Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD (12926 Views)

Korede Bello Poses With Kenny Ogungbe & Dayod1 (pic) / Kenny Ogungbe's Daughter Graduates Photos / Kenny-Ogungbe On Why We Didn't Attend Tuface's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:11am On Dec 13, 2012
Ace presenter and producer, Mr. Kenny Ogungbe has been appointed Managing Director of the premier radio station in the country - RayPower FM-Network and FAAJI 106.5FM. This was contained in a statement signed by Johnson Onime, Director, Corporate Communication and Planning, DAAR Communications Plc, the operators of RayPower FM Network, Africa Independent Television (AIT) - Network & Global Satellite, DAARsat and FAAJI 106.5FM.

Ogungbe, an alumnus of Southern University, New Orleans and Southern University, Baton Rouge, both in Los Angeles in the United States, where he obtained both his Bachelor's in Accounting and Masters in Mass Communications respectively; was the pioneer assistant general manager, RayPower FM upon its debut on Sept 1, 1994.

He succeeded the General Manager in 1995 and rose to become the Group General Manager of DAAR Communications Limited till 2000. In 2000, he went into private production and entertainment practice with the establishment of Kennis Communications Limited; owners of Kennis Music Channel and Kennis Music International as the Founder/Chief Executive Officer. He was also the Senior Partner of Prime Time Entertainment.

He was appointed into the Board of DAAR Communications Plc in 2011. An accomplished broadcaster, whose professionalism, creativity and versatility had won him several awards both locally and internationally, started his career in Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Abeokuta in 1979. While in RayPower 100.5FM, he was the Best Radio Presenter of the Year 1997/1998.

AIT Jamz, which he co-presented with Dayo Adeneye (D1), also won the Best Duo TV Presenters in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 to 2004, City People Young Achiever 2004, Success Digest Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2004, an inductee of Hip-Hop World Hall of Fame 2007, Global Excellence Recognition Personality 2007,

Nigeria Arise – UK Music Producer Merit Awardee, London 2010, MTV Europe Music Awards for the Best African Music Producer 2005, PMAN Producer of the Decade, BBC Top 10 Producer of the Millennium, 2000 for African Continent amongst several others. He had covered Grammy Music Award since 1994 for and on behalf of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the sub-Saharan African till date. He is married to Bolajoko and blessed with children. He had since assumed duty.

3 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by eazysally: 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congrat my man......am happy for u, keep d flag flying, first to comment I don win world cup oooo....

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by garrigangster: 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
Second to comment!
Now, off to the FHC for today's biz.
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Denn(m): 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
congrats kenny...

at least we might see less of your face and blinges in music videos as you get busy with serious admin work

3 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by cantell(m): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
Kudos to Kenny Ogungbe - your noise making for primetime Africa go enter another level.
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by tunapawizzy: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
CHEI RAYMOND DOKPESI NEVER LEARN O

3 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by nimsy(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats to baba kenny. Wish him well in his new task. But what happened to his role in Rainbow fm?
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
That is mo'money bro.....

Big up
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Akieagle: 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Decapo: 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats man
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by tellwisdom: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
He looks like idi amin, is he a Nigerian?? sad
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats to him. He's back into the DAAR Communications family once again.

Remember that Kenny is Dokpesi's BIL; so they're family.

*In Kenny's voice* Congrats to the World Famous Youth Ambassador!

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
tellwisdom: He looks like idi amin, is he a Nigerian?? sad

Sarcasm at its peak! Is Kenny(Kehinde) Ogungbe a foreign name?
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
nimsy: Congrats to baba kenny. Wish him well in his new task. But what happened to his role in Rainbow fm?

Level has changed, so commitment must change too.
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by talktrue1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
tellwisdom: He looks like idi amin, is he a Nigerian?? sad

He is from the Republic of Oduduwa
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by pappilo(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
Didnt Kenny and D1 have a major falling out with Dokpesi about a decade ago which led to both of them leaving the DAAR family to form Primtime? There are really no permanent enemies except between women sha.
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by salolo(m): 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Booty4me: 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pls who is kenny ogunde And what is he famous for
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by tpapi: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
No mata d beefs,he deserves it,one of africa's best presenter both on radio n tv - maximum respect

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by aglomar: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
Great!!!
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by garrigangster: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
Booty4me: Pls who is kenny ogunde And what is he famous for
He is a musician. Sings Apala brand of music. Are you satisfied now?
Dumbass
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by chrixdamusik(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
[b][/b].. Gud 4 him
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by miqos02(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
congrats to him
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Revolva(m): 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2012

Ogungbe, an alumnus of Southern University, New Orleans and Southern University, Baton Rouge, both in Los Angeles in the United States
Pls point of correction Baton rouge is not in Los angeles -its in Louisana state LA ok not the LA city in carlifonia CA state

4 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats followed him them from prime time jamz
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Melancholy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
Baba keke that a nice one.i can see how busy u are this days,from raypower to faaji fm every aftertoon to entertain ur audience
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by mkoabiola: 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
2much money abi na groundnut e tak b MD.
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by IYANGBALI: 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
Kenny is too lousy for my liking,at times he behaves like a baby,Dayo Adeneye D1 is the BOMB,he is my main man,cool,calm and simple

3 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by bestower: 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats man,hope he will be able to handle the responsibilites ahead of him.
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Francheezy(m): 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
talk true:

He is from the Republic of Oduduwa
N0 jw0or...he iz fr0m UNITED STATES 0F 0BATALA
Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Francheezy(m): 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
Booty4me: Pls who is kenny ogunde And what is he famous for
He iz a magician

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe Now Raypower MD by Donald7610: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
My Big Bros, My Mentor
Nigerian Hip Hop initiator
I salute sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Nigerian Tiktoker And IG Influencer Nude Video Leaks Online / Meet World Most Beautiful Woman, 60 Years Old Ms Liu (photos) / (photos) The Tallest Man And The Shortest Man In The World Meet For A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.