Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? (3560 Views)

Why Did Men Stop Wearing High Heels? / At What Age Do You Think A Woman Should Stop Wearing Short Items? Skirts, Gown ? / Girls That Dress Like Boys! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by justin04(m): 3:51am On Apr 24, 2006
I am in my late 30s. Only have a black suit for occassions like weddings, burials and formal parties, well maybe three. I own my business so dress code is out of the question. . But seriously, most of my collection of clothes are urban wear. The question my wife asked me on my last birthday was "When will I stop dressing like a boy"? So I will like to know at what age should men start dressing like men?
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by Zahymaka(m): 4:18am On Apr 24, 2006
It depends on her preferences. If dressing like a boy means jeans and t-shirts I'm all for it. You could point out to your wife that you don't wear suspenders or those canvas shoes with lights under them.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by mmomi(f): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2006
Hello Justin,

You look good in those pics BUT
Are you sure she likes those earrings

It pains wifey so so much when her husby doesn't dress the way she prefers.

*It doesn't matter matters a lot*

Please surprise my sis ok.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by OldGlory1(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2006
If wearing Jeans a nice shirt and my Nike trainers is boyish, then i guess you can call me a Boy. Not interested in Suits. The best i can do is a sports jacket with Jeans. No three piece, nothing too corporate. If it fits, and is comfortable, then count me in.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by glamrocka(f): 2:15am On Apr 25, 2006
Hi Justin

Aww, i think there really should be nothing like age to limit dress sense, because the way you dress reflects who you are and your personality. I know with age ppl might tone down just how juvenile they look if i may use that term, while retaining some elements of who they are. Oh man i dont think there is a problem except maybe your wife who has expressed concern.

I, like you hate suits, my wardrobe mainly reflects my rock scene lifestyle and hate anything stuffy. I am a free spirit and if someone told me not to dress the way i do then they'd be clipping my wings so to speak.

hey never stop dressing like a boy! the younger you feel the younger you'll stay
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by hotangel2(f): 3:26am On Apr 25, 2006
Like zah said, point it out to her that you don't wear canvas that sings and has lights under them. Urban wears and jean pants doesn't mean u r still a boy.

But i must say, add some collections to ur wardrobe, don't have to be suit, just some really posh pants and shirts. U know the likes that still make me as young as u want, but will still do a meeting.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by taiwotee: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2006
hi hot_angel
how are you doing , can you please show up your face in that pics you put right there , or gat some problem with your look , huh
gat that right , nice to meet you pretty soon. shocked grin
;z [flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by kimba(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2006
hi Justin,

i think you better ask your wife whats her definition of a well dressed man. If it includes wearing suits, maybe you can think about it, at least if that will make her happy!!! grin grin

A Husband's job is to make his wife HAPPY!!!!!
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by glamrocka(f): 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2006
Taiwotee OFF TOPICCCCCCCCCCC grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by spikedcylinder: 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2006
mmomi,is Justin your brother in law?
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by Idekeson(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2006
If you know your style, you got no problem. Knowing what to wear and when to wear is the key.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by Badman888(m): 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2006
It also depends on ur profession Musicans would dress different from a lawyer
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by mmomi(f): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2006
spikedcylinder:

mmomi,is Justin your brother in law?

Are you not my sis too? biko tell me
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by Oyin100(f): 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2006
Justin, it's always good to dress as freely as you want. Sometimes however, some nice (designer) shirts are better than t-shirts. Maybe all you need is just to mix your t-shirt/jeans style with a little shirt/pants style. That would give you a new look once in a while, and less complaints.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by hotangel2(f): 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2006
Oyin100:

Justin, it's always good to dress as freely as you want. Sometimes however, some nice (designer) shirts are better than t-shirts. Maybe all you need is just to mix your t-shirt/jeans style with a little shirt/pants style. That would give you a new look once in a while, and less complaints.

Exactly.

Taiwo --- uhnn, i like my face n thats why im keeping it away from u
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by gidig(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2006
Justin,

I think you can actually achieve a balance with your wife by combining the two.There are now corporate wear that are casual (forget tie here!) but you will need a good jacket though.you can combine great 'formal' colourful shirts with your jeans and chinos. There are hybrid shoes now;they are for work and play.In lagos, you will hear a lot about divers and stuffs like that.Give your 'wifey' this options.

Own your own business? I can feel you my bro. I run a growing business with my freinds too and there are days I am tempted to dress to work in a Danshiki!All my freinds have been saying that my wife will have work to do when I do get married.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by spikedcylinder: 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2006
gidig:

All my freinds have been saying that my wife will have work to do when I do get married.

Am sure! tongue
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by raphy(m): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2006
hi dude,
it doest matter wht u wear but if u r married it matter,cuz u v to change d way u do things.u dress code must b like a man if u like wearing short, u can do it in style dont dress like kid @justin u better know how u dress cuz ur wife may be angry 4it dont get me wrong ppl, ;if i dont say it right leme know ppl ok sad undecided cry
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by adexway(m): 9:21am On Apr 26, 2006
Funny though but I think at the age he starts getting matured in thoughts and actions; thinking less of himself and thinking more of others (this is indirectly thinking of himself; he tries to say what will ***** say if I dress this shabby?); at the age he starts carrying responsibilities; at the age his ego puffs him to say "I can care for myself.
That's my thought. wink
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by kajad(m): 9:42am On Apr 26, 2006
At what Age do men stop dressing like boys?. . .
Once you get married; your dressing code should change to a married status wink
You should dress to comfort and also consideration for your wife.
There are jeans and t-shirt for boys and there are jeans and t-shirt for men. If your are the casual type, there are wonderful casuals for men!
All it takes is a little circumspection and you will be good to go as a man in dressing ofcourse smiley
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by tipsy289(m): 9:10pm On Apr 26, 2006
You shld dress the way u like but i guess if its wearn jeans,T-shirts or polo shirts,u know stuff like that,there is nothin boyish there infact i think ur wife wants u in trad and suits all the time,but i dont think ur style is boyish and so thats not a good remark by ur wife.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by gidig(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2006
@kajad, I agree with you absolutely.
Also need to add that [art of loving your wife is to really making some compromises for her.If she wants to show you off as hers, you better get the specifications right.Perhaps, you guys can shop together and reach a compromise!

good luck!
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by cryptobuzz(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2006
My wardrobe is varied because I not only buy my own clothes, I occasionally give my partners/girlfriends money to shop for me.

In your case, since you are married let her buy your clothes, you can get yourself the occasional jeans or shoes. She holds herself directly responsible for your appearance, and health, otherwise why should she care?
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by Zeus2(m): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2006
Like you said? it`s what makes you comfortable,
I still prefer seeing an older boy in jeans and smart pin down tops (or sharp shirts),
than seeing an older boy (in his 30`s) in over starched native feeling like an over fed politician,
that`s speaking for myself
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by donmayor(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2006
dress like a man, dresslike a boy, dress like a girl sef, wat matters is is there moni in the pocket of the cloth u r wearing?
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by diddy4(m): 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2006
some women like their men in coperate all the time while some dont. as far as you aint dressing gangsta, thats ok. my gal likes me when i wear everything thats my size not an oversize like all this american dudes. just look responsible. u dont need suit for that.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by eveseh(f): 8:02pm On May 07, 2006
at 20 maybe
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by fellybabe(f): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2008
Huh, men can't stop to dressing like a boy till they age. B4 my grand dad died,he still wear three quarter on snicker with face cap(polo) and i admired him till he gave up ghost.
My husband like to dress like dat 2 but wouldn't want me 2 dress like a girl but instead like a responsible married woman.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by fellybabe(f): 8:06am On Jun 08, 2008
They want to be admired and some don't want their wife to dress girlie.u can dress girlie and stil look responsible as a wife.
I remember a drama dat happened one evening,we had a birthday party 2 attend.i knew my hubby was going 2 dress like a boy and so i bought myself a very hot spagetti short gown.not dat short(knee length).it was low front and low back and was embelished with sequence and stones infact very perfect 4 an evening party.
I dressed up and he was staring at me and asked if i could change d dress and i asked him why He said,it's too hot on me and i can only wear it at home 4 him 2 admire and not my friends nor his friend.
Ladies in da house,it can be very annoying when u buy dress 4 a particular party and ur husband wouldn't allow you 2 wear it. I was so mad.my boobs wasn't showing,so what's d problem.4 two hrs we were stil argueing on dressing girlie.he wants me wear sequence iro and buba and he wears d same sequence lace too or i wear d dress and no party 4 d two of us.
Re: At What Age Do Men Stop Dressing Like Boys? by okwabayi(m): 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
If there is no problem present a woman will always create one so she can find something to nag about.
There is no set definition to ways a man should dress. If she wants you to stop dressing boyish tell her to buy you matured clothes she fancies then try them on once in a while.
The last time I checked even 90 year old men wear loose fitting t-shirts because of comfort.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Casual Wears For Men !!!!!!!!!! / Stylish And Chic Office Wears | Fashionable Office Wear Style Inspirations / Chioma Omeniho Needs Your Votes To Win Miss Africa US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.