Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Patch Of Black - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Patch Of Black (10312 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patch Of Black by Idowuogbo(f): 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
Oahray: Hahahaha.... Kai. Una funny doi!

@tchidi, thanks for the compliments jare. U know say u be my personal person na. I dnt want u to be my Rachael tongue Be my tchidi, she is more special.
Meet Idowu, aka badosky, the baddest, razzest babe on nairaland. Dnt mind the fronting o. She's another smart alec. grin
Dats rite! Tell em bebe! kiss kiss

Oahray: lol. U ehn grin
Wot? grin grin face ya story joor! Am waiting....
Re: Patch Of Black by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
undecided undecided undecided
Behaving like wot? U guessed rite for d first time and u feeling like u got some paranormal powers? I laugh in my Indian accent *nehinehinehi* u no me NOT!!
Funny pikin grin. There's actually no reason, jes wanted to know. You're way too playful and I can't tell when you're serious. You're still new tto me sha, I guess with time I'd be able to tell.
Re: Patch Of Black by Idowuogbo(f): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
Vanneni: Funny pikin grin. There's actually no reason, jes wanted to know. You're way too playful and I can't tell when you're serious. You're still new tto me sha, I guess with time I'd be able to tell.
Am Neva serious online! Wot u see, it's wot u get. cool
Re: Patch Of Black by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
B who's Rachael? If I deep hand inside dry pepper stamp ya face dia! Kangaroo! Get behind me joor!

Oahray, warn dis babe o angry angry
tchidi:
shocked
shocked shocked shocked
Jesu!!! Oahray, just one story and you hired a bodyguard ni? If u reach Cyprain ekwensi grade, na SSS go de folo u oº°˚! Haaa!! undecided. I no wan be Rachel again. Aunty nor vesk!!
Lol grin
Re: Patch Of Black by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Am Neva serious online! Wot u see, it's wot u get. cool
ok narindoyou *in Idowuogbo's accent*
Re: Patch Of Black by Idowuogbo(f): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
Vanneni: ok narindoyou *in Idowuogbo's accent*
Na so! *in skibanj's voice* Oshe! cheesy
Re: Patch Of Black by Oahray: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
vanneni and badosky why? *weeping* dem don turn am to chat thread angry
Re: Patch Of Black by Idowuogbo(f): 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
Am sowwwriee!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Patch Of Black by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
cheesygrin
Re: Patch Of Black by Sabretooth1(m): 12:06am On Dec 15, 2012
Nice one bro. *following*
Re: Patch Of Black by Splendblex(f): 10:22am On Dec 15, 2012
Welldone bro!
Re: Patch Of Black by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
Oaray come and continue with your stories na. It reminds me of those English literature texts I used in secondary school eg without a silver spoon.
Re: Patch Of Black by Idowuogbo(f): 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ray! cry cry cry
Re: Patch Of Black by Oahray: 12:06am On Dec 16, 2012
At exactly 11:59pm on the fourth schoolday of my third week in secondary school, the new worst day of my life had just a minute remaining in it.

No, it was not the day Rachael left. That was months ago. I had started to get used to it.

It was not the day papa lashed at me for the sins of my brothers. Papa had since replaced the television, and my twin brothers had calmed down after that. Not that they quashed their rivalry, they simply fought less and respected me more.

That thursday began much like every other week day.
Mama always made sure we got ready on time.
Ehi had started school.

That morning, the four of us set out. I felt good in my 3weeks old white shirt and blue trousers. It was a mark of seniority as far as I was concerned. The twins wore shorts like other primary school boys did. I wore trousers like other secondary school boys did.

Papa had bought me a rubber wristwatch after I finished my final primary school exams. That was the first time I ever owned a watch that truly worked.

It was quarter past 7am.
I thought of the never-smiling senior prefects at the gate and tried to hurry up, but Ehi was holding on to my left hand and could not keep up.

"Ojie!" someone screamed my name from afar.

I turned to see Ugo hurrying to catch up.
We had been classmates in primary school and it continued into secondary school.

We waited for him.

"Ojie, you do your maths assignment?" he asked as soon as he reached where we were.

"Yes"

"Abeg, I no fit do my own, make I see your own."

"I pulled off my back bag and reached into it".
The growing confusion soon turned to apprehension as I realised my maths note was not among the contents of my bag.

I looked at Ugo. He understood.

"You forget am for house?"

"E be like o" I answered, still confused. I recalled putting all my notebooks on the sitting room table into my bag before I left for school.

"Time still dey o. Make we go house go collect am." he offered.

I usually walked my siblings to their school gate before continuing to mine. This time I bade them goodbye and turned to go back home with Ugo.

"Hey you!" A sharp voice exclaimed.
We turned to see a lanky figure in the same blue and white uniform we wore. His shirt however was long sleeved. It was obvious he was in SS3.

"The two of you, am I not talking to you? Come here and carry my bag!"

I glanced at my watch. It was half past 7am, thirty minutes before the overzealous school prefects locked the gate. I had to go get my maths note.

"Please I forgot my maths note at home. I want to go and collect it" I started to explain.

"Shut up! Did I ask you about your note? Obey before complain."

For a second, I was torn between disobeying this senior and getting lashed by Mr Osahon, our maths teacher.

It didnt take long to decide. I bolted towards home.

"Hey, come back here!" Lanky yelled after me. "Don't let me catch you again o!"

I ignored the threat and continued running, but turned back briefly to see him give Ugo his bag.

It took me less than five minutes to get home.
After some minutes of thoroughly searching with mama, I had not yet found it.

All hope lost, it was a visibly shaken version of me who set out again on that road to school.

I glanced at my watch.

This time, it read 7:53am.
Re: Patch Of Black by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 16, 2012
smileysmiley
Re: Patch Of Black by Idowuogbo(f): 1:02am On Dec 16, 2012
Choi! Wey d big note? Dem go beat my Oahray? Hmmm....

1 Like

Re: Patch Of Black by jslimz(f): 7:36am On Dec 16, 2012
E don be for Ojie!!! Oahray please come and tell us what happened as he got to the school gate.
Re: Patch Of Black by avicky(f): 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Haaa!! Aunty, is everything ok? If u come read titanic nko? Na to carry u go Luth b dat o! shocked shocked
I.D Badosky... Ori e ti fo ka sibe. It hav tay oh.
Re: Patch Of Black by Oahray: 8:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
This time, it read 7:53am.
I raced back to school and time raced with me. I won.
It was 7:58am when I got to the school gate, panting and sweaty.

Then our eyes met. I froze!
Lanky was one of the school prefects. He smiled and locked the gate even when it was still a massive two minutes early.

Th sound of my heart pounding against my chest did not tell the full story. I knew I saw dark sadistic sparkle in his eyes... The avenger.
For a moment I considered going back home. Mama would have none of it.

A sign board nearby read 'WESTERN BOYS HIGH SCHOOL'. It was not the first time I was seeing it, but it was the first time I took special notice of the 'high'. I was not sure why it was included. However a sad realization was starting to sink in.

I occupied one of the lowest rungs of this high school ladder.

Others had joined me at the gate and after what seemed like eternity, the gate was opened. We knew what followed. We trudged in to face the music.
Re: Patch Of Black by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Patch Of Black by Venus20: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nice one...*subscribing* cheesy
Re: Patch Of Black by Ollyfad(f): 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
9c work kip it up.dat wat u gt wen sum seniors r bent on makin d lives of dia juniors miserable
Re: Patch Of Black by Oahray: 12:23am On Jan 03, 2013
After we had all entered, the gates were closed again. I looked around, Lanky was no where in sight. A sigh of relief escaped my lips.

One thick voice began a sermon on how student ought to come early to school. I did not recognize the owner. I did not recognize anyone else there, except two of my classmates and one boy in a higher class who lived some houses away from ours.

I studied Thick Voice carefully. He was short and thickset with a permanent scowl etched across his dark face. As he talked his thick lips regularly parted to reveal a not-so-white set of teeth and a gap at the front of the upper jaw, where a tooth used to be. Something about him reminded me of the motor park touts who pulled at mama's bag or hands in an attempt to convince her and us, her clueless followers to get into the bus they wanted. They scared me everytime.
I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts.
"You!" Thick Voice barked.
It startled me back to reality. Everyone seemed to be looking at me.

Confused, I looked at the speaker. He was looking at me with piercing eyes I had not previously noticed.
Re: Patch Of Black by Idowuogbo(f): 12:28am On Jan 03, 2013
Na lanky o! Ghen Ghen Ghen! Eshin shin carry kpomo! U don jam grin grin
Re: Patch Of Black by Idowuogbo(f): 12:31am On Jan 03, 2013
avicky:
I.D Badosky... Ori e ti fo ka sibe. It hav tay oh.
Baby Victoria! Happy new year o.... I bam o! I enter 2013 wiv swaggs, our redeemer liveth. cheesy cheesy
Re: Patch Of Black by Oahray: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2013
Idowuogbo: Na lanky o! Ghen Ghen Ghen! Eshin shin carry kpomo! U don jam grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Patch Of Black by avicky(f): 3:22am On Jan 03, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Baby Victoria! Happy new year o.... I bam o! I enter 2013 wiv swaggs, our redeemer liveth. cheesy cheesy
Wish u d same. Thank God we made it.
Bado, ori e wa be.
Re: Patch Of Black by Bluesparkles(f): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
Come and update this story jor angry
Re: Patch Of Black by BukkyDan(f): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
*subscribing*
Re: Patch Of Black by Xtranoble: 9:22am On Jan 19, 2013
Matured, calm with much moral lessons. You are a good writer

1 Like

Re: Patch Of Black by Oahray: 10:56am On Jan 19, 2013
Sorry for the break guys... Wrapping this up soon.
Re: Patch Of Black by oyestephen(m): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
I'm following moon man, now patch of black...very nice work bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Offended The gods of the land? / How To Sell A Book In Nigeria / One Man Mopol By Awe Samuel Olutayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.