Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! (2318 Views)

Sign Your Offer Of Appointment Letter...from Job Career Limited / Check Out The Mail I Received From Exxonmobil Corporation! / Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Compass 06 Collection Of Appointment Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! by AdexOmoby(f): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
ATTN: ADEYEMO OMOBOLANLE OLUWATOYIN,

With reference to your application with us, as screened and evaluated by us over your submitted resume/CV, CROWN OIL UK, is pleased to offer you a provisional appointment as a SITE SUPERVISOR. We are desirous of having you work with us after this assessment by us, as we see your skills as valued addition to our company and our clients respectively.

It is expected that you join us as early as possible but not later than one (1) Month, beyond which the offer would be in abeyance, until a new date may be considered by us. On acceptance of this Appointment you are to submit the following referenced documents below to us via email and also be present with the below requirements on your Visa interview date:

1. One (1) Passport Size photograph.
2. Your Signed copy of the Work Contract Agreement Paper as attached herein.
3. British Work Permit/Clearance.
4. Police Character Report.
5. Medical Fitness Report.

This Offer of Expatriate Work contract is contingent upon the fulfillment of all the above referenced engagement provisions within the time frame allotted to it.

Kindly, acknowledge the receipt of this offer and if acceptable by you, sign the agreement copy as a token of your acceptance and return same to us within Two days of acceptance.

Due to past experiences the company has had with International and local staffs working with us currently, alongside the current security challenges in your country ,the Company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidate to submit a POLICE CHARACTER REPORT AND A VALID BRITISH WORK CLEARANCE PAPER. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be legally and officially cleared by the companies anti-terror department so as to make sure that we are employing a terror free applicant into our reputable firm so as not to fall victim to predators as advised by our security department in line with the current security challenges.

Due to long distance and the short time frame in booking an appointment with the companies soliciting law firm, you are advised to make contact with the companies solicitors via their phone/email contact, as stated below to enable you meet up with the Visa interview slated to take place on the 17TH Of DECEMBER in Abuja, Nigeria. As soon as you complete their procedures they will forward the soft copies of your procured POLICE CHARACTER REPORT AND A VALID BRITISH WORK CLEARANCE PAPER. which you are to come along with on the interview date for security reasons.

The resident work permit clearance certificate that is needed for any Employee to work in the UK should come from the UK Immigration here in the UK. Therefore attached to this mail is a UK Visa Form that will be Filled in block letters and submitted.
We will take care of the expenses and the provision of the RESIDENT PERMIT PAPER AND VISA. Employees would have to provide a Scan Copy of their International passport to enable us undertake the processing of their resident permit paper issue.

Below is the contact information of the Attorney that you are to contact immediately to obtain a valid clearance document as stipulated above

EAGLE SQUARE CHAMBERS
Contact Name: Barr Mark .O. Ajah (Esq.) LL.B,B.L (Nigeria)
Designation: Legal Practitioner & Immigration Attorney
Telephone: +234-708-405-6738,
Email: barr.markajah@gmail.com
Address: #20, Abdulkadir Ahmed Road
Opposite State Library
Commercial Layout Bauchi, Federal Republic of Nigeria

DATE OF INTERVIEW- 17TH OF DECEMBER, 2012

VENUE OF INTERVIEW-British High Commission (Management and Visa Sections)
Address: Chancery Building 19 Torren Close
Off Mississippi Street,
Off Shehu Shagari Way (North)
Maitama Abuja.
TIME-10AM
Page 1
''THIS IS THE CONTENTS OF THE SUPPOSED UK VIS FORM I GOT''
THIS FORM IS SUPPLIED FREE OF CHARGE IM2A (Revised 12/01)
Application for United Kingdom entry clearance Reference:
Please read the information on page 3 before completing this form
Type of entry clearance required (please tick appropriate boxes)
Transit
Visitor six months one year Two years five years
Student Please also complete form IM2S
Settlement As spouse/fiancé(e)/other relative/partner. Please also complete form IM2B
Long Stay: Returning resident
Two recent
photographs to be
attached here
Dependant of any applicant in long stay categories
Permit free employment/Retired Person of Independent
Means/Investor
Working Holidaymaker/Work permit holder/Innovator or to
establish a business/Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
Please also complete form
IM2C (except HSMP)
Certificate of entitlement, UK ancestry Please also complete form IM2D
Are you applying as a non-EEA dependant of an EEA national? Yes No
Please answer all questions
1. Full name (as shown in
your passport)
2. Any other names you
have been known by
3. Date of Birth 4. Sex M F 5. Place of birth
6. Father’s full name
7. Mother’s full name
8. Current Nationality 9. Country of residence
10. Home Address
Telephone number
11. Are you? Married Single Divorced Widowed Separated
If married, full name of spouse
Date of birth of Spouse Where is your spouse now?
12. Passport or travel document number Place of issue
Date of issue Date of expiry
If not travelling on own passport please give the following details:
Name of passport
holder Your relationship to passport holder
Complete here if dependants included on your passport are travelling with you
Name Place Of Birth Date Of Birth Relationship To You Nationality
Page 2
13. Is this your first passport? Yes No If no, provide details of previous passport(s)
Number Place of issue Number Place of issue
14. Have you ever applied for UK entry clearance? Yes No
If yes, please give dates and places of application
15. Have you visited the UK before? Yes No
If yes, please give dates and length of each stay
16. Have you ever been refused UK entry clearance, refused
leave to enter the UK or had your leave to enter or remain
cancelled?
Yes No If yes, complete IM2E
17. Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise
required to leave the UK? Yes No
18. Have you ever been refused an Entry Clearance or been
deported from another country? Yes No
If yes, please give country and date
19. Do you have any criminal convictions? Yes No
20. Have you ever been a charge on public funds in the UK? Yes No
21. Type of visit: (1) Private (2) Business (3) Family (4) Other
If (3): family member’s name and relationship to you
If (4): specify reason
22. Have you any other reason for travelling to the UK? Yes No Please specify
23. How long do you intend to stay in the UK? 24. Date of arrival
25. How much money is available to you for your stay?
26. Who is paying for your ticket?
27. Intended address in the UK
Postcode Telephone number
28. Do you have any friends or relatives in the UK? Yes No If yes, please give details to include a
contact number
29. What is your present job?
30. What date did you start this job? 31. What is your annual income?
32. Where do you work (name, address and telephone number)?
Declaration – to be completed by all applicants
Please tick to confirm that you have read and understood the information on page 3
I declare that the information given on pages 1 and 2 of this application is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Information given will be treated in confidence. I understand that the information on this form may be disclosed to the
Department of Work and Pensions in the UK for the purpose of determining benefit claims and to the Department of Health
in the UK for the purpose of investigating payment for any NHS treatment. I agree to the information on this form being
used for these purposes.
Applicant’s Signature Date
Page 3
Application for United Kingdom entry clearance
INFORMATION
Please read these instructions before completing the application form. You are asked to sign the form to confirm
that you have taken note of the contents (if you have downloaded this form from the internet, please also sign each
page where indicated).
Completing the form
Your application form should be accompanied by:
· The correct fee (entry clearance fees will not be refunded)
· Two recent passport-sized photographs (not more than six months old)
· Your current passport
· Other documents as required. Please refer to the information leaflets.
· The appropriate fee plus postage if required
Please complete the form in black ink and tick the boxes that apply.
Applicants must complete all the questions on the form, any additional forms stated and the declaration. Applicants should
put ‘N/A’ where a question is not applicable to them.
A separate form should be completed by every person intending to travel unless you are a dependant under 16 included on
your parent’s Passport.
Your entry clearance
An entry clearance can be a Visa or an Entry Certificate
Your visa or entry certificate will have effect as leave to enter when you arrive in the UK. Visit entry clearances will be valid
for unlimited journeys within the validity period. The duration of each visit will be limited to a maximum period of six months.
The expiry date reflects the date on which both the entry clearance and any leave to enter conferred by the entry clearance
are no longer effective. Therefore, you will be required to leave the UK by the expiry date.
Even if you hold a valid entry clearance you may still be examined by an Immigration Officer on arrival in the United
Kingdom. You can still be refused entry to the UK by an Immigration Officer if they are satisfied that:
(a) your entry clearance was obtained by false representations or by failure to disclose material, whether or not you
knew of these actions;
or
(b) there is a change in circumstances between the date of your application and your arrival in the UK; or refusal is justified
on medical grounds, because you are subject to a deportation order, or because your exclusion would be conducive to the
public good.
An Immigration Officer may also vary or suspend your leave to enter on arrival in the UK.
An Immigration Officer can ask anyone to be medically examined on arrival in the UK, if they consider it necessary. You may
be required to have a medical examination before your entry clearance is issued.
Non-EEA Dependant of an EEA national
This category is for non-EEA (European Economic Area) national family members of EEA nationals who are applying for a
family permit to go to the UK to install themselves with the EEA national. See also the EEA nationals information leaflet.
Drugs Warning
The UK has severe penalties against drug smuggling. Drug traffickers may try to bribe travellers. If
you are travelling to the UK avoid any involvement with drugs.
Page 4
FOR OFFICE USE ONLY
CASH REGISTER DETAILS
Issue Refuse Tier ECO Time Taken Authorising
ECO Date
Category Type Code Police Y/N?
Date Effective Date Of Expiry Vignette Number 3
Check 1 Check 2
ECM Issue Check (Name & Date)

Pls who has gotten stuff like this or who appled for a job in crown oilThe truth is dat crown oil exists in the UK, but this pple are fraudulent using dat to get desperate job seekers into getting a job in the UK.Besides, wat UK job would employ you without a proper assessment center? Dere are acutually due and proper procedures u go thru to get a job in the UK, not jut sending ur CV to some fake email adrez and automatically be given an offer letter...If u get this, pls ignore...Its fake!
Re: Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! by muredo(m): 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
Thank you very much my brother,they sent me d same message today both on phone and mail,immediately i went to google,from there i realised they are scammer,so i have sent them mail this evening that if they didnt desist,before December 31st,horrible death is waiting them,which i believe so shall it be
Re: Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! by AdexOmoby(f): 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
muredo: Thank you very much my brother,they sent me d same message today both on phone and mail,immediately i went to google,from there i realised they are scammer,so i have sent them mail this evening that if they didnt desist,before December 31st,horrible death is waiting them,which i believe so shall it be
InstrestingU got the mail has wellImagine!!! God will severely purnish this pple and I jut pity the innocent ones who wud share in this horrible judgment. D bible says we shud say to the wicked, 'Its shall not be wll with them!' and I say amen to this!!!
Pls share the information ard...No one should fall for them! Knowledge and Information is key! Thanks muredo, I am a lady oooooo!lol, dnt mind me!
Re: Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
Got the mail and sms too! Though I know it was a scam... I just wanted to know how much they wanna scam me for...so I called the so called "barrister mark" he now said I shud pay 18k to an account and forward the teller to him...and he will give me all the papers I need!!

What sold em out wat their email domain address and fone number (+4470)..google that number and ull know what I mean! Lol
Re: Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! by AdexOmoby(f): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2012
+4470 Phone Numbers - Personal Forwarding Numbers
By: Nyla - FraudWatchers.org
July 1st, 2010

+4470 numbers are a major red flag when it comes to scams!

Personal forwarding phone numbers (also called "UK global redirects"wink are easily recognized, and they are a major red flag when it comes to identifying scams or scammers. The number is often given in the format +447024013818. The country code, (the +44) seemingly indicates that the number is UK-based number. The 70 prefix, however, identifies it as a personal forwarding number.

What is a personal forwarding number? or When is a London phone number not a London phone number?

Many phone providers offer this service for free. The number can be "forwarded" to any phone in the world. The charge for the call, which can be quite high, are billed to the caller, not the recipient of the call. The user of the number can apply for one more or less anonymously. Consequently, scammers love this free, portable number which can fool the unwary into believing they are located in the UK, while the scammer actually receives calls on an anonymous, prepaid cell phone on another continent, in another legal jurisdiction.

Does a personal forwarding number always equal a scam?

With very few exceptions, yes. Because of the high rates charged for the caller, legitimate UK businesses would not be eager to use a +4470 number as a contact number for customers or people applying for a job. Most businesses use +4470 numbers strictly internally, for example, forwarding a personal number to the mobile phone or temporary office location of a foreign-based employee in order to save on phone charges.

In our time here at Fraudwatchers, we've only seen one legitimate business using a +4470 number as a public customer contact number. The business was a small company dedicated to arranging African safaris, and as such, the owners and employees were often traveling abroad and needed a dedicated UK number that could be forwarded to their mobile phones.

If you're given a +4470 number in the course of an email exchange, chances are you are dealing with a scammer. This is especially true if that number claims to belong to a London barrister, lawyer, travel agency, visa agency, lottery claim office or human resources/employment department.

Personal forwarding numbers are often a very good sign that you need to investigate further.
ynx: Got the mail and sms too! Though I know it was a scam... I just wanted to know how much they wanna scam me for...so I called the so called "barrister mark" he now said I shud pay 18k to an account and forward the teller to him...and he will give me all the papers I need!!

What sold em out wat their email domain address and fone number (+4470)..google that number and ull know what I mean! Lol
July 1st, 2010

Personal forwarding phone numbers (also called "UK global redirects"wink are easily recognized, and they are a major red flag when it comes to identifying scams or scammers. The number is often given in the format +447024013818. The country code, (the +44) seemingly indicates that the number is UK-based number. The 70 prefix, however, identifies it as a personal forwarding number.

What is a personal forwarding number? or When is a London phone number not a London phone number?

Many phone providers offer this service for free. The number can be "forwarded" to any phone in the world. The charge for the call, which can be quite high, are billed to the caller, not the recipient of the call. The user of the number can apply for one more or less anonymously. Consequently, scammers love this free, portable number which can fool the unwary into believing they are located in the UK, while the scammer actually receives calls on an anonymous, prepaid cell phone on another continent, in another legal jurisdiction.

With very few exceptions, yes. Because of the high rates charged for the caller, legitimate UK businesses would not be eager to use a +4470 number as a contact number for customers or people applying for a job. Most businesses use +4470 numbers strictly internally, for example, forwarding a personal number to the mobile phone or temporary office location of a foreign-based employee in order to save on phone charges.

In our time here at Fraudwatchers, we've only seen one legitimate business using a +4470 number as a public customer contact number. The business was a small company dedicated to arranging African safaris, and as such, the owners and employees were often traveling abroad and needed a dedicated UK number that could be forwarded to their mobile phones.

If you're given a +4470 number in the course of an email exchange, chances are you are dealing with a scammer. This is especially true if that number claims to belong to a London barrister, lawyer, travel agency, visa agency, lottery claim office or human resources/employment department.

Personal forwarding numbers are often a very good sign that you need to investigate further.

I jut read it and I understnad it all...Thnaks a mil! I am glad I didnt fall for this!
Re: Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! by norababie: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2012
Is it not possible to track these thieves,using the bank details supplied.pls let naira land admin do something about this.
Re: Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!! by Blacklion3: 7:32am On Aug 13, 2021
AdexOmoby:
July 1st, 2010

July 1st, 2010

I jut read it and I understnad it all...Thnaks a mil! I am glad I didnt fall for this!
enlightening

(1) (Reply)

NLNG Trainee Operator 2013 Online Test / Skype Interview With Creative Associate Initiative / Graduate Trainees Recruitment At Nigerian Breweries Plc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.