Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,907 members, 7,841,412 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Read Charles Okah's Prison Letters - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Read Charles Okah's Prison Letters (954 Views)

Charles Okocha's Thanksgiving For Surviving Bullets (Photos) / Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery / Nigerian Tax Authorities Will Not Spare Linda Ikeji Next Year - Charles Novia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read Charles Okah's Prison Letters by amakaikeng(f): 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
By now some of you are familiar with the sensational Charles Okah's prison ordeal, but in case you are not, here's a very insightful letter into what his life has been like in Kuje prison but first, in italics are the words of the former Minister of FCT Mallam Nasir El-Rufai as culled from his website...

Dear readers – I wanted to share with you this letter from Charles Okah, who is currently held in prison where he has been pressured to fabricate accusations against critics of the government and subjected to the worse kind of abuse. His story speaks for itself. – Nasir El-Rufai.

Now read Charles Okah's prison letter below...

Charles T. Okah
Single Cell Block
Kuje Prison
Abuja, Nigeria.

His Eminence
Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie
c/o Catholic Church Secretariat
Lagos, Nigeria.
Your Eminence:

October 1 2010 Bomb Blast Setup and Government Double Standard
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, and I hope this letter meets you well. The reasons I choose to direct this letter to you are that I am a Catholic and you are an old boy of my alma mater, St. Gregory’s College, Lagos.

I write from Kuje Prison Abuja where two other Catholics and I have been languishing in solitary confinement for 2 years on trumped-up charges relating to the October 1, 2010 bomb attack claimed by the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND).

My name is Charles Tonbra Okah, aka Billy Bones. On October 16, 2010 my residence in Apapa GRA was invaded by operatives of the State Security Services on the warrant that I was the suspected spokesman for MEND using the pseudonym “Jomo Gbomo.” My eldest son, visiting from the United States where he attends the University of Kansas (KU) was also arrested...Continue from the link to read the rest of this entry and share your thoughts on it...http://amakaikenga..com/2012/12/letter-of-day-charles-okahs-prison.html

(1) (Reply)

Recent Photos Of Rapper 2shotz / Picture Of Bimbo Akintola Without MAKE-UP / "Michael Jackson Didn't Know How To Put A Condom On-personal Doctor Reveals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.