Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:31 PM

WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! (1554 Views)

Enyimba F.C Of Aba Rewarded With N30m For Winning The Nigerian League (pictured) / Suarez Bite Function In Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2015? / Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by naija2007: 2:20am On Feb 16, 2008
I have been playing winning eleven soccer game since 2002. And the series is a fanstastic footie game made by Konami international. And it way better than fifa.

But this years edition is just wack. From the video to the gameplay and arcade like speed. it is a big disappointment. the only introduction in this year edition that is good is the team vision where the CPU adjust to your style of play. But in other aspect this game belongs to the dustbins. Now am stock playing winning eleven 9 for another year.

To all soccer game lovers which of the series do u think is the best and give your reasons.
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by tosinadeda: 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2008
Winning eleven 8 is the best,believe me.
We9 might av beta graphics,but its crap and d goals are flukes,and its so easy to dribble on 9 unlike 8 which makes it annoyn and babish
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by Chacal: 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2008
Konami lost the plot from Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

All FIFA series had been wack until i played FIFA 07.
The gameplay and the players' AI(Artificial Intelligence) is just top draw and this game was miles better than Konami's works.
FIFA 2008 has finally confirmed Konami must step up its game to compete.
PES 2008 is useless compared to FIFA 08. . . . . . . . .

FIFA all the way especially when u play it on PS3.
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by tosinadeda: 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2008
Fifa 08 is almost perfect,but hmmm i think d marking is somehow
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by ritchboy(m): 3:08pm On Feb 16, 2008
PES 5 iz still the best soccer game ever.Fifa 08 is kool but its too damn easy to score in em fifa games once u get the 'scope'.Thus sum pretty ridiculous scorelines.
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by naija2007: 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2008
PES 5 OR WINNING ELEVEN 9 is the best of the series. Realistic gameplay and u need to be able to build up play before u can score. Winning eleven 6 is cool, though slow but i like the simplicity of the game and it is enjoyable if played with another human and even with the CPU. winning eleven 7 is average. Winning eleven 8 is equally good but a little too fast. But pes 2007 as a major flaw. a striker can just run through the defense at will, that really frustrate me and makes the game unacceptable to me but it is a joy to behold if u play one on one with a friend rather than the super powerful cpu. But the last edition is just rubbish. konami messed up this time around.

FIFA is still years ahead of konami. if konami keep messing up maybe i will switch back to fifa,

But konami still provide the best footie out there, no contest!
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by dinozzo(m): 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2008
it has come here too, PES 2008 crap. Fifa 2008 is better.
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by subice(m): 8:57pm On Feb 16, 2008
Heard PES 2008 was crap too. Didn't bother buying it, still hitting my PES 6 and loving it.
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by texazzpete(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2008
I agree with y'all.

PES2008 is a crappy game. It's only Nigerians that are crazy for it, it's being returned in droves in Europe.

Teamvision is totally crap. Someone beat me 6-5 using chelsea, all his goals were headers with drogba, same style, same location. I outplayed him throughout, but i just couldnt stop his crosses (i can now grin)

teamvisionis supposed to let your team adapt and negate repeated tricks. How the heck did i get scored 6 times via drogba's head?
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 17, 2008
i've been outta the gaming scene for a while but the last time i checked i wasnt enthralled by what I saw on fifa 07 on the 360. The graphix was top notch but being a die hard pro evo fan i expected a tad more in the game play department which has been the bane of the fifa series. But this thread, hopefully, isnt about to spark off another unending debate of fifa/pes so i'll stay with the crux of the matter.
Now I've not tried my hands on the latest iterations of the pes series since pes6 on the ps2, but from what i hear, not much headway has been made which has given room for fifa to eat on konami's lost ground. Sometimes I wonder if seabass and his team have simply lost their creative edge or are just darn right bored with developing the series. It’s galling that a game that once was the pearl of many a gamer has now lost its pride of place.
The reason my xbox is still biting the dust isn’t unrelated to the fact that frankly, I just got bored sick of the pes franchise right after pes 5.so then I’d have to concur with the general consensus that pes hasn’t evolved with the times rather it has failed to meet up with the high standards it set with its early releases like pes1 and pes2.
And yes pes 2 is my all time favorite.
Re: WINNING ELEVEN / PROEVOLUTION SOCCER( PES) 2008 GAME IS VERY WACK! by naija2007: 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2008
"Teamvision is totally crap. Someone beat me 6-5 using chelsea, all his goals were headers with drogba, same style, same location. I outplayed him throughout, but i just couldnt stop his crosses (i can now Grin)

teamvisionis supposed to let your team adapt and negate repeated tricks. How the heck did i get scored 6 times via drogba's head?"

Teamvision is not crap o, it is a wonderful concept indeed. it is only meant for the CPU not when u are playing a live opponent. Playing against the computer get boring sometimes been that one could have mastered how to beat them but the introduction of teamvision could have taken the game to a whole new level only if the game is not flawed in many other departments. If PES2008 is a good game, with this teamvision, u dont need to play against a live opponent anymore because the computer will adapt just like a life opponent will adapt to your style of play.

I heard that seabass( konami) as fired the programmers that produce the much maligned pes2008. lets hope they give us some good footie game in the next edition.

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali / Vas2nets/mtn Promo Is A Fraud / Can The Super (chickens) Eagles Stop Messi And Higuian From Scoring Against Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.