Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Why Do You Toast Or Burn You Bread Before Eating It? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do You Toast Or Burn You Bread Before Eating It? (2018 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / Please, Teach Me How To Make Toast Bread / Help On How To Toast Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Toast Or Burn You Bread Before Eating It? by linearity: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
Without using google to search for the benefits or the usual 'it taste better'; why do grown-up men, women wake up in the morning each day and decide to burn their fresh delicious agege bread before eating it?

While toasting my bread this morning, this question came to my mind and the first thing that came out as a defense was 'it taste better'...but the truth is, when I first started this about 10 or more years ago, the fresh agege bread smell and taste better and over the years, my taste buds have adjusted to the toasted bread as been better.

On researching on the internet, I read that it provides more energy, helps weight lost, low fat content and tastes better....but do all these reasons cross your mind each time you burn your bread or it is more of a learned behavior or status for you?
Re: Why Do You Toast Or Burn You Bread Before Eating It? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
I pay more attention to my taste bud. Toast all the way.
Re: Why Do You Toast Or Burn You Bread Before Eating It? by PrettyCindy(f): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
No matter how delicious or special a bread is, the taste is never the same when toasted. I love the crunchy feeling i get when eating it hot and fresh from the pan. I prefer frying pan toasted bread sandwich to toaster machine. The only time i dont toast my bread before eating is if i‘m in a hurry or very very hungry.
Re: Why Do You Toast Or Burn You Bread Before Eating It? by Africanbites: 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
This question made me think deep and here is my honest answer - It is force of habit
Re: Why Do You Toast Or Burn You Bread Before Eating It? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
I don't really like toasted bread, for me bread is supposed to be soft and not like biscuit.

It reminds me of francophone bread! Very hard to tear with hand or mouth. wink

(1) (Reply)

Ewedu Can Prevent And Cure Ebola - PROFESSOR / Things Needed In A Kitchen / The Different Types Of Peppers We Have In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.