Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers (809 Views)

This Tweet Have Been Keeping Nigerians Talking (see Pic) / How To Get New More Followers On Twitter / Chris Brown Sentenced To 1,000 More Hours Of Community Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by ijebabe: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
Pope Benedict XVI has finally joined this world on social media, posting his first tweet this afternoon.

The Pope blessed his hundreds of thousands of new internet followers today as he sent his much-anticipated first tweet from his new Twitter handle @Pontifex.

But Benedict XVI, an 85-year-old theologian who has just completed a three-volume biography of Christ that he wrote in long-hand, needed help from an aide to send the message from an iPad at the end of his general audience at the Vatican.

In perhaps the most drawn out Twitter launch ever, Pope Benedict XVI pushed the button on a tablet brought to him at the end of his general audience Wednesday.

Later in the day he is to respond to a few messages sent to him from around the world. The pope had garnered nearly 1 million followers in the eight languages of his account.

And here is his first tweet: “Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart.”

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by Mynd44: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
Like sheeps to the slaughter. Make them continue their senseless and useless follow follow.

As Fela said, "If you follow follow them book, na inside gutter you go quench"
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by ayobase(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mynd_44: Like sheeps to the slaughter. Make them continue their senseless and useless follow follow.

U shouldnt abuse others' belief!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by Mynd44: 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
ayobase:

U shouldnt abuse others' belief!
I choose to
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by ayobase(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
I choose to

I gerrit it then!
yah thang!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by Mynd44: 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
ayobase:

I gerrit it then!
yah thang!
Lemme guess, you catholic?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by ayobase(m): 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
Lemme guess, you catholic?

NOPE!
Im sooo not!

Like some of their doctrines though!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by Mynd44: 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
ayobase:

NOPE!
Im sooo not!

Like some of their doctrines though!
Oh. Okay
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by ijebabe: 5:44am On Dec 14, 2012
I think its cool he got a twitter account. Catholics rock grin
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by ayobase(m): 10:42am On Dec 14, 2012
ijebabe: I think its cool he got a twitter account. Catholics rock grin

Its gonna be managed by a PA!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by sunnshyn(f): 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
Mynd_44: Like sheeps to the slaughter. Make them continue their senseless and useless follow follow.

You are such a disgrace! So because you have a different believe, you feel it gives u right to criticise others? Get over ur silly self already!!!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by Mynd44: 6:55am On Dec 16, 2012
sunnshyn:

You are such a disgrace! So because you have a different believe, you feel it gives u right to criticise others? Get over ur silly self already!!!
Erm..... Excuse me but I believe I have a right to my opinion here so why the name calling?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Posts First Tweet, Already Up To 1 Million Followers by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2012
ayobase:

Its gonna be managed by a PA!
That's right, I don't think the pope is gonna ever have time to post tweets continuously the way it's required on Twitter.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ex Big Brother Star Launches Inspirational Book - "Self-love: (PHOTOS) / P-square’s Peter Okoye To Get Married To Lola In Nov / Tontodikeh Becomes The Number One Nollywood Hottest Actress!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.