Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,551 members, 7,865,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time (2598 Views)

5 Birthday Gift You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today. / Photo: Jonathan Worships God At Christ Apostolic Church / Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 07, 2013
boarnerges: I stand on my grounds as earlier opined in one of my comments on the religious section. Modern day christaindom is the most confused of all religion, there seem to be a confusion on their deity. 'Jesus is Lord' as quoted in the bible. If Jesus is Lord, then where is the place of 'the father' because Lord means ownership and also the place of the holyghost as in the constellation of the concept of trinity. The trinity has no bases in the bible, it was a pagan doctrine that came in around 325 AD to cloud/subtitute the many gods of the then world power that seeminly adopted christianity as its official religion..

I for call you OLODO but I won't be better off cus I was adviced not to answer a fool according to hi s folly lest I be like him.
Genesis 1:26-28
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Matthew 28:19
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
The TRINITY is a mystery(I advice you get a dictionary for this word) but also a revealed truth, would want to give you a detailed lecture but that will be derailing from the topic.
Jesus is God, the spoken word of God made flesh, the same word that has been before time began. Someone asked if God will sacrifice Himself to Himself; common stop literal anologies and seek spiritual guidiance before you utter a word about your maker.

Matthew 24:35 King James Version (KJV)
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my WORDS shall not pass away. Show you the eternity of Christ in union with the father and the holy spirit. Be open minded dude and don't jump into conclusions and to complicate things the more for you my friend;
John 17:21
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Now you can hug a high tension switch tower cuz you can't understand how a being will exist inside another tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 07, 2013
Christ is the spoken WORD of God that existed with God but was made manifest by Light
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. The spoken Word of God is God, the force behind creation and the first born of all things. nice one Phil

King James Version (KJV)
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

philfearon:
Whereas God in his motionless power was free from God and every name,God was the unspoken word in the bottomless abyss of His divine nature in which the Word as such never thoroughly understood itself..A thing that undastands itself grows and fades in the act of understanding,but this Word does not grow or fade..It is unchanging in itself,so it has never understood itself in itself,even though it is the intellect of the father!
Let me stop here.......Peace!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 08, 2013
Bidam: So there are may other gods abi? That is even more worse.You are practicing polytheism.

nope. You dont worship him. god is just a title.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Emusan:

If Jesus is a god, so you believe in a small god then?

psams 8:5 NIV
" You have made them a
little lower than the angels(elohim=gods)
and crowned them
with glory and honor".

Example!

Gen 19:13, 18

It means God has revealed Himself to human through Jesus.

Not that He himself came?
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 08, 2013
philfearon:
I believe You are the one in self-denial now.
I believe u didnt look up the Mysticism in ur dictionary,and u thought it means 'mystery'..smh!!..Of course u dont have any other thing to say,and so the best way out for u is to start ur usual personal Attack...
Since that passage is simple,and Since u have the Spirit of God in u,explain that Col1:15??
{n:b--No excuse or runnin around the bush! Explain it!}

You also made an insinuation which I never meant. You believe God is a mystery shey? I was marvelled how you cant understand john1:1. did that place say God had a beginning?

You also need an interpreter on Col. 1:15. what do you understand by the word firstborn?
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: I mean completely human, completely God. God became a human being. And walked among men. Some men recognized him. Men of light. Men of darkness hated Gods light personified, because light exposed their evil deeds.

Just watch yourself. Explain john1:18 in light of your comment.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 08, 2013
You mean you do not worship Jesus? This is hilarious.
JMAN05:

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
Bidam: You mean you do not worship Jesus? This is hilarious.

Well, I dont worship Jesus cos of what he said.

luke 4:8

In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

Dont you think that the above verse supports worshipping God alone?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by boarnerges: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
pasino26:

I for call you OLODO but I won't be better off cus I was adviced not to answer a fool according to hi s folly lest I be like him.
Genesis 1:26-28
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Matthew 28:19
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
The TRINITY is a mystery(I advice you get a dictionary for this word) but also a revealed truth, would want to give you a detailed lecture but that will be derailing from the topic.
Jesus is God, the spoken word of God made flesh, the same word that has been before time began. Someone asked if God will sacrifice Himself to Himself; common stop literal anologies and seek spiritual guidiance before you utter a word about your maker.

Matthew 24:35 King James Version (KJV)
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my WORDS shall not pass away. Show you the eternity of Christ in union with the father and the holy spirit. Be open minded dude and don't jump into conclusions and to complicate things the more for you my friend;
Now you can hug a high tension switch tower cuz you can't understand how a being will exist inside another tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
hello mr pasino26. Good one here but let me assert that we aint here to counter motions, everyone is just dropping His or her idea on this subject matter and all i did was to drop mine too.
The scripture you quoted on 'in the beginning God said, let us make man in our image...our here could imply two, three, thousands and even billions. Remember satan was part of that 'our'. Why dont you undertake a study of the book of reveltions, read between the lines and see where God reveals Himself.
I love you my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by lacum: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
boarnerges:
hello mr pasino26. Good one here but let me assert that we aint here to counter motions, everyone is just dropping His or her idea on this subject matter and all i did was to drop mine too.
The scripture you quoted on 'in the beginning God said, let us make man in our image...our here could imply two, three, thousands and even billions. Remember satan was part of that 'our'. Why dont you undertake a study of the book of reveltions, read between the lines and see where God reveals Himself.
I love you my brother.
u mean satan was among those that created man? i tot lucifer as an angel was also created
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
JMAN05:

sorry urs maybe a title(idol) but mine is Spirit not a title.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
lacum:
u mean satan was among those that created man? i tot lucifer as an angel was also created

My brother, some people need to take their time and study the scriptures. I really did want to correct the statement the young man made on my comment but kept mute. Guess he didnt read the account of creation carefully btw line. the angels n heavenly hosts were all created. Man was made in GOD's image n likeness with the breath of life from God. Jesus is Lord and God, no one can percieve the wisdom of the scriptures without the help of tge HOLY SPIRIT of GOD. the more you explain the more u confuse folks who read the bible to pass CRK in sec sch. cheers bro
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 10, 2013
Bidam: sorry urs maybe a title(idol) but mine is Spirit not a title.

Ya, God is a spirit. but the term "God", ie elohim/theos are titles. other persons answer it including Jesus and other men.

I dont know if you understand?
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by eaxes: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2013
People seem †☺ really lack understanding. First of all U̶̲̥̅̊ need †☺ understand who is a "God". God is a person who is a spirit, ominipotent and ominiscient, creator and ruler of the Universe.
"God is not a name of a person, "God" is a being. Just like "human is not the name of a person, "human" is a being. Anyone who is spirit, ominipotent..... Is a God and anyone who is mortal, can die, not ominipresent.... Lyk us is a "human". Get the connection?
So basically the name of our father in heaven is not "God" but i†'s jehovah, elshadai,....... Ãήϑ the name of his son in heaven is Jesus. Simple. Ãήϑ both the father Ãήϑ the son Ãήϑ the holyspirit (whose name is the comforter) are ominipresent, ominiscient, spirit.... beings. Hence their all God in their being J§† lyk U̶̲̥̅̊ are all "humans" in ur being and have Ūя different names lyk dele,chioma.....
So basically three beings run the universe God the father whose name is jehovah Ãήϑ his the God head, the oga at the top. Then U̶̲̥̅̊ αvє God the son whose name is Jesus who does the will of the father Ãήϑ then God the holyspirit who is on earth here Ψi† us, in us teaching us all things.
Lest U̶̲̥̅̊ forgot also the bible even said that ψє all are "gods". That is those that αvє the spirit of God( the comforter) in them.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Kei144(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2013
Jesus is an example (1 Pet 2:21) of rising from humanity to divinity. He started on earth as a man--a new Adam. But He later transformed into the Son of God. How?

Ph. 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Ph. 2:6 Who, being in very nature [Or in the form of] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Ph. 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Ph. 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!
Ph. 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
Ph. 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Ph. 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Ro. 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God —
Ro. 1:2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures
Ro. 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,
Ro. 1:4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God, by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

God created mankind with the potential to become like God; that is, to become a god. This seems to have provoked jealousy in Lucifer, which is why he rebelled against God. Shortly after Lucifer rebelled against God, he directed his energy towards preventing mankind from utilising the full potentials God had put in him. He deceived Adam and Eve by telling them that the way to become a god is by living in disobedience to God. Adam and Eve bought the lie and mankind fell from glory. Up till today, human beings still believe that the way to become great is by living a life of disobedience to God.

Satan also tempted the new Adam (Jesus Christ) and tried to get him to live a life of disobedience to God, but the new Adam refused to buy the lie. Instead, he new Adam humbled Himself before God and lived a life of perfect obedience, even to the extent of dying on the cross. God resurrected Him from death and made Him equal to God. Today, the new Adam (Jesus Christ) possesses the seven spirits of God (Rev 5:6). He is God, but not the Almighty (see 1 Cor 15:24, Rev 5:7).
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 14, 2013
JMAN05:

WRONG. God is deity. I can understand why you guys label it as title to propagate your falsehoods.SMH!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 14, 2013
JMAN05:

Ya, God is a spirit. but the term "God", ie elohim/theos are titles. other persons answer it including Jesus and other men.

I dont know if you understand?
why should i understand falsehoods. ELOHIM is not a title but a hebrew name for God.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 14, 2013
Bidam: why should i understand falsehoods. ELOHIM is not a title but a hebrew name for God.

Psams 82:6

“I myself have said, ‘YOU are gods(elohim),

And all of YOU are sons of the Most High."

Now if we say that elohim is not a title and that it refers to the almighty, will it not mean that that psalms above is referring to Jah? but is it? think about it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 8:05am On Nov 14, 2013
JMAN05:

Now if we say that elohim is not a title and that it refers to the almighty, will it not mean that that psalms above is referring to Jah? but is it? think about it.
Isnt the scripture you quoted self-explanatory..Do you need anyone telling you that?
And why attach "elohim" to the verse?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 14, 2013
JMAN05:

Do you call the Word FAMILY a title
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by esauy: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 16, 2013
philfearon:
Isnt the scripture you quoted self-explanatory..Do you need anyone telling you that?
And why attach "elohim" to the verse?

How is it self explanatory to you and you still ask why I inserted elohim? It shows you dont even understand what I wrote and you are already flaunting your ego.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 16, 2013
Bidam: Do you call the Word FAMILY a title

out of point.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 16, 2013
JMAN05:

out of point.
Lol. When a revelation is brought.JW becomes confused and say it is out of point. grin

God made man(spirit) in His IMAGE and likeness.

Man(spirit) is part of the FAMILY(Elohim) of God(Spirit).

Jesus emphasized that POINT by saying God is Spirit and his worshipers MUST worship in spirit and in truth.

I am a god(spirit) under the FAMILY of GOD(The Father of all spirits).

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by anukulapo: 8:46am On Nov 16, 2013
JMAN05:

My brother, many have brought a dent on the congregation founded by Christ at pentacost. so sad that this people bear the name christian, but they have disregarded the truth found in the bible and clone it with mystery. GOD OF THE BIBLE IS GREATER THAN JESUS, who is His son. God is his Father. Many have chosen to believe the lie. this situation is pathetic and we continue to appeal to their reason to see whether the honest hearted will turn around. It is our prayer that God will help many.

Best wishes!

@ the capitalized above
Without doubt, "God" is greater than Jesus for Jesus confirms this himself (John 14:28).
What is the bone of contention that you see people struggling with?
Please,share it/them.
Cheers.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
JMAN05:

How is it self explanatory to you and you still ask why I inserted elohim? It shows you dont even understand what I wrote and you are already flaunting your ego.
maybe,you should check who is really understanding the verse!!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
Bidam: Lol. When a revelation is brought.JW becomes confused and say it is out of point. grin

God made man(spirit) in His IMAGE and likeness.

Man(spirit) is part of the FAMILY(Elohim) of God(Spirit).

Jesus emphasized that POINT by saying God is Spirit and his worshipers MUST worship in spirit and in truth.

I am a god(spirit) under the FAMILY of GOD(The Father of all spirits).

If you are a god, then you are Almighty "God ". because you said Elohim is for God alone. case closed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2013
philfearon:
maybe,you should check who is really understanding the verse!!

your head always disappoints you. sorry I can't help.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
JMAN05:

If you are a god, then you are Almighty "God ". because you said Elohim is for God alone. case closed
Not so fast..God is multidimensional.
You referred it as judges making it polytheism.Elohim is a hebrew grammer and is singular in usage.
"Elohim" denotes God as the supreme deity of a person or people.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 17, 2013
Bidam: Not so fast..God is multidimensional.
You referred it as judges making it polytheism.Elohim is a hebrew grammer and is singular in usage.
"Elohim" denotes God as the supreme deity of a person or people.

Just watch yourself trying to twist your way thru. Did that place I quoted use Elohims? Is it not Elohim? I dont know who taught you that it is singular in usage. It is not always so bro.

Sorry, you cant twist away your earlier statement. you are "god", so you are your almighty God. your multidimentional decoy didnt change what you said that elohim is for God. hence you guys chose not to use your head, we go by your self confusion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 4:46am On Nov 17, 2013
JMAN05:

your head always disappoints you. sorry I can't help.
As usual,you have succeeded in derailing the topic!!
God have mercy on you!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 17, 2013
JMAN05:

Just watch yourself trying to twist your way thru. Did that place I quoted use Elohims? Is it not Elohim? I dont know who taught you that it is singular in usage. It is not always so bro.

Sorry, you cant twist away your earlier statement. you are "god", so you are your almighty God. your multidimentional decoy didnt change what you said that elohim is for God. hence you guys chose not to use your head, we go by your self confusion.
Lol, you are actually the one twisting the usage not me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are The Dead Really Dead? / Among Adam And Eve, Who Is To Be Blamed For Our Suffering Today / Do Christians Ever Need Deliverance From Demons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.