Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

My Essential Pc Applications - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Essential Pc Applications (1475 Views)

Most Essential Computer Apps / 10 Best Free Essential Software For Your PC / The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Essential Pc Applications by Princejaponais(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2012
Owning a PC or laptop is synonymous to having some functions to be executed. Therefore when one purchases a PC a picture of applications to be installed springs to the mind. This varies according to the purpose the system is purchased for and also according to individuals.
Here is a list of applications I can’t do without on my PC.

Antivirus
No matter the purpose to which a system is to be put to, an antivirus is a must have. This is to ward off threats of viruses, spywares, Trojans and all other possible online menaces. So many abound, from McAfee, Kaspersky, etc. For me the best is Norton antivirus and it has always been present on systems I have owned.

Microsoft Office
Yes this is the ultimate for all word processing application for all using the windows operating system.

ITunes
My favorite media application when it comes to songs. It’s easy to use with its simple interface makes organization of titles easy under playlists. Above all it synchronizes with my best gadgets (iPhone and iPod).

VLC media player
For all video formats playback, VLC is what you should have. Apart from playing all video formats it also boosts the playback volume. It also plays your songs.

Mozilla Firefox
This is my preferred internet browser. Pages open faster and also downloads are quicker compared to the native internet explorer.

Internet download manager (IDM)
My favorite application and the reason is simple, am a heavy downloader. If you are one too, you will agree with me that this is the best internet download manager. Perhaps you have not used this software, please download it and experience its mind blowing download speed. IDM makes downloading from the internet a delight due to its speed.

Social media applications
After s day’s work one will want to unwind by chatting some. Yahoo messenger and Skype do it for me.

Tuneup utilities
For regular checks and repairs tuneup utilities is the right tool for me. It carries out regular sanitation and repairs on my system. Tuneup utilities do not only carry out repair and cleaning but it also does tweaking on the system.

Games
When it comes to games on a system, I stick only to board games. My favorites: scrabble and monopoly. Absolute delights to me.
What do you think of my choice? Let me know and if you think there is an application I ought to have, feel free to let me know in the comment zone.
Re: My Essential Pc Applications by dasdexter(m): 7:05am On Dec 10, 2012
dude i lyk ur list, xcept for d game part, & u should check windows customization apps dat allows change d logon screen of ur windows startup to any pix u lyk d software is called custopack, dere's anoda one rocketdock-gives u dat apple os interface on a windows, poweriso-helps u burn apps or mediafiles to a disk, & also try splash player jst lyk vlc, photoshop.

1 Like

Re: My Essential Pc Applications by dasdexter(m): 7:09am On Dec 10, 2012
and hey if u want to dload applications with full versions for free visit www.brtricks.com

1 Like

Re: My Essential Pc Applications by lecky2012: 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
pls see the following link if you want to browse for various antivirus and utility softwares
[url][/url]http://www.willie123softwares..com/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Screen Replacement For HP ENVY 15t 15" / London Used Dell Laptop For Sale At #18,000 / Very Clean American Used HP Pavilion Dv6000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.