Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Is Film School Necessary? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Film School Necessary? (1099 Views)

The Nigerian Film School: A View / Photo: Big Brother Africa Shower Hour…is This Necessary? / United Film School,audition! Audition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Film School Necessary? by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2008
Do aspiring filmmakers really need to go to film school,
or can they learn everything they need by just reading books and practicing the craft?
Are people who have attended film school generally better than those who have not?
It's a very controversial topic, and I am throwing it to the house!
Re: Is Film School Necessary? by powerofmap(m): 12:14am On Feb 16, 2008
@combrazor Prof why no? don't you have anything to say this time Abi you dey vex ni?
Re: Is Film School Necessary? by powerofmap(m): 3:24am On Feb 16, 2008
grin Chei! Prof wetin make we wey won go film school do na as nollywood don't give a phuck,

The speed in Nollywood has cost the industry to be called "RUSH HOUR SETTINGS" because the producers are so impatient and don't care if the Actor/Actress jump their Line.

Anyway sha we go still go sha and Nollywood go surely accept us one day. grin
Re: Is Film School Necessary? by janami(f): 7:33am On Feb 18, 2008
Yes. There are some pratical stuff that are not mentioned in books. no knowledge is wasted.
Re: Is Film School Necessary? by jemit(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2008
is going to a university necessary?

i guess not. many have been successful without going there. so is the issue of film school. one can actually learn the skill on his/her own, but i believe it is better to go to a film school because (1.) u may learn more than what u get in the books, (2)though u may get theories, they may be very useful (3) u will also get to learn from others esp. other students there.

i plan to go to a film school anyway.
Re: Is Film School Necessary? by andrewdg(m): 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2008
visit nyfa.com and you will see you need to attend a filmschool

(1) (Reply)

D Wow Tamara Of Naija Sings / 11 Ways To Identify Nigerian Movies / Watch The First Teaser For The Indie Horror Film Jim & Joan: A Voodoo Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.