Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? (1430 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / Wicked Widowhood Practices That Must Be Abolished In Nigeria / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Antivirus92(m): 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
cultures like killing twins, burying kings with human heads,slave trades etc have been abolished. But i thinks there are still some fetish cultures that still exist in africa today. They hinder our progress alot and needs to be abolished. Please name the ones you know and explain how they hinder our progress.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by tpia1: 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
if anybody mentions pin here, e no go better for that person.

bunch of psychos.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by ezeagu(m): 12:17am On Dec 12, 2012
Fetish cultures like the Pentecostal Church, many evangelical churches in fact. Claiming things as part of a Nigerian culture when the are not, like women wearing skirts only. Using the bible and any other religious text to justify stupidity. Waiting on "God's time" when it comes to life or death issues and so on.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Antivirus92(m): 6:02am On Dec 12, 2012
tpia1: if anybody mentions pin here, e no go better for that person.

bunch of psychos.
e be lyk say na for that line you dey. Guy repent ooo!
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Antivirus92(m): 6:05am On Dec 12, 2012
ezeagu: Fetish cultures like the Pentecostal Church, many evangelical churches in fact. Claiming things as part of a Nigerian culture when the are not, like women wearing skirts only. Using the bible and any other religious text to justify stupidity. Waiting on "God's time" when it comes to life or death issues and so on.
yeah, you made sense. But what we are discussing is african culture and not pentecostal(pentecostalism is a foreign religion)
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Antivirus92(m): 6:09am On Dec 12, 2012
In igbo land ,when a fowl is killed.The father or any other elderly man around eats the gizzard,the anus etc where as there are young people who need those things for growth.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 12, 2012
ezeagu: Fetish cultures like the Pentecostal Church, many evangelical churches in fact. Claiming things as part of a Nigerian culture when the are not, like women wearing skirts only. Using the bible and any other religious text to justify stupidity. Waiting on "God's time" when it comes to life or death issues and so on.

^^that's black people in general.
We are very gullible and unorganized race of people.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Antivirus92(m): 6:52am On Dec 12, 2012
*Kails*:

^^that's black people in general.
you mean africans are unorganised race? Can you prove it?
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2012
burying human heads with a dead king is still in practice o! it hasn't been abolished.
why must i eat the waist of a chicken just because am Ada? that was when i was much younger. but now my parents don't bother about the part of chicken i eat.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
we must abolish worship of the evil jesus idol God.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Antivirus92(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
we must abolish worship of the evil jesus idol God.
pagan9ja please mind ur tongue. You can bring curse unto yourself and ur generation by just a comment.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by tpia1: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
Antivirus92: e be lyk say na for that line you dey. Guy repent ooo!

I am tired of semi literates reading s.tupid meanings into everything they hear.

Some of you lack so much cognition, its mind boggling.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by tpia1: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
Besides, this is an unnecessary repeat thread.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by tpia1: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2012

I think you can read.

Thread title says african culture, you're mentioning church and skirt.

Is everything ok with you today, or are you distracted?

Do you see how you turned s.tupid in your bid to rubbish people for their christian beliefs?

I think you should stop before you revert to an ape. Stick to igbo matters- thats where you can shine.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
Antivirus92: pagan9ja please mind ur tongue. You can bring curse unto yourself and ur generation by just a comment.

so as i was saying, we must abolish this evil shrines called churches, dedicated to israeli hippie gods and godesses who spread evil in our country and collect extortion money (tithes) , etc., from the public funds.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
Antivirus92: you mean africans are unorganised race? Can you prove it?

*Kails*:

^^that's [size=28pt]black people in general.[/size]

And if what I am saying is not true we would not be on this topic
nor would there be countless threads about Nigerian, other African and western black flaws.
In fact I wouldn't exist, if we weren't so disorganized. wink
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by pleep(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
Antivirus92: In igbo land ,when a fowl is killed.The father or any other elderly man around eats the gizzard,the anus etc where as there are young people who need those things for growth.
wow... pray for igboland.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Antivirus92(m): 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
pleep: wow... pray for igboland.
no !, we don't need ur prayers, unlike many other ethnicities, we don't hide or polish our flaws and wrongs. Other ethnicities may be worse after all!
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by ezeagu(m): 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
tpia1:

I think you can read.

Thread title says african culture, you're mentioning church and skirt.

Is everything ok with you today, or are you distracted?

Do you see how you turned s.tupid in your bid to rubbish people for their christian beliefs?

I think you should stop before you revert to an ape. Stick to igbo matters- thats where you can shine.

Oh, sorry, are you one of the donators to the jet setting pulpit pimps that I mentioned? I have a right to my opinion, and if I see cultures (whether old or new) that I think should be abolished because they're outright fetish, ignorant, and fanatical I will suggest it. By the way, I didn't attack Christians, I mentioned the Pentecostal church and the other human worshipping mindless cults that have plagued Nigeria. Nigerians always want to hear criticism about what they condemn but can never take back the criticism on their own self.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by pleep(m): 11:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Antivirus92: no !, we don't need ur prayers, unlike many other ethnicities, we don't hide or polish our flaws and wrongs. Other ethnicities may be worse after all!
TAKE A JOKE.
Re: What Are The African Cultures That Needs To Be Abolished? by Antivirus92(m): 7:18am On Dec 14, 2012
pleep: TAKE A JOKE.
i understand! My comment was also a joke.

(1) (Reply)

The Analysis Of The Good And Bad Of The Three Major Tribes / Why Do People Laugh When I Talk? / Racial Abuse In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.