Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. (1355 Views)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Does God Speak To Humans? And How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. by therationa(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2008
Humans and primates (apes) once had a common ancestor about 4 million years ago. That this is the case resides in the genes of humans and primates.

Evidence 1: Human Chromosome No. 2.

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes while primates have 24 pairs. Now, if humans and primates are descended from the same ancestor, why the difference? Has a chromosome gone missing? If this were the case, the human line would have been defective and died out immediately. The only feasible explanation is that a pair of chromosome would have gotten fused in the human lineage.

So scientist went looking for a fused chromosome in the human genome. And they found it on Chromosome No. 2. It was formed by the fusion of the 2nd and 3rd chromosomes of the common ancestor chromosomes. This can only be explained in evolutionary terms.

(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8edyoZFW-Lg)

Evidence 2: Vitamin C synthesis

There is a lot of evidence that explain the absence of humans and primate to synthesise Vit C naturally. In fact, I am on shaky ground here technically. Refer to http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section2.html#atavisms_ex2 for a detailed an better explanation.

[s][/s]
Re: Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. by KAG: 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2008
Just a minor quibble: it's not proof, it's evidence.
Re: Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. by therationa(m): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2008
KAG:

Just a minor quibble: it's not proof, it's evidence.

KAG,

Correction accepted. Will amend accordingly. Thankx
Re: Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. by 4Him(m): 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2008
your only link to this "unimpeachable evidence" is a youtube video?

Let me remind you that other examples of chromosomal translocations are associated with disease - t(2;5)(p23;q35) - anaplastic large cell lymphoma
t(8;14) - Burkitt's lymphoma (c-myc) among others.
Re: Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. by teejay119: 12:21am On Feb 21, 2008
therationa yes You are the physical evidence of the relationship. I dont need any more evidence
Re: Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. by KAG: 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2008
4Him:

your only link to this "unimpeachable evidence" is a youtube video?

Let me remind you that other examples of chromosomal translocations are associated with disease - t(2;5)(p23;q35) - anaplastic large cell lymphoma
t(8;14) - Burkitt's lymphoma (c-myc) among others.

And others aren't. See: Robertsonian translocation
Re: Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. by oloriooko(m): 11:58am On Feb 22, 2008
no wonder you look the way you are - an animal! grin
Re: Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. by Horus(m): 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2008

(1) (Reply)

A Guest At My Birthday Party Offered Me Juju To Help Me Succeed As A Pastor / Understanding The Jews / French Muslim Jailed For Punching Nurse Who Tried To Remove Wife's Burqa During

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.