Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? (2636 Views)

How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) / How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos / Who Knows About Forever Living Products? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by feyifassy: 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2012
Somebody sent me a huge amount of money from UK through epay. I was asked by their agent i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Abuja to pay 1500 naira into their account for bank draft since am not in abuja. But after the guy has confirmed the payment for the bankdraft, he only picked my calls once asking me to wait for like 30 minures to complete the transaction. 30 minutes has expired and the guy refuse to pick my calls. Have I been duped ? Somebody should please help. If you know anything about epay or the location of their office i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ abuja should please let me know.
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by arbitrage: 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
What did you buy or what business transaction did you carry out with epay that warrants someone sending you huge some from the UK? If there was no business dealings and it was just philanthropic promise of money you got from the UK sender, does that mean you have not heard of such phony phone calls from the UK asking people to get in touch with someone coming to or living in Nigeria in order to collect monetary and material gifts being sent down? It's a common 419 practice.
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by feyifassy: 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
arbitrage: What did you buy or what business transaction did you carry out with epay that warrants someone sending you huge some from the UK? If there was no business dealings and it was just philanthropic promise of money you got from the UK sender, does that mean you have not heard of such phony phone calls from the UK asking people to get in touch with someone coming to or living in Nigeria in order to collect monetary and material gifts being sent down? It's a common 419 practice.
Thanks for your response. I didn't buy anything! Its actually a good friend of mine that sent d money to me and she gave me all details for the collection. Its actually 3500 pounds that she sent but I only pay 15000 naira for d bankdraft which I think its normal cos I ve receievd money through monegram etc where banks do normally collect charges.
it happened today and I ve been tryin to reach out to my friend with no avail. Could it be my friend connived with some people to dupe me of just 15k or its the handiwork of the agent ? I care little about the 15K but my concern is about the 875k
I need answer pls friend. If you have similar experient,let me know pls...
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by legalwealth(m): 11:22am On Dec 08, 2012
feyifassy:
Thanks for your response. I didn't buy anything! Its actually a good friend of mine that sent d money to me and she gave me all details for the collection. Its actually 3500 pounds that she sent but I only pay 15000 naira for d bankdraft which I think its normal cos I ve receievd money through monegram etc where banks do normally collect charges.
it happened today and I ve been tryin to reach out to my friend with no avail. Could it be my friend connived with some people to dupe me of just 15k or its the handiwork of the agent ? I care little about the 15K but my concern is about the 875k
I need answer pls friend. If you have similar experient,let me know pls...

Sorry!Bye to your 15k

You be greedy man and this is good for you.

Lesson for other people.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by arbitrage: 11:48am On Dec 08, 2012
legalwealth:

Sorry!Bye to your 15k

You be greedy man and this is good for you.

Lesson for other people.

You mean his friend promising to send him money amounts to greediness? Please, avoid error of hasty generalization.
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by legalwealth(m): 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
arbitrage:

You mean his friend promising to send him money amounts to greediness? Please, avoid error of hasty generalization.

What type of good friend and how did they got to know each other as I sensed some kind of Internet Friends where most of them are even disguising yahoo guys?

May I ask OP how he got to know his friend that promised to send him such money where ....

Let me stop here till I get response from OP himself.
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by badesco(m): 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
Are you a Nigerian? If yes then i take to a Mugun and a greedy person. That serves you right as you want to reap where you have not sow. Thank your God that it is just a small amount, had it been is something bigger then .............
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by legalwealth(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
badesco: Are you a Nigerian? If yes then i take to a Mugun and a greedy person. That serves you right as you want to reap where you have not sow. Thank your God that it is just a small amount, had it been is something bigger then .............

Thanks for joinning me in calling a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by DTalented(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
Eyaaa.
Why are you guys adding salt to injury?
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by dady12: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
how did you know this your friend in uk?is it a nigerian or just internet friend?ve you contact him since you are unable to collect the money?infact mr man,you are a fool,you are lucky for just only 15k, now you ve been dupe that you come here to tell us that you ve been dupe,why not you come here to tell the first time before you made the payment? idiot

1 Like

Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by straneur(m): 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
Which Epay? Do you have their website? I know one epay but what website is this so I can be sure because this one can never dupe you.
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by feyifassy: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2012
Thanks y'all for your responses ! Yes, I was truely duped! I happily take all the blame and I admit it that I was greedy . Honestly,I never tought I could be duped like this cos I ve met many scammers but I never fell for them. But I have to let it go now, thank God its just 15k. I can trace the scammer through the bank acct but I won't bother to do that.
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by feyifassy: 8:27am On Dec 09, 2012
dady12: how did you know this your friend in uk?is it a nigerian or just internet friend?ve you contact him since you are unable to collect the money?infact mr man,you are a fool,you are lucky for just only 15k, now you ve been dupe that you come here to tell us that you ve been dupe,why not you come here to tell the first time before you made the payment? idiot
I won't blame u for U̶̲̥̅̊я response,I dnt deserve that. I wish you could get d whole gist. I came here for advise and not to be castigated like a kid. Am not a fool but thanks for calling me a fool anyway!
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by feyifassy: 8:29am On Dec 09, 2012
dady12: how did you know this your friend in uk?is it a nigerian or just internet friend?ve you contact him since you are unable to collect the money?infact mr man,you are a fool,you are lucky for just only 15k, now you ve been dupe that you come here to tell us that you ve been dupe,why not you come here to tell the first time before you made the payment? idiot
Insult upon injury!I won't blame u for U̶̲̥̅̊я response,I deserve that. I wish you could get d whole gist. I came here for advise and not to be castigated like a kid. Am not a fool but thanks for calling me a fool anyway!
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by legalwealth(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
feyifassy: Thanks y'all for your responses ! Yes, I was truely duped! I happily take all the blame and I admit it that I was greedy . Honestly,I never tought I could be duped like this cos I ve met many scammers but I never fell for them. But I have to let it go now, thank God its just 15k. I can trace the scammer through the bank acct but I won't bother to do that.

Good for accepting your mistake.

We will still like to hear the full gist so as to learn as well from your mistake.
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by feyifassy: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2012
Am not even interested i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ thinking about it talkless of telling d whole gist to people. Can anyone tell me how to remove this post
Re: Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? by mayhez(m): 12:47am On Dec 22, 2012
Thank God that urs was 15K, my was 21,760 and we were both scammed thesame day, we just have to take courage, they used thesame scope for us. Infact I wonder why people talk anyhow and even the kind of nonsensical statements that came out of some forum members here. We are not here to_laugh_ another people please, we are sharing our experiences with you guys so that u will not fall victim. I have been in this forum as far back as 2007 but I have not been actively using the forum but when I saw this guy article, it was then I knew I have also been scammed, infact our cases are not different but I have decided to bring out the details they used in scamming Me here:

ePay SYSTEM,Sender : Cassandra,
Duration : 24hrs,Amount :
4000GBP,Location :AMSRTERDAM,
Transaction Code : 6532996GBP,
Bank drafts:85GBP

BB Pin: 2A82FDB1
Mobile No: 08106075313
Bank Details
Lawal Olamide Monsurat, GTB
Acct No: 0050062284

My fellow Nairalanders those are there scamming tools, Beware!!!

(1) (Reply)

Atpay Forum / Start Investing For You Future Here / Checkout The Top 22 Richest Men In Nigeria, 2013- Forbes List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.