Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

The Best Book You Ever Read - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Best Book You Ever Read (1243 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Book You Ever Read by dadde(m): 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
I have read several books in my life. In find some inspiration while others educational.
Among all that i have read the following are outstanding.
1. The Bible
2. 7 Habits of highly effective people.
3. Awaken The Giant within
4. Mind yourself
5. As a man thinketh
6.Insight to human ingenuity by etuk
7.Gifted Hands
8.Developing the the leading within
9.360 leadership
10. Laws of persuasion

and lots more...

let know those you have read
Re: The Best Book You Ever Read by k2039: 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
k2039: I believe 'READING IS THE WAY TO A GREAT LIFE'.
Reading great books takes a lot of effort(have read books that I didn't read past the first chapter,not because they weren't interesting,but I felt it was laziness on my own part).

But considering the benefits that reading great books can bring to one's life is enough reason for one to read.

The only reason I opened this thread is for us to share the books that have had the greatest impact on our lives,that way we could add additional books to our libraries.

For me the greatest books have read are;

1.BIBLE,It contains pure truth about God, about life, the nature of mankind and our own hearts as human beings.

2.The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey,It prepared me for a change in mindset,it helped me move from dependency to independency.I understood from the book that two people could be seeing the same thing and still differ with each other and are both right(hence I made a decision never to argue with anyone,I made up my mind to always seek first to understand the others persons perspective before speaking). I learnt a lot from the book that if I start to explain my post will be too long.

3.Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill,It talks about thirteen proven steps to riches,the steps can also be applied to different areas of one's life,not just financially but all areas.The fact that one was not educated in school doesn't mean one cant be successful(Henry Ford),that success and richness all starts from the mind.

4.The mastery of love by Don Miguel Ángel Ruiz,this is the best book I ever read on LOVE,it contains insightful ideas about relationships,it changed my perspective towards relationship and my expectations towards my partner(though I dont have one now).Also that my reactions is the key to having a wonderful life and relationship.

5.Maximizing Your Potential by Dr Myles Munroe,this book refired my passion for living,I learnt to maximize the God-given potential lying dormant inside me,that every individual is a living treasure chest, I also made a commitment to dying empty after I read the book.

For me this are the greatest books have read,and they've had a greater impact on my life than any other literature book.I will recommend nairalanders who haven't read any of them to get a copy,and you will be glad you did.
So I will like to hear from you nairalanders about the greatest motivational book/books you've ever read.

www.nairaland.com/1032642/what-best-motivational-book-ever#11981972
Re: The Best Book You Ever Read by hillus: 5:44am On Dec 15, 2012
The best book have read is the bible, it not only inform but transform me. also i cant say for other, i read alot
also i saw a site that sell ebook for just 100 naira @ http://nigeriainfomarketing..com/
Hurry the price will increase after xmas
Re: The Best Book You Ever Read by Theyjih: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
-------> The Surgeon
-------> Red Dragon
--------> The Total Recall
Re: The Best Book You Ever Read by dadde(m): 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
Theyjih: -------> The Surgeon
-------> Red Dragon
--------> The Total Recall
Are referring to Total Re-cal by Arnold swassneger.

I thought its a movies. please correct me if am wrong

(1) (Reply)

These Foolish Things / Happy Birthday Chistar 01 / Book Review- Black Boy By Richard Wright

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.