f): 6:03am On Jul 25, 2014
This is a sweet bread I learned from a Polynesian (Haiiwain) friend. It's called Pani Popo, and is a sweet roll with a coconut milk glaze. It's soooo good! I made the rolls from scratch this time (sometimes I buy frozen bread dough instead of laboring with homemade bread). The dough is the same kind you'd use for a sweet roll like cinnamon rolls (for those bakers in the house). The glaze is coconut milk, sugar, and regular milk. Even though it looks like it's swimming in milk, the milk mostly gets absorbed while baking, but leaves just enough sauce to drizzle over the roll when serving. Enjoy! smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:56am On Jul 25, 2014
SewaGRITS: This is a sweet bread I learned from a Polynesian (Haiiwain) friend. It's called Pani Popo, and is a sweet roll with a coconut milk glaze. It's soooo good! I made the rolls from scratch this time (sometimes I buy frozen bread dough instead of laboring with homemade bread). The dough is the same kind you'd use for a sweet roll like cinnamon rolls (for those bakers in the house). The glaze is coconut milk, sugar, and regular milk. Even though it looks like it's swimming in milk, the milk mostly gets absorbed while baking, but leaves just enough sauce to drizzle over the roll when serving. Enjoy! smiley
I'd most definitely love to eat that.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
But the bread looks soggy tho undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
That's the idea
touchmeder: But the bread looks soggy tho undecided

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SewaGRITS(f): 12:09am On Jul 26, 2014
touchmeder: But the bread looks soggy tho undecided
It's really not though. After baking most of the coconut milk/cream thickens and is absorbed, and leaves a sticky glaze on the outside...not soggy at all.
Here's another pix that shows that it doesn't come out soggy...

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 26, 2014
martyns303: most importantly my garri.
ewwwwwwwwwwww!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by martyns303(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=akitijackson]ewwwwwwwwwwww![/quote
What's with the ewww? undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
OMG Don Jazzy and D banj cooking together, never before seen video here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-wjdGkOSUA?list=UU7acI0vCWJ_abEhQOm0CmyA
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
For all food recipes follow this amazing blog

http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
Grilled Plantain stuffed with Scrambled Eggs recipe here:- http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SewaGRITS(f): 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Cinnamon cupcakes with caramel apple icing...made these last night for dessert at the behest of the kids...

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 2:54am On Jul 27, 2014
SewaGRITS:
It's really not though. After baking most of the coconut milk/cream thickens and is absorbed, and leaves a sticky glaze on the outside...not soggy at all.
Here's another pix that shows that it doesn't come out soggy...
Nice shot, yum yum.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SewaGRITS(f): 5:50am On Jul 27, 2014
touchmeder: Nice shot, yum yum.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SewaGRITS(f): 5:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Tonight's dinner for the hubby...he's growing ewedu (as well as tete, okra, and corn) in our backyard garden. Mumsy sent the seeds over for him. So here's me trying my best to make fresh ewedu, gbegiri (shelling the beans - - not fun for an OCD person like me; have to pick each and every single hull I find; needless to say it takes me forever which is why I love it when I find them already peeled), and chicken stew :-)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iyawomide(f): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
SewaGRITS: Tonight's dinner for the hubby...he's growing ewedu (as well as tete, okra, and corn) in our backyard garden. Mumsy sent the seeds over for him. So here's me trying my best to make fresh ewedu, gbegiri (shelling the beans - - not fun for an OCD person like me; have to pick each and every single hull I find; needless to say it takes me forever which is why I love it when I find them already peeled), and chicken stew :-)

You are really trying for your man. It's cool you have a garden with his food. I might try that for my guy.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
I really love your garden. I want one but time.
My goal is to plant scent leaf, Ugwu and Nigeria spinach.

Did you plant into the ground? Share your planting idea.

If you give me your plate, i will eat only the stew and meat grin. The only time i eat ewedu is when my mom once in blue moon used it for Ogbono.

SewaGRITS: Tonight's dinner for the hubby...he's growing ewedu (as well as tete, okra, and corn) in our backyard garden. Mumsy sent the seeds over for him. So here's me trying my best to make fresh ewedu, gbegiri (shelling the beans - - not fun for an OCD person like me; have to pick each and every single hull I find; needless to say it takes me forever which is why I love it when I find them already peeled), and chicken stew :-)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunri(f): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Boiled plantain n efo riro

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Food

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
armyofone: why the sausage come burn for one side now, please no let real life mighty sausage burn o.

Nice one....my mom favorite soup, Okra and Ogbono with magala, tinko, bonga, prawns, crayfish, dried expensive catfish and hot yellow yam poundo.
We go chop finish, over belly filled, and start gisting grin

Burning real life sausage? That one is suicide cheesy

As for the bonga, fish etc. How does she manage the fish bones. bonga fish is one fish I can never put in my soup. Tiny bones that will hook your throat and you forget the whole meal.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
Yamarita with fish sauce
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SewaGRITS(f): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
Chillisauce: Food

Looks good! I remember the first time I ate tomato eggs and dudu...OMGosh! I didn't think a food combination could be so good! Is the last picture efo riro?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
AdeSuave: Yamarita with fish sauce

Have you seen my post on Yamarita darling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-wjdGkOSUA?list=UU7acI0vCWJ_abEhQOm0CmyA

www.saiprojectscooking..com
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SewaGRITS(f): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
armyofone: I really love your garden. I want one but time.
My goal is to plant scent leaf, Ugwu and Nigeria spinach.

Did you plant into the ground? Share your planting idea.

If you give me your plate, i will eat only the stew and meat grin. The only time i eat ewedu is when my mom once in blue moon used it for Ogbono.

Ohh, ogbono is next on my list of soups to learn! Any tips and a plate of gbegiri and chicken stew may be coming your way wink?

We did plant it in the ground. Sometimes I plant in containers and sometimes in a small plot along my side fence where I get the most sunlight. I love backyard gardening, and have planted corn, tomatoes, peppers, peas, okra, cucumbers, melons, squash, zucchini, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, lettuce, and carrots. If you plant in a container box or in a few planters on your back porch it is not time consuming (I.e. You don't have to do a lot of weeding or ground prep). My advice would be to start simple (2-3 easy to grow plants in a few containers or a 4x4 container box).
The good thing about the ewedu, efo tete and efo shoko that my husband planted is that it is very prolific. These bad boys grew like weeds, and we still have so much tete and shoko that I will be freezing it. It has also been very low maintenance. All we do is water, and about once every couple of weeks I'll go out and weed it. Now oko mi's style of planting is different than mine. He throws so many seeds out there and mixes them all up that I guess that's why we've had very few weeds, whereas I do neat and orderly rows with space between each plant. Whatever works, right! Anyway, try it. It's the best thing because you know you're getting food free of pesticides, it's the freshest you could ever get, and you're increasing your ability to provide for you and your family and be self-reliant in the event of food scarcity.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
I think the secret my mom used was making sure it was chucked...sort of just open the fish in the middle, remove the mid and side bones that was it. We are left with eating with care...those tit bit bones are no fun but bonga is tasty fish. Really nice in ogbono and okra soup.
Do you know who does the smoking or if Bonga fish was imported like that from somewhere?

Chillisauce:

Burning real life sausage? That one is suicide cheesy

As for the bonga, fish etc. How does she manage the fish bones. bonga fish is one fish I can never put in my soup. Tiny bones that will hook your throat and you forget the whole meal.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
babymama3: Yum

Now that looks colourful and lovely. Healthy too - me likey!

Double yum-yum cheesy

Is that a huge piece of steak on the plate? smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beeevan: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Cococandy, my version of wheat chin chin.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beeevan: 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
Longest time madam Efe, how are the boys and little madam? Hope y'all are doing great.

Chillisauce the chips n eggs is mouth watering but e no go belleful me ,your food too dey smalloooundecided.I will make sure I visit you with a loaf of bread, in case if you serve me nwa nchikiri something grin.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunri(f): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
a. Rice, salad n steak
b. Eba n efo

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
Look very good.
kiss

I even like the size not those small ones that makes you bite your tongue.
beeevan: Cococandy, my version of wheat chin chin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.